NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Soooooo, since when do people assume that you ignore them/hate them/are dead/are depressed/don't want to go outside anymore when you don't respond to 13 (!) calls from them in the 3 minutes you are in the shower?
I just got 7 calls from one person and 6 from another. My phone was in my room so I didn't even hear the calls.
"Hey, is everything ok? You seem sad and didn't pick up your phone." was a text I got.
I seem sad? How would you know? Is there a camera inside my bathroom? Me being sad is news to me, by the way.
"Wow, you're really not talking to me anymore? You could at least write a message from time to time, asshole." was another text (yes, she did write "asshole"!).
Sorry that I don't write you every day. But hey, that text from two days ago is still valid...you know? The one about how I asked you whether you wanted to see a movie next week and you still haven't given me an answer to.
What is going on? 
This makes me irrationally angry right now.
Second person is on my shit-list now. First person is on my wtf-list.
Okay, the first one is weird but then it's kind of nice they were concerned? Maybe they're imaging how they would be? I don't know.

As for the second one, if that's a date you were supposed to be going on, HELL TO THE NAW! I'd firstly make that point of her not answering back, providing screenshots of the messages, and then say "sorry, don't do irrational, aggressive (and not in the good way) clinginess. Laters"...but then I'm single and this is possibly why

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

On 10/20/2018 at 9:10 PM, Animal said:

Okay, the first one is weird but then it's kind of nice they were concerned? Maybe they're imaging how they would be? I don't know.

Who knows, it's just weird to me to be honest. ::shrug:

As for the second one, if that's a date you were supposed to be going on, HELL TO THE NAW! I'd firstly make that point of her not answering back, providing screenshots of the messages, and then say "sorry, don't do irrational, aggressive (and not in the good way) clinginess. Laters"

Nah, no date. We are (apparently now were) friends and I simply didn't text her for two days and she threw a fit. I texted her and told her that everything's fine and nothing has changed, I simply didn't write her for absolutely no reason at all...the same way I don't write many of my friends for a couple of days.

This is the first person I've met that seems to get angry at that.

Anyway, we'll meet at an event tonight. Gonna be fun with her ignoring me :laughing: 

So i was watching The Simpsons while browsing around the internet. It was the episode where Bart and Homer collect greese for money.

So there's a scene at the end where they're in the ventalation ducts with Willy and they get spat out into the gym where the dance is going on. At this point there is supposed to be a scene where Homer starts grabbing greese from kids and shoving it in his pockets but instead all I got was a black screen and scilence before it transitioned to the next scene where the new girl gets hit with a greese ball.

What the hell is this contry comming to where I can't watch Homer man-handle children for stolen greese?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, martinist said:

So i was watching The Simpsons while browsing around the internet. It was the episode where Bart and Homer collect greese for money.

So there's a scene at the end where they're in the ventalation ducts with Willy and they get spat out into the gym where the dance is going on. At this point there is supposed to be a scene where Homer starts grabbing greese from kids and shoving it in his pockets but instead all I got was a black screen and scilence before it transitioned to the next scene where the new girl gets hit with a greese ball.

What the hell is this contry comming to where I can't watch Homer man-handle children for stolen greese?!

That's bizarre, the only cuts I remember happening in Simpsons episodes were the shot of the twin towers when Homer's car is impounded and a scene where Marge imagine Homer as a hostage negotiator that were obviously cut out post-9/11 because they were deemed insensitive but they were restored in repeats a  few years later. Those were understandable but the scene where Homer tires to snatch the grease back seems entirely inoffensive. 

I was watching an episode on Sky One, the one was Homer buys the fake football tickets and the picture faded out to black near the end. Still had audio though. Don't remember it ever doing that, or even there being anything offensive on screen at that point.

I've not even left London and I already know this weekend trip home is going to be shit and full of drama. 

Bright side at least I had the foresight to book Monday off work. 

On 11/2/2018 at 7:29 PM, Ike said:

I was watching an episode on Sky One, the one was Homer buys the fake football tickets and the picture faded out to black near the end. Still had audio though. Don't remember it ever doing that, or even there being anything offensive on screen at that point.

I just watched an episode of Futurama followed by an episode of The Simpsons and both faded to black for a couple of seconds near the end, audio was still there and the picture came back for the rest of each episode. I can't think of any reason why Sky One are doing this but it seems to happen with every episode, I don't think it's anything to do with the content at all, could just be some weird glitch in their broadcast system.

Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of Spongebob Squarepants and Rocko's Modern Life has died at the age of 57. I didn't realise that he was ill - he was diagnosed with motor neurone disease last year - so the news has come as quite a shock to me. I haven't watched either in a while but Rocko in particular was a favourite of mine growing up. 

Not a good day...two of my closest friends are moving away and I have a hard time dealing with that.

We met only a couple of months ago but they both grew very dear to my heart and it sucks that they are gone soon.

Even if they just live a 2 (or 4, respectively) hour train ride away it still sucks... :( 

Good thing is that we already made plans for December. One of the ladies will join me on a trip to Budapest and I'll visit her two days before Christmas. And we will all spend New Year's Eve together. Something to look forward to :) 

• Like 2

Urgh. Locked myself out of my house. Have to wait for a locksmith - who knows how much this will cost!

Edit: £250! :angryfaceblowingsteamthroughnose:

9 hours ago, bob said:

£250!

....fuck that, could have bought one of those new Echo Shows for that kinda money. With £30 left over to go to the pub.

Edited by martinist

So I've been struggling with a chronic stomach condition for the last 12 months or there about with little improvement over the year. Constant nausea, cramps, acid reflux and the like. Had a gastroscopy at the end of October after months of going back to the doctor and got the all clear there so I've been left with a bunch of medication and a note to try and manage it by dietary change, even though I've been doing that for the last year and have been more or less on a vegetarian/vegan diet for most of the last 6 months.

Anyway, had to go back to the doctors yesterday as over the last 4 weeks, I've been getting tremors and muscle spasms which have gotten steadily worse to the point I've been having motor ticks repeatedly with little let up in them. My GP said that I've got a benign tremor and suggested it might be one of the anti-sickness medications I'm on so I've to stop that immediately alongside giving up the single cup of coffee I would have in the morning (having already had to drastically cut back on coffee) for a week and then try taking some beta blockers.

So not great to go from one issue to developing another. My sister had been getting tested for MS so there is the slight possibility of it being that as she developed symptoms at the same age. Hoping it's not something like that and just some bad side effects from medication but it's pretty awful not being able to sit still for any length of time watching tv or such because of it (typing this was an effort for example). Fingers crossed that it resolves itself.

So my epilepsy decided it was going to make a dramatic return today. Had a seizure this morning and dislocated my shoulder in the process!

Spent a couple of hours in the hospital and it took them two attempts to pop it back in - bloody painful experience!

I'm now at my parents for a week or so whilst I recover. Silver lining though I get some time off work and don't have to buy my own food for a week :p

• Like 1

I just fucking wasted 40 bucks and 12 hours of my life.

Wanted to go to Budapest today, but Deutsche FUCKING Bahn (germain railway company) employees went on strike 3 hours before my flight departed. I was stuck in the middle of nowhere for 90 minutes and arrived at the next train station 30 minutes later. Too late to take a cab to the airport, wouldn't have arrived in time. Needless to say, I missed my flight. The flights being so cheap I decided to not get insurance in case I need to cancel and get the money back because I thought: "Pff, what the fuck could go wrong..." I certainly learned my lesson.

It gets worse: I was stuck at several train stations for a total of 6 hours because the strike went on and on and on...

Now I'm back home, bought some food, beers, vodka and will play video games for the rest of week. I mean, I'm on vacation. Haha

ha

ha

ha

So my mother is back in hospital with a twisted bowel.

This has happened before a few years ago, stuck a tube up her nose and pumped her stomach and waited for it to untwist itself.

If it doesn't untwist itself then she'll need surgery to correct it.

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear that martinist. :(

Wishing her all the best for a quick recovery.

So it turns out it wasn't a twisted bowel, it was stomach flu.

Which she has now given to me and my dad. The vomiting has stopped but I still feel like shit, had to get a doctor out for him who just called an ambulance for my dad since he has some underlying stuff going on, which hasn't arrived yet because they are "exceptionally busy" and to call them back, it's been about 2 hours now.

On 09/12/2018 at 6:04 PM, Eddage said:

So my epilepsy decided it was going to make a dramatic return today. Had a seizure this morning and dislocated my shoulder in the process!

Spent a couple of hours in the hospital and it took them two attempts to pop it back in - bloody painful experience!

I'm now at my parents for a week or so whilst I recover. Silver lining though I get some time off work and don't have to buy my own food for a week :p

Any reason for the reappearance?

Kind hasn't reared its head for some years now thankfully. Whenever I go out and I know alcohol will be consumed in excess I double my meds before and after. Which also seems to benefit by dulling the effects of a hangover.

13 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Any reason for the reappearance?

Kind hasn't reared its head for some years now thankfully. Whenever I go out and I know alcohol will be consumed in excess I double my meds before and after. Which also seems to benefit by dulling the effects of a hangover.

No idea why it returned, never been able to put a label on what caused it in the past. I thought it may be stress triggered but the last few weeks have been the least stressful for me for a long time!

Went back into the hospital on Saturday, as well as dislocating my shoulder I have also fractured the socket. Next up is an MRI to determine the extent of nerve/muscle damage.

I've been signed off from work for four weeks so don't have to go back until mid Jan but pretty sure I'm gonna do a phased return before that as my shoulder starts to get better, otherwise I think I'd go pretty crazy. Also doesn't help that I'm a single point of failure for one of our main systems so if I'm not able to provide any support for four weeks then that could cause problems!

I think I’m ready to admit that I hate Christmas Day. 

I tend to look forward to Christmas and the time of year but then inevitably by the end of Christmas Day I end up feeling like shit. I’m sitting in my room feeling depressed about how pathetic my life is and then feeling guilty for not being downstairs spending time with family. 

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I tend to look forward to Christmas and the time of year but then inevitably by the end of Christmas Day I end up feeling like shit. I’m sitting in my room feeling depressed about how pathetic my life is and then feeling guilty for not being downstairs spending time with family. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling that way, Christmas Day has been pretty good here overall but I do feel like I partially understand.

I too look forward to Christmas, it's nice to have at least two days off work and get to spend it with family.

This year we all pitched in with cooking the meal, clearing up etc, got to watch a great film and I'm even managing to get some game time in.

Presents were nice, I wasn't really expecting anything but I got a NES Cleaning Kit to add to my collection plus some chocolates etc.

Everyone seemed pleased with the gifts I got them which is nice but even without the gifts, it would have still been fine.

At this time I tend to think about those who are no longer with us... family members, friends, colleagues and people I used to see regularly.

I know it isn't always easy but if you can focus on the good things in your life then that definitely helps...

...I'm very grateful for everyone in the family being home for Christmas for example, I have a job and I got some great games this year.

The bad stuff will inevitably start to creep in this time of year though, I know how that goes...

...I'm in my Thirties, still in the same job, still single, I buy stuff possibly to fill voids and I need to get rid of a load of it.

It all depends on how you look at things though, I'm still young(ish), I've maintained work, I enjoy a lot of games and even review some.

See that's another thing, writing for N-E and being a part of this excellent community is one big thing that keeps me going. :)

It's been great exchanging posts with yourself and others in the Retro thread for example, even if we do act as purchase enablers too. ;)

Try and find some things in your life that you're thankful for, it doesn't matter if they are big or small and just go from there.

Eaiser to type and harder to do... I know but hang in there, OK? :peace:

If you want to talk about anything, you only need ask.

Oh and that film we watched earlier was Lucky by John Carrol Lynch starring the late Harry Dean Stanton, it was his last film.

I thoroughly recommend it as it's a fantastic film anyway but it really helped to put a lot of things into perspective for me as well.

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Sorry to hear that you're having a bad time. 

For the people that I know, Christmas can be very hit and miss. I know some who thoroughly love the day and then I also know some who find the whole experience to be stressful or who just can't wait for it to be over. For some, it just leads to arguments or disagreements. It can be quite difficult if there's loads of family members who you normally wouldn't see or associate with, like the typical awkward auntie or uncle. 

Was there something that went wrong during the day that led to this? Like an off-hand comment or something like that? 

On 25/12/2018 at 8:41 PM, Happenstance said:

Got them feels right here, I think it's a sign of me getting older and giving less of a fuck.

I'm feeling a bit of a moral dilemma. My Cousin has written a book called Homewrecker which you can find on Amazon. All the current reviews are positive, which I know will be from close friends etc, as it was heavily publicised by herself which is no means a bad thing, but you know these aren't genuine reviews. In support of the family dynamic I have naturally bought a copy and am going through it now. 

It's bad.

The story is in its infancy so I can't knock that yet, it's a "psychological thriller" so I am expecting a few twists. However the writing is not good. Never before have I seen in a book the liberal use of "it's, there's, doesn't, couldn't, shouldn't" any word you can shorten by using an apostrophe when describing events and not just in people's speech patterns. I use to think that I was quite liberal with my use of commas which is something I've been trying to dial down however this book... wow. Plus I caught at least 4 grammatical errors in the chapter I read last night.

My two main gripes are two things which I don't think are needed in a book like this:

Blog-esque interjection - things will happen in the story and you're following it as a reader and suddenly the fourth wall is broken with "I don't know about you, but..." / "You see, we live in a world where..." / "Now, how would you feel if..." and then goes on about half a page of opinion which belongs in a blog, which I think is supposed to make you question your way of thinking on life or something, but it has zero impact on the story.

Forced extrapolation/exposition (I might be using the term wrong here) - Hand-holding to the Nth degree, "She stood at the window watching them walk off, with a smirk on her face, a face of satisfaction, something sinister, why would she smile like this after this just happened?" - not a direct quote but similar. If you have to tell me that someone is plotting a nefarious deed in such a manner so early in the narrative, it's just bad storytelling.

I feel better getting this out to someone who isn't the missus, so many thanks to the N-Europe massive. But if she asks I don't think I can lie for this. I'm hoping it will pick up and maybe these are just starting out nerves, but I worry it will not.

• Like 1

Perhaps constructive rather than "this is bad, I won't be writing a good review" for it? Though, how you would go about that is beyond me right now.

I will add to the woe of Christmas. This year, I hosted my family again, normally, Christmas for us is a really good affair, I don't tend to have any gripes with it and its perhaps the only time of year I can safely say we don't argue.

Unfortunately, that changed this year and really be writing this in good news - but my sister is pregnant, the first baby in our immediate family. I'm to be an aunt! 

But it seems that pregnancy for whatever reason has turned my sister into someone I don't really want to speak too. To keep it short, she was supposed to stay here, instead of a nearby hotel, but after shouting at my Dad and then having a full on scream at me (I will admit I had an annoyance with her sharing info with my parents about something, but "normally" this would never have escalated), she left for a hotel on Christmas eve. 

Christmas day was even worse, getting to my house and leaving within 10 minutes - my Dad barely said a word to us all day and my poor mum had no idea where he was going. In the end we found he had been going to and from the hotel to keep my sister and her boyfriend happy. Even my mum was surprised by the "favouritism" my dad was showing, in comparison to the pain I had been through 2 years before and been brushed off. 

In the end, we made up, just about. But I'm tired and my partner doesn't want much to do with them - at least for a little while. Perhaps one of the worst Christmases I've had for some time. Family truly can be quite spiteful. 

./bitter ./waffle 

35 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

Perhaps constructive rather than "this is bad, I won't be writing a good review" for it? Though, how you would go about that is beyond me right now.

At the moment the most constructive I can think is "I don't like way it is written" 

That aside, your Christmas sounds eventful. It seems to be that one time of year where all the grievances magically appear.

• Like 1