NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Fell down a ladder earlier today. Doctor said it's a really bad bruise (contusion? No idea what the correct term is in English).

Well, only thing I can say is that it hurts like hell.

Really hope I can play football next Monday. It's the biggest game in our hobby league. The Cup Final. Don't want to miss it, even though we'll probably get wrecked :D

Fell down a ladder earlier today. Doctor said it's a really bad bruise (contusion? No idea what the correct term is in English).

Really hope I can play football next Monday. It's the biggest game in our hobby league. The Cup Final. Don't want to miss it, even though we'll probably get wrecked

Contusion is the correct word. Where tho? Your leg? Arm? Face?

6 minutes ago, bob said:

Contusion is the correct word. Where tho? Your leg? Arm? Face?

Lower back and my buttocks.

14 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Lower back and my buttocks.

You sure it's not your coccyx?

2Fbg.gif

14 hours ago, drahkon said:

Really hope I can play football next Monday. It's the biggest game in our hobby league. The Cup Final. Don't want to miss it, even though we'll probably get wrecked :D

Bruise and contusion are the same thing, contusion is just the medical term while bruise is the layman. Although contusion tends to sound more severe so use that if you want the most sympathy.

How far did you fall? Is it really worth playing if you're gonna risk injuring yourself further? Or are you the star player and they couldn't possibly compete without you?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MoogleViper said:

Bruise and contusion are the same thing, contusion is just the medical term while bruise is the layman. Although contusion tends to sound more severe so use that if you want the most sympathy.

I see. In Germany the medical and layman term is the same. Good to know.

How far did you fall? Is it really worth playing if you're gonna risk injuring yourself further? Or are you the star player and they couldn't possibly compete without you?

It wasn't that far, door high, so about 2m.

Well...I'm not the star player but I'm important for our defense. I'll see the doctor again on Monday. I'll make my decision whether I'll play or not after that.

Been driving myself nuts all week waiting for results on a blood test my nephew had to have as the doctors were worried he could have something serious. Still waiting on them :(

So I have tickets to a Blink 182 concert in Vegas on the 27th of October. Apparently the drummer has been suffering from blood clots in his arms alot and they had to cancel a few shows in June. Kinda wondering if my tickets will be canceld too if it keeps up >_>

So I'm feeling a little crap today...

I normally always have this week off because it's my birthday week, it's nice weather and I normally cram a lot of stuff into this one week because it's a rarity that I get time off and it's actually nice weather. Normally go on holiday and then on the weekend, go to Alton Towers and then bowling and cinemas.

So at the very start of the week, I went to Weston-Super-Mare with the family and went to a restaurant, ate a meal (which was the only thing I ate bar bran flakes) and on the night, ended up re-enacting Linda Blair from The Exorcist and throwing up like crazy. I mean full-on projectile, stomach pains and dizziness.

Next day, went on the beach a little but got dizzy a couple of times so I went back to bed. In the end, everyone just said let's go home because the weather wasn't as great. It wasn't sunny but the weather was okay enough. I said I was fine but they insisted it wasn't the same if I wasn't enjoying it (which hit me in the feels a little, not going to lie).

So all week long, I've been eating tiny meals because normal meals make me feel like I can throw up at any moment. I've gone dairy-free now because milk still makes me feel nauseous and to cap it off, today is my birthday and I was going to go to the cinemas and nobody can make it/has responded back.

I'm not going to lie, I feel crap, lmao.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Animal said:

So all week long, I've been eating tiny meals because normal meals make me feel like I can throw up at any moment. I've gone dairy-free now because milk still makes me feel nauseous and to cap it off, today is my birthday and I was going to go to the cinemas and nobody can make it/has responded back.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling good Animal, hopefully you'll feel better soon. :hmm:

Oh and Happy Birthday! :D

I hope you still get to enjoy your day, just take it easy and do the things which make you happy, even if you can't get to the cinema, maybe watch one of your favourite films? :peace:

• Like 1

Happy birthday Animal! May your be filled with soap-like drama.

• Like 1

Happy birthday Animal! May your be filled with soap-like drama.

Isn't it always? Don't you always love it though? haha. It's better than Eastenders! It should win a soap award! Thanks dude.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling good Animal, hopefully you'll feel better soon. :hmm:
Oh and Happy Birthday!
I hope you still get to enjoy your day, just take it easy and do the things which make you happy, even if you can't get to the cinema, maybe watch one of your favourite films? :peace:

Thanks. I watched England destroy Panama so that cheered me up and I watched my new Blu-rays as well (Power Rangers and Cars 3- both surprisingly great and very enjoyable). Just hate having the stomach pains.

• Thanks 1

Happy birthday Animal! :)
Sorry to hear you're not well, hope you get better soon!

• Like 1

On 24 June 2018 at 9:42 AM, Animal said:

So I'm feeling a little crap today...

I normally always have this week off because it's my birthday week, it's nice weather and I normally cram a lot of stuff into this one week because it's a rarity that I get time off and it's actually nice weather. Normally go on holiday and then on the weekend, go to Alton Towers and then bowling and cinemas.

So at the very start of the week, I went to Weston-Super-Mare with the family and went to a restaurant, ate a meal (which was the only thing I ate bar bran flakes) and on the night, ended up re-enacting Linda Blair from The Exorcist and throwing up like crazy. I mean full-on projectile, stomach pains and dizziness.

Next day, went on the beach a little but got dizzy a couple of times so I went back to bed. In the end, everyone just said let's go home because the weather wasn't as great. It wasn't sunny but the weather was okay enough. I said I was fine but they insisted it wasn't the same if I wasn't enjoying it (which hit me in the feels a little, not going to lie).

Just think of all the joyous Fortnite kills we shared because of your dodgy belly! Every stomach has a silver lining 

• Like 1

Had a 5-a-side tournament yesterday, lots of different businesses in Nottingham playing against each other. We had enough players for two teams with subs. There wasn't much organisation, and everytime we asked what the teams were nobody messaged (we have a group chat at work).

Even when we get to the tournament, still nobody is answering when we ask what the teams are. But literally two minutes before we're due to kick off the chairman (we have a football society and get some funding from the company, and he's the one that organises matches and stuff) tells us what the teams are. He hasn't tried to balance the teams out at all, he's clearly gone for an A team and a B team, put himself on the A team with all the best players. Well I didn't make the cut and am on the B team. I ordinarily wouldn't mind so much as we still have some good players, me and three others. But the other three players on the team are awful. I'm not talking in terms of skill (I'm one of the least skillful), in terms of effort. They will just stand in one place on the pitch, not mark players, watch players run past them and just walk around rather than chasing the ball or other players down.

The first match I took an unofficial captain role and played our four best players with one of the lazy players in net. We played well and won 2 nil (it was 8 minutes per match). It would have been a dick move to only play that team every game so we rotated subs. And we didn't win a single match after that. We would rotate subs halfway through the game which in hindsight I think was a bad move as it meant we would always have a some lazy players on the pitch.  In all the time I was on the pitch we only conceded one goal, but would still lose the game as when I subbed off we'd concede three.

We didn't make it through the group stages, but the A team did. It was already about 9:15pm by this point, so I started to go home. And then the A team shout towards me, "You're not gonna stay and cheer us on? I can't believe it". So after they shafted us when they picked the team they still expect me to stay and watch them play.

I don't know if all this sounds really petty and stuck up from an outsider perspective but it really pissed me off.

• Like 1

Just think of all the joyous Fortnite kills we shared because of your dodgy belly! Every stomach has a silver lining 
That's so true. We done some exciting matches and I learned how to edit too! Not as good as you but enough to make a door! haha.

I like our little strategy we have! We need more games!

Currently, we've got some major engineering works going on with the railway in South Wales (when's it never not happening).  A few years ago, the Severn Tunnel was closed for 4-5 weeks for fitting of the electrification stuff, and it's been closed again for a similar period as the stuff rusted for not being used.  2 platforms closed in Newport and Cardiff and the Cwmbran line is closed south of Cwmbran as well.  So as you can guess, everyones favourite rail replacement bus services are in action between Bristol and Newport, and from Cwmbran to Newport.  So, you've got limited trains to and from Cardiff.  Thus it's busier than normal, which can be a bother at times.

This week is aweful for rush hour travel.  Usually, you get 5-6 trains an hour between 6am and 8:30am from Newport when everything is normal.  The past few weeks, you've had 3 an hour.  This week you've got 4 trains in total in that alloted time.  3 of these trains are 2 carraiges, and the 4th is a 8-10 carraige HST.   You can just imagine the carnage of people from the Bristol area, Abergavenny, Hereford, Cwmbran and the usual Newport crowds all trying to get on these alloted trains.  On Monday, i sat in Weatherspoons opposite until the 8:30am arrived.  Otherwise, you've got no chance as it's practically a battle to get on the 2 carraige trains.

And all this to save 20 minutes travel to London from Cardiff.

Can’t wait for this bloody heatwave to piss off! Just leaves me lying around miserable all day. Bring back the snow!

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1

Can’t wait for this bloody heatwave to piss off! Just leaves me lying around miserable all day. Bring back the snow!
Have you considered getting a portable air con machine? One of the best purchase decisions I've ever made.

8 hours ago, Sheikah said:
9 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Have you considered getting a portable air con machine? One of the best purchase decisions I've ever made.

I was looking into it just last week actually. One of those things where I need to decide if I want to spend a load of money on it and have to factor in how much it would cost in electricity.