NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Tried adding @130131301364 on my Switch but it didn't like the code. THat's my bad thing for the day.

That's odd...maybe try it again?

Although that might explain why I have no friends on the Switch that I do not own.

Edited by 130131301364

That's odd...maybe try it again?

Although that might explain why I have no friends on the Switch that I do not own.

You're on the spreadsheet though!

You're on the spreadsheet though!

Lolololololl! I am le master trole!

I don't know how to feel right now and it's kind of bugging me a little because I'm sort of feeling like a monster with no feelings.

Basically, this guy I knew from college days had suddenly passed away in his sleep last night. One of my mates phoned me and I knew something had happened immediately because in the 10 years we've known each other, he's never rang. When I answered, he dropped the news on me. The thing is though, I was very shocked but I wasn't very upset at all. We used to be close friends up until a few years ago when shit kicked off between us and he kind of unnecessarily stirred up more shit to the point everyone fell out with me and I fell out with everyone. I'm not playing the victim or anything because there were wrongs on all sides but the situation could've rectified itself after a bit of time if it wasn't for that, I feel. It was how it happened and was in fact, one of the reasons why I quit Facebook and other social media. We were on talking terms as he apologised but we both agreed it's never going to be the same as it was but we'd still have one of those "Hello, how are you?" type of conversations.

The thing is, I was really dwelling on it loads last night wondering if it's normal or if I'm a bad guy. It feels weird knowing he passed away and my sympathies went to his family, especially his nephew who found him, but it's odd. I felt a bit sad but after half an hour, I didn't really feel anything much...is it normal?

I also know I need to stop thinking about it because I'm going to work myself up into a panic attack but when I can't understand something, I can't help it. I don't really know what to think.

I don't know how to feel right now and it's kind of bugging me a little because I'm sort of feeling like a monster with no feelings.

Basically, this guy I knew from college days had suddenly passed away in his sleep last night. One of my mates phoned me and I knew something had happened immediately because in the 10 years we've known each other, he's never rang. When I answered, he dropped the news on me. The thing is though, I was very shocked but I wasn't very upset at all. We used to be close friends up until a few years ago when shit kicked off between us and he kind of unnecessarily stirred up more shit to the point everyone fell out with me and I fell out with everyone. I'm not playing the victim or anything because there were wrongs on all sides but the situation could've rectified itself after a bit of time if it wasn't for that, I feel. It was how it happened and was in fact, one of the reasons why I quit Facebook and other social media. We were on talking terms as he apologised but we both agreed it's never going to be the same as it was but we'd still have one of those "Hello, how are you?" type of conversations.

The thing is, I was really dwelling on it loads last night wondering if it's normal or if I'm a bad guy. It feels weird knowing he passed away and my sympathies went to his family, especially his nephew who found him, but it's odd. I felt a bit sad but after half an hour, I didn't really feel anything much...is it normal?

I also know I need to stop thinking about it because I'm going to work myself up into a panic attack but when I can't understand something, I can't help it. I don't really know what to think.

Sometimes it takes a while for things to sink in and for you to process things fully. As you've said, there seems to be a lot of history between the two of you so it's a lot to take in. The best thing to do is remember that you both put your differences aside in the end and both apologised to each other. Now you should accept whatever feelings you have in the moment, don't try and force yourself to feel a certain way because you feel as though those are the emotions you should have.

I don't blame you for not wanting to be best buddies again, and you had absolutely no duty to do so! But at the very least you cleared the air. Sorry for your loss bud!

Everything's been seriously chaotic for me. My dad needs a triple bypass as a matter of urgency as his main artery junction going into his heart has 3 lesions on it. Surgery on my dads private surgeons waiting list is 7-8 weeks. NHS is 4 MONTHS.

I had a holiday planned for just about 7 weeks time so that has to be cancelled, we are rushing around trying to change everything, and hoping we can go week after next.

Thanks. It just feels weird but I guess I'm just going to have to ride with it for now. Actually, it occured to me as I'm typing this that he used to be a member here for a little bit. Ryuk. Although we did have our differences and we did come to a mutual understanding, I will say that he really did live life the way he wanted to and didn't give a shit for anybody's judgement. That much nobody can take away from him.

Also, I'm really sorry to hear about your news @Raining_again and @Josh64 :(

Thanks. It just feels weird but I guess I'm just going to have to ride with it for now. Actually, it occured to me as I'm typing this that he used to be a member here for a little bit. Ryuk. Although we did have our differences and we did come to a mutual understanding, I will say that he really did live life the way he wanted to and didn't give a shit for anybody's judgement. That much nobody can take away from him.

Also, I'm really sorry to hear about your news @Raining_again and @Josh64 :(

Yeah of course its going to be weird. I kinda felt that way in high school when we lost one of our classmates (fuck he was like 13, it was a dreadful thing) but like.... I didn't really know him that well, didn't really care for him but it was awfully sad at the same time.

There was the biggest bitches in the school crying over him like they were devastated and I was like really, REALLY. You hated him. Don't be fake.

Go to the funeral if you want to, or don't. Feel sad, or don't. Forcing yourself to feel something, or feeling guilty, won't make it better or easier for anyone else, including you.

Life is a very short precious thing, and i know you are a positive person that will bounce back from this @Animal.

ExtraTorrent has shut down permanently

ExtraTorrent with all mirrors goes offline.. We permanently erase all data.

Stay away from fake ExtraTorrent websites and clones.

Thx to all ET supporters and torrent community.

ET was a place to be....

May 17, 2017

I has a sad.

Tried to make mayonnaise myself.

Failed miserably. :( Will try again later today.

Tried to make mayonnaise myself.

Failed miserably. :( Will try again later today.

362433de6981568cd4c4505fad713fd7.jpg

Why I failed? Put in the oil too quickly.

Why try again? Because I'd like to make some mayonnaise myself.

Do you not have Hellmanns over there? They got the recipe right and always put the oil in slow.

How do you make it? It's easier to get the right texture if you add bread crumbs soaked in wine vinegar (I actually put the white stuff which is inside the bread, not bread crumbs. I don't know how to translate it though..).

Never heard of using breadcrumbs, but sounds interesting.

As I gather it's a little mustard, and egg yolk, whisked whilst very slowly adding oil (maintaining whisking).

Fuck adding oil slowly.

One full egg, mustard and 200ml oil (salt, pepper, any kind of seasoning you want). Immersion blender almost on the ground, mix until it starts to thicken, slowly raise the blender and mix the remaining oil. First time I tried it and it worked.

I didn't like it though. Made three batches with increasing amounts of seasoning and mustard but I could always taste the oil the most (makes sense, of course). Tried it with sunflower oil, light tasting olive oil and rapeseed oil. Not for me.

So in the last few months:

• My granddad was told he has "weeks not months". Granted this was March but he is getting worse.
  • My mother's cancer has returned. Was initially told it was 9mm so about the same as last time and she had her op two weeks ago and her appointment today and they've now said its 21mm so they've referred it for a second opinion as to whether she needs chemo
  • My grandparent's dog also hasn't been given much time left
  • My stepfather lost his job after he had an accident at work (longish story)
  • My mother had to change her phone number after my little brother's baby mamma ex was getting her ~6 year old nephew to make abusive phone calls
  • My stepfather's brother also has cancer
  • My nan is wearing herself into the ground trying to look after my granddad (and he's refusing to go to a day hospice which isn't helping)

So looks like I'm going to do full-time for a while at work because I'm going to pay her rent for a month or two (she refused when I proposed it a little while back but tough, particularly now her husband has lost his job) and seems like I'm going to agree to the one year contract extension. I did kind of want to leave the country when this was up (August) and while some things may have settled down by that point I don't feel it would be right to up and leave at that point.

I just wish I didn't have to feel the need to be the support network. My little brother is a hot head who is too focused on his own self-inflicted miserable life and stoned off his face more often than not. My elder brother means well but he tries to fill every moment with incessant chatter and it becomes grating. My mother's husband can sometimes be great, but he bottles things up, gets stressed and has epileptic fits and/or narcolepsy. Looks like I'm going to be working full-time during the week then going home each weekend while she's going through chemo.

Can things just settle please?

So in the last few months:

• My granddad was told he has "weeks not months". Granted this was March but he is getting worse.
  • My mother's cancer has returned. Was initially told it was 9mm so about the same as last time and she had her op two weeks ago and her appointment today and they've now said its 21mm so they've referred it for a second opinion as to whether she needs chemo
  • My grandparent's dog also hasn't been given much time left
  • My stepfather lost his job after he had an accident at work (longish story)
  • My mother had to change her phone number after my little brother's baby mamma ex was getting her ~6 year old nephew to make abusive phone calls
  • My stepfather's brother also has cancer
  • My nan is wearing herself into the ground trying to look after my granddad (and he's refusing to go to a day hospice which isn't helping)

So looks like I'm going to do full-time for a while at work because I'm going to pay her rent for a month or two (she refused when I proposed it a little while back but tough, particularly now her husband has lost his job) and seems like I'm going to agree to the one year contract extension. I did kind of want to leave the country when this was up (August) and while some things may have settled down by that point I don't feel it would be right to up and leave at that point.

I just wish I didn't have to feel the need to be the support network. My little brother is a hot head who is too focused on his own self-inflicted miserable life and stoned off his face more often than not. My elder brother means well but he tries to fill every moment with incessant chatter and it becomes grating. My mother's husband can sometimes be great, but he bottles things up, gets stressed and has epileptic fits and/or narcolepsy. Looks like I'm going to be working full-time during the week then going home each weekend while she's going through chemo.

Can things just settle please?

That's really tough going. Sorry to hear that, dude.

*man hugs*

You probably did the right thing by deciding to stay in the country, however tempting it must have been.

I'm sorry to hear that it has been a rough few months for you @Ashley. :(

If you need to talk then just give me a shout, in any case I'll just keep up with the site stuff when I can to help out and take some of the workload off. : peace:

Sorry to hear all that @Ashley. You know where I am if you fancy a rant.

My bad news seems trivial now, but I came here to post it, so damn it, I will. My phone died. The back button has become overly sensitive, so just presses itself like it's possessed. Like multiple times per second. Makes doing anything impossible. I took it back to EE, as it was still under warranty, but it normally takes 2 weeks to repair and mine might take longer as it's an oldish phone (S6) and parts aren't made as much as newer phones.

They've given me a loaner phone, which is awful to the point that I haven't even bothered getting many of my usual apps for it. Battery life is good though, but that's probably because I refuse to use it. I'll just have to make do until mine is repaired.

Thanks guys. I'm doing okay (ignoring my emotions to focus on others which is a trait we share and criticise each other for obviously), just kind of wish things would stop happening.

In a weird way I'm glad I'm back in the job I'm now in (after leaving last February and returning to a similar but different job). It's easy enough and the annoying people are disliked by everyone so can share in that, but I've got some good friends there and I've always gotten on with my line manager and she's great at the pastoral care stuff.

Andy Cunningham, the creator of Bodger & Badger has died aged 67 after a battle with cancer. Had a profound influence on me growing up and informed my comic sensibilities from a young age. It was only yesterday that I was reading about the show thinking it would be great to see a comeback.

Been on the toilet all day with crippling IBS. Still getting pretty bad stomach pain. Looks like I'll be sleeping in my bathroom tonight >_<

Andy Cunningham, the creator of Bodger & Badger has died aged 67 after a battle with cancer. Had a profound influence on me growing up and informed my comic sensibilities from a young age. It was only yesterday that I was reading about the show thinking it would be great to see a comeback.

That's very sad. Mash-po-tay, Mash-po-tay, Mash-po-taaaaaaaay.