NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Urgh, feel like I have to throw up but it just isn't coming out. Hope it's not a stomach bug...hopefully it's "just" because I ate way to little yesterday.

Broke my left arm last Sunday. Made a spectacular diving save to deny the other team a goal, but caught it only on my left hand, so it took all of the impact. There was  a loud *CRUNCH* and I felt like I'd strained the tendons.It hurt for the rest of the afternoon, but was ok Monday thought nothing of it, really.

Anyway, I remembered a friend of the family was a doctor at a hospital near my new school, so I thought I'd get it checked out on Tuesday. Really felt there was nothing to worry about.

NOPE. Double-break.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Iun said:

Broke my left arm last Sunday. Made a spectacular diving save to deny the other team a goal, but caught it only on my left hand, so it took all of the impact. There was  a loud *CRUNCH* and I felt like I'd strained the tendons.It hurt for the rest of the afternoon, but was ok Monday thought nothing of it, really.

Anyway, I remembered a friend of the family was a doctor at a hospital near my new school, so I thought I'd get it checked out on Tuesday. Really felt there was nothing to worry about.

NOPE. Double-break.

Ouch, that sounds pretty painful Iun. :(

Just as well that you were able to get it checked out and sooner rather than later.

I wish you a speedy recovery. :smile:

• Like 1

Can't sleep, clown will eat me. Can't sleep, clown will eat me.

I've been in bed staring at the ceiling all night, now i'm watching Fresh Prince at 4:30 in the damn morning.

Can't sleep, clown will eat me. Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
I've been in bed staring at the ceiling all night, now i'm watching Fresh Prince at 4:30 in the damn morning.
If it helps, the clown will probably eat you whether you sleep or not, so you might as well go to sleep.
  • Like 1

My OnePlus 6 that I got about a year ago started having some screen issues - it would flicker green and white before turning on and off, like seen here. I googled it and it seemed like it was a common error with the screen type (amoled) so I need to get my screen replaced. It's a phone I got from work so they take care of it for me but they only had a Samsung Galaxy S6 lying around for me to borrow in the meantime. It's battery is totally fucked so I can't really use it outside. It's really frustrating me - mainly because I play Pokémon Go and not being able to do that outside is just... hard... and irritating. Also went for a run with the phone - I use Google fit to track distance and time - and it just didn't measure anything at all. I miss my phone. :( Will probably have to wait a couple of weeks for it to return.

Note to self - Don't stack special edition game boxes from shelf to ceiling in the future. :indeed:

Ironically I was going to dismantle the tower of boxes tomorrow but it decided to dismantle itself in rather spectacular fashion.

It's my own fault for stacking them so high in the first place, the funny thing is, it was fine until I took some boxes off the top as there were some things I needed to sell from there.

Ah well, it could have been worse... a few scuffed boxes, a crushed cartridge box protector and a small mark on my analogue Mega SG :hmm: thankfully barely noticeable though. ::shrug:

Lesson learned, don't play Tetris with boxes when there's a loose block in play. :blush:

This is why I've needed to get rid of stuff for a while now as things have gotten a bit out of hand and on the plus side, one less job to do tomorrow I suppose. :smile:

Had a cold all last week and just as I thought I was getting over it I find I now have Sinusitis so half my face now is constantly aching. It fucking sucks!

In case my face explodes from this ongoing sinusitis I just wanted to make my feels clear. I hate all of you. This is all your fault.

• Like 2

Just come back from some drinks with a friend as a kind of leaving thing for his kids. Over the space of this year I've got to know the kids and become very close (we'd often go to the park, go out for trips etc) and it just sucks saying goodbye. Plus it's just a precursor to my friend joining them in Australia in a few months time and I don't know how I'm going to cope with that. 

This year I've had a fair few friends leave the country and it just sucks. Sometimes adult life sucks. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ashley said:

Just come back from some drinks with a friend as a kind of leaving thing for his kids. Over the space of this year I've got to know the kids and become very close (we'd often go to the park, go out for trips etc) and it just sucks saying goodbye. Plus it's just a precursor to my friend joining them in Australia in a few months time and I don't know how I'm going to cope with that. 

This year I've had a fair few friends leave the country and it just sucks. Sometimes adult life sucks. 

I'm here if you need a chat, my parents, sister and best mate all moved out of the UK in such a quick succession it had me reeling for a long time. <3

• Like 1

Guy who should check the fire alarms in our flat was supposed to be here sometime between 8.30am and now. "If you're not at home at the specified time you can call us and arrange an appointment at a different time. This will, however, cost you some money." (loosely translated)

Well...I was here the entire time. ::shrug: 

Fuck it, I'm leaving for work now.

Edited by drahkon

Couldn't sleep at all last night, had some weird fever dreams and I just feel totally wiped today and can't keep food down for very long. It's either the flu or some bloody sickness bug. Hope it doesn't last any longer than today. 

9 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Couldn't sleep at all last night, had some weird fever dreams and I just feel totally wiped today and can't keep food down for very long. It's either the flu or some bloody sickness bug. Hope it doesn't last any longer than today. 

Urgh, I hate those fever dreams.  I was discussing this with a colleague once and she said they were due to dehydration.  They're bloomin' awful though, and seem an inevitable part of Flu.

Trying to build a web app for me to track my travels (and also for others to keep an eye on it) and it works fine in the development environment but it won't build for live and I can't figure out why.

source.gif

Anyone else keep seeing Jimmy Saville whenever they look at @Sméagol 's avatar?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bob said:

Anyone else keep seeing Jimmy Saville whenever they look at @Sméagol 's avatar?

I am now

I dunno who that is. Don't worry, I'll replace him with another hot babe soon.

My permanent retainer came loose on Sunday so I'd been wearing my nighttime one (which hurts) but went to the dentist this morning who fixed it...for four hours. Need to go back Thursday. In the mean time all I can eat is soup and plain rice (or something else that doesn't require any chewing). 

Meanwhile I'm going back and forth to banks, charity shops and the post office getting ready for my trip. 

I'm currently so exhausted that my whole body hurts and I've been in bed for hours. I had my yellow fever injection last week and they said there's a chance I may get flu-like symptoms in ten days and it's a bit earlier than that but now I think it may be that. 

Basically; I'm broke, please fix me. 

• Like 1

I cut my thumb whilst preparing an onion. 3 minutes later I dropped a glass full of orange juice.

I hate myself.

We're currently getting a new bathroom fitted, and a couple of weeks ago, got the bathroom suite delivered. Unfortunately, the bath screen arrived in pieces (some genius loaded the bathtub on top of it in the van). The delivery men said they would confirm that it arrived broken, and I would get a new one. 

Many days passed, with no communication from anyone, so I emailed the company i bought it from who pointed the finger at the delivery company. I emailed them, who pointed the finger back. I eventually got both parties to confirm that the old panel arrived broken, and a new one was being ordered. A week later, and I had no confirmation from either that the new one was on the way, so I emailed them this morning asking what was happening.

I got a phone call 20 minutes later from a delivery guy who was waiting outside my house with a new bath screen, wondering where I was. I'm at work because no-one told me it had been dispatched, let alone delivered today! Ridiculous.

In a similar vein, I went to my building society last Saturday to transfer some money out of my ISA to pay for this new bathroom. I asked them to kindly transfer a small portion of my savings into my bank account. i check my bank balance today to find that they appear to have accidentally transferred the entire ISA instead. Really hoping they can transfer it back into the ISA without it counting towards my tax-free limit, otherwise i'll have to pay tax on it! Imbeciles!

@bob, I've read enough of these kind of issues on forums to know you should document everything. Prepare a case, just in.. ehh case. 

• Like 1