NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

16 minutes ago, Goafer said:

I imagine because his coworker completely missed the point of the day and made it "You should congratulate women just for being women" instead of using it as a day to highlight inequality and gender issues and encourage genuine discussion/thought.

This is the reason, yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You should have all congratulated me for being alive and fucking amazing tbh.

But you didn't, so you lot will get NOTHING. 

(obviously for anyone who doesn't see it - the above is a la joke)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

We were waiting for International Nightwolf Day

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Goafer said:

Surely it would be international Wolf Night?

I don't have enough time to congratulate every Wolf!

• Like 1

Early Feburary we had a whole week of 20°C with sunny weather. Then shit went downhill with an insane amount of rain. Last week it was snowing for almost two days. And yesterday a  tornado blasted through a village near the town I'm living in. A freaking tornado.

Granted, it's not like a tornado in the USA or someplace else, but damn, it destroyed several backyards. And it was in the middle of Germany...

Oh and by the way: It's been raining for two days straight now. Several streets are flooded.

CLIMATE CHANGE ISN'T REAL.

Geez, I hope you're doing alright @drahkon!

This month is endometriosis month. Which is great, its a condition that occurs in 1 in 10 women and is pretty close to my heart.

Recently women have been posting their scars from multiple surgeries, normally under the hashtag #thisisendometriosis. Its a hashtag that shows how it affects women and a lot of the posts are women showing their multiple (usually) surgery scars.

However, jealousy is an ugly beast my friends. 99% of the women that have posted, whilst they do definitely have multiple scars, they are small, white and healed. 

My 6+ inch ugly, keloid scar plus the tiny white scars from surgery isn't something I mention often, I try to embrace it as much as I can, but god damn if it wasn't hard today. 

On 09/03/2019 at 10:03 AM, nightwolf said:

Every day I congratulate you on this (in my head).

• Like 1

Attended my godfather's funeral this morning.
Afterwards most of the other attendants went to a café/venue. I don't know the English word for this...a wake?

Anyway, I don't like those gatherings after a funeral. They make me uncomfortable. I'd much rather spend time alone with my godmother sometime soon and just reminisce together with her.

Everyone kept asking me whether I'm joining them at the venue and I had to say "no", obviously. The looks I got...as if I told them I stabbed a kid.

Should I feel guilty? Because I don't. I'm just annoyed with those judgmental eyes.

I'm sorry for your loss @drahkon :(

That can't have been easy as it is, funerals can be pretty tough.

At least you went, I'd say that there's no shame in not going to the wake, they make me feel uncomfortable as well.

So long as your Godmother understands and surely she does, then that's all that matters isn't it?

As you said, you're still going to spend some time with her soon, I think that can often be a better way of remembering the good times.

Had you not seen many of the people who were going to the wake recently? I mean I can understand that they probably just wanted to see more of you if they hadn't seen you in a while but ultimately, you've got to do what feels right to you... and it sounds to me like you did just that.

TL;DR - I don't think you should feel guilty at all, I guess it's not an easy time for everyone who knew your Godfather but at least you were there.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

So long as your Godmother understands and surely she does, then that's all that matters isn't it?

She knows how I am. Not sure if she's really understanding but she accepts that.

17 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Had you not seen many of the people who were going to the wake recently? I mean I can understand that they probably just wanted to see more of you if they hadn't seen you in a while

Well, I only knew 5 people who were there (other than my mom and godmother). Three of them I never really had any contact to, and the other two were just there in family gatherings back in the day. I mean, they were part of the family somehow but to be blunt, they weren't really special to me. I've only seen them two or three times after my grandparents died years ago. I doubt they would've wanted to "catch up". 

I feel it was just a matter of them being of an older generation...they probably value wakes differently than I do, which is fine. It's just those judgmental looks. They make me angry. 

If they don't understand my decision, ok. But they can at least try to respect it.

• Thanks 1

So, it's that time of the year when Erasmus students are coming to my town and a friendly society (?) I am a part of offers a week full of activities. You know...meeting others, becoming part of a group, parties, etc..

Last semester I was the main responsible for organizing all of it. This time I decided to only focus on the biggest event (Pubcrawl) because of time constraints. This event is tomorrow.

Here's the thing: two weeks ago my boss told me that I can't take days off this week. This is also what I told the team organizing the entire shebang many times over the past two weeks. I kept reminding them that I won't be able to put a lot of work into it.

During the weekend 1 1/2 weeks ago, I decided to work on some stuff because I knew that I wouldn't be able to until today. I spent 20 hours during the entire weekend (which was the weekend of my mom's birthday, by the way) to prepare documents, book bars and other locations, order drinks, put together a team of 18 people who take care of the challenges during the Pubcrawl, ...

I shared this with our team on the Sunday of that weekend. I also created a To-Do list with 14 items (7 of which I finished during the weekend) asking others to take care of the rest.

Today I got a message..."So, will you be able to finish all the stuff until tomorrow?"

...I checked the To-Do list and nothing had been done. 

mad.gif

So now I'm speedrunning through all the crap that needs to be done. 
Will be interesting to see if they can manage to prepare tomorrow without me, as I will be at work until 5pm and the Pubcrawl starts at 6pm. ::shrug: 

This is the last time I'm working with this particular team. They have been late with the organization for weeks now...

Rant over. 

Edited by drahkon

Feeling like crap.

My throat hurts, my head's killing me and I feel feverish. :hmm: Great way to start the weekend. 

Housemate has finally got a date for his move to NY and I'm obviously happy for him but I shall miss him and it also means I'm having to figure out what I'm doing (with the flat, which has a knock-on effect on my job and general life stuff) and I'm just not in the mood to figure that out.

I wasn't able to walk two steps this morning. Managed to get to a doctor a couple hours later with a little help from a friend. I was worried I had a herniated disc :hmm: Turns out it's "just" low back pain (lumbago). Hurts like all hell.

My housemate moved to New York on Wednesday and it has really hit me hard. I am happy for him and I always knew it was inevitable but we became quite close while he lived here. 

I think it's because I'm at a kind of low ebb/period of uncertainty with life in general and trying to figure out my next steps. Even though there would be times we wouldn't see each other for days it's weird not having him around. 

Plus I've got to find someone else and I really don't have the energy for that. 

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I hate you all. This heat is somehow your fault :cry:

You heard it here first, N-E is so hot right now! :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I went grocery shopping at 7.45am this morning. It was already 33°C.

I like the summer, but this is too much. And it's only going to get worse. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 40°C from 10am to late at night. 

So that climate change...still not real, aye?

Might end up being the hottest day EVER in the UK tomorrow.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day in German history. So far it is at 40.3°C measured in 2015. If the forecast is correct we will see 41°C in some places. 

:cry:

Trying to sleep last night was a bloody nightmare! This morning was my first day back at work after a week off so I was up late anyway as that was on my mind but then my GOD - THE HEAT! I had the great idea to leave my window and blinds open as it was so hot but ofc that meant I was nearly scared to death when the thunder and lighting swept in at two am.

all in all probably had like four hours sleep so I'd better catch up on it tonight lol. Also, I didn't learn my lesson the first million times and have found myself knee deep in an unrequited love situation but that's for another post, maybe a book, or a memoir. 

• Like 1