NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

14 minutes ago, Cube said:

She didn't say a word while doing it and neither of them have yet to mention it to us. Neither me or my housemate plan on paying any attention to it.

Oh no, you should totally do that. And charge 100 pounds a night.

Edited by Sméagol

The most surprising thing about this is that you people apparently only replace the toilet roll once a week.

He keeps his toilet roll in his room. Guests (including his) use mine.

It's also never been empty since I moved in back in August.

Oh, and last night we found the food bin so full it wouldn't shut, it was his stack of pita bread that was way overflowing.

10 minutes ago, Cube said:

He keeps his toilet roll in his room.

What a hassle going back to your room to wipe your ass...

#bobjoke

Edited by drahkon

You can probably remove Peter and Charlotte's Save the Date card from the fridge now. It's been 9 months.

• Haha 3

On 3/29/2018 at 7:56 AM, Cube said:

He keeps his toilet roll in his room. Guests (including his) use mine.

It's also never been empty since I moved in back in August.

Oh, and last night we found the food bin so full it wouldn't shut, it was his stack of pita bread that was way overflowing.

I'm on a new level of petty after so many years of living with people. So my thought process would be to report the person living there as a "favour" to the landlord.

Tidying sucks.

Got an old PC tower (doesn't boot) and two monitors (now that I've gotten rid of one by leaving it on the wall outside).  Looked into giving the PC and monitors to a charity but you need to pop them in a box and fuck buying three big boxes for that.  Tried to take the hard drive out but its practically impossible to get the enclosure off.  Hit it with a hammer for a while but its only dented it.  

Been to three charity shops today dropping things off, as well as a recycling centre. Still more to do... urgh.

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2018 at 12:26 AM, Cube said:

On a less serious note. 

We've had someone staying at our house (me and my normal housemate) temporarily. They're here for six months as a favour. He's been here for just over two weeks.Today, a friend of ours put these on our fridge and bathroom door

1n1QYwt.jpg

Vye30Kl.jpg

She didn't say a word while doing it and neither of them have yet to mention it to us. Neither me or my housemate plan on paying any attention to it.

How's your temporary housemate coming along @Cube? Did they ever mention the schedule after you were going to ignore it?

4 hours ago, Happenstance said:

How's your temporary housemate coming along @Cube? Did they ever mention the schedule after you were going to ignore it?

He's leaving soon. I haven't actually seen him for a few days.

They never mentioned the schedule. Me and the other housemate put it down about a week ago.

• Like 1

I would have set fire to it, but then, there's something horribly wrong with me.

Also, that cat has superb handwriting.

• Haha 1

Started a short course last week and I'm ill today so not been able to go and it's kind of annoying as that's one lesson out of 11 I'm missing. Plus the teacher hasn't responded to my email which doesn't bode well with a Lisa Simpson type like me. 

So I was just doing some garden work, pulling out weeds mostly, when I noticed a big chunk of ivy on our lawn. A big piece including roots and clear cut marks. A bit further there were some more leaves. I also noticed that our hedge on the left was leaning over quite a bit (I had put this down to growth at first).

I just took out a ladder and noticed that the top of the hedge was covered in pieces of ivy clippings, which had been thrown on top. The ivy grows from the chavvy neighbor's garden. over our fence. It seems someone has finally done some garden cleaning there (or at least part of it, as the back is still a wilderness) and then decided it would be ok to chuck it in our garden...

WTF? I am fuming right now! These people don't take care of their shitty garden, then they decide this is fine to do because they are too cheap to pay for a green bin!
Honestly not sure what to do about this. I can't just dispose of it myself as our green bin is full (and won't be cleared for a while), and it's quite a big pile of branches. I feel like putting it in bin bags and leaving at their door, but I don't want to have a big drama over this either.

Urghhhhhhhhhh.

• Angry 1

That’s a piss-take @Eenuh throw it back over... but set fire to it first! Haha

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eenuh said:

So I was just doing some garden work, pulling out weeds mostly, when I noticed a big chunk of ivy on our lawn. A big piece including roots and clear cut marks. A bit further there were some more leaves. I also noticed that our hedge on the left was leaning over quite a bit (I had put this down to growth at first).

I just took out a ladder and noticed that the top of the hedge was covered in pieces of ivy clippings, which had been thrown on top. The ivy grows from the chavvy neighbor's garden. over our fence. It seems someone has finally done some garden cleaning there (or at least part of it, as the back is still a wilderness) and then decided it would be ok to chuck it in our garden...

WTF? I am fuming right now! These people don't take care of their shitty garden, then they decide this is fine to do because they are too cheap to pay for a green bin!
Honestly not sure what to do about this. I can't just dispose of it myself as our green bin is full (and won't be cleared for a while), and it's quite a big pile of branches. I feel like putting it in bin bags and leaving at their door, but I don't want to have a big drama over this either.

Urghhhhhhhhhh.

You could first ask them nicely to remove it from your garden, and if they don't comply, throw every legal option available to you at them. I'm no expert on that, so I'm not going to suggest anything specific.

Or you could just throw it back in their garden. How are your acting skills? It should be easy to deny everything if you're not growing any ivy yourself.

Edited by Sméagol

1 minute ago, Kav said:

That’s a piss-take @Eenuh throw it back over... but set fire to it first! Haha

Don't tempt me! :p

I bet if I mention it to them as well, they will just claim the ivy is ours or something (even though it is growing from their shitty garden).

• Like 1

Isn't Ivy poisonous?

If so...how about a nice dinner with your neighbours? :)

The answer to this, and indeed all neighbourly spats: sick donuts on their front lawn.

Our neighbour has decided that it's perfectly fine for her kids to leave banana peels in our plant pot.

2 hours ago, Goafer said:

The answer to this, and indeed all neighbourly spats: sick donuts on their front lawn.

Our neighbour has decided that it's perfectly fine for her kids to leave banana peels in our plant pot.

Your solution is to give them free food?

(Unless you really meant "sick" donuts, in which case I'm intrigued)

I think he is advising Eenuh to vomit donut sludge onto her neighbours lawn.

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I have a mosquito bite on my big toe.

MYAl.gif

I have four on my feet (including on the sole), two on my leg, one on my hand and one on my arm.  I guess this is further proof I'm sweeter than you.

I also had mosquito bites. I also have bloodstains on the wall. I guess me and the mosquito are even.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I stuck £100 in 32 Red last night. Won £200 or so then blew the entire £300 or so on live blackjack. I think I have a problem. Started at £10 a hand then £25 then eventually £50 aaaaaand it's gone!