NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Try not to feel unsafe. Robbers like this are all about opportunity and sneakiness. They don't want to be caught, they don't want to be seen, they don't want a fight, and they won't come back now that they've already got away with it. Just keep your stuff somewhere safe, be glad you had money kept aside and enjoy the holiday :)

Shit happens, I got my wallet stolen in Italy and I was mostly gutted that the wallet itself was lost, and I was dumb and kept all my cards in the one place, at least you had the foresight to separate yours up.

Yeah it's a good thing I kept some of our other stuff hidden, but still gutted cause I thought we were being really cautious. The only door into the house is the one in plain view from us, yet we still didn't notice!

Still got one day left of our holiday tomorrow (which will mostly be spent cleaning the house and doing laundry), but will try and enjoy what is left of it!

I'm actually amazed at how they accomplished this. There are two ways in which you can get to the back of the house, one of which passes the front entrance, which was already locked and gated up. We were less than five metres away from the back entrance into the house and there were periods of time where either one or both of us were venturing back inside. It's not even like we were careless and left the entrances unattended, we were right there! It's crazy and pretty damn disgusting the lengths people will go to.

The more I learn about people, the more I dislike them.

Ah bloody cars! How you doing now?

I'm the same, been off for 2 weeks full pay, I get about 20-22 days a year. Tends to be a common theme for full time work I believe?

I'm fine now thankfully, hope you are on the mend too?

I think unless you're off with a major long term illness most jobs will just pay you your normal wage as the admin costs of giving you stat sick pay outweigh the savings.

Most half decent companies will pay you but I think a lot of retail places don't! The NHS pays 1 month full pay, 1 month half pay, for every year of service, up to a max of 6 months full/ 6 months half. But you get fucking skinned for being off, we have policies upon policies for sick leave (a bloody 80 odd page document) so it doesn't "pay" to take sick too often.

I was pulled in with bosses boss yesterday for my return to work interview.. Luckily he was nice enough about it. My voice still sounds like garb so he couldn't exactly argue :heh: And my glands are still huge. Bloody glandular fever I never seem to get away from it :shakehead

@Raining_again Today is the day I get the catheter removed, so fingers crossed I'll be in the good news thread later..

I guess the good thing for me is that my boss personally came to visit me the other day and saw my catheter/pills etc because he wanted to drop some stuff off and ask if I needed anything (I'm a bit house bound and he lives near). So they can't really argue I've not been ill...?

My manager hasn't been in contact with me at all, which is good because I can recover without being badgered on when I'm gonna return, but her and her fiance were genuine friends of mine. As in we've been good friends for 4 years and I haven't had one phone call or text to ask how I've been getting on or what have you. Kind of hurts a little. Even people I haven't spoken to in forever have contacted me and spoke to me on the phone.

I get the manager because we aren't as close but her fiance is actually a good mate and he hasn't bothered.

Oh well. I just need to focus on getting 100% and ready to tear asses up at the gym!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@Raining_again Today is the day I get the catheter removed, so fingers crossed I'll be in the good news thread later..

I guess the good thing for me is that my boss personally came to visit me the other day and saw my catheter/pills etc because he wanted to drop some stuff off and ask if I needed anything (I'm a bit house bound and he lives near). So they can't really argue I've not been ill...?

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yeah that is really good of them!:smile:

My Tumblr account was terminated because i made their terms of service my bitch.

If you account was terminated, they made you their bitch. Well ex-bitch if you're no longer allowed to post..

I've just had an anxiety attack at work. I've been really depressed lately due to work issues and fear of going back to being unemployed but its starting to affect me at home and in places with large groups of people now. I couldnt get myself to go into the staff meeting.

I have basically been forced into a job that I never wanted. I want to quit but I am petrified of going back to my old pathetic unemployed life. I am looking for work elsewhere but I cant just live like this while I hope someone will want to hire me.

Had my phone bill through from o2, it's higher than the agreed tariff of £30 a month (it's £48). I've not gone over my data, nor done anything to see a higher price.

As it was an upgrade, i took some enquiries to both o2 and Carphone Warehouse (took the deal with Carphone). Not surprised that both companies are blaming each other for the issue. o2 said Carphone are prone to charge 2 months up front for a contract (something i wasn't aware of), Carphone say it's either my fault or something to do with o2 charging more.

And also, i can't get through to my bank to discuss unlocking my online account so i can register my debit card. Been trying since Wednesday, and had no luck what-so-ever. Card has expired, so i've borrowed money from the Mrs until i can sort it.

I've just had an anxiety attack at work. I've been really depressed lately due to work issues and fear of going back to being unemployed but its starting to affect me at home and in places with large groups of people now. I couldnt get myself to go into the staff meeting.

I have basically been forced into a job that I never wanted. I want to quit but I am petrified of going back to my old pathetic unemployed life. I am looking for work elsewhere but I cant just live like this while I hope someone will want to hire me.

Is there anyone at work you can speak to about this? What are the chances you can find some part-time or lower responsibility work at the same place? I know they essentially forced you into this new role but if you explain it is having a detrimental affect on your health and you still wish to be there but can't do this role, do you think there is another route for you?

Whether or not you continue searching for work alongside that is up to you of course, but might ease the pressure you're feeling (and in turn the affect its having on your health).

To be honest I'm so down on the place and constantly angry with the people here that I wouldnt stay anyway.

I've managed to survive 2 and a half hours today so far without freaking out or killing anyone so thats something. Its the depression thats getting to me as its bleeding into my home life.

Is there anything specifically bad about the job itself, other than that you didn't choose it?

Yep, the woman I now work for is a nightmare and I was already struggling with my other boss so both of them is a mess.

Its not that I cant do the actual job, its that everything thats happened coupled with who I'm now working for (someone the Bursar herself recently said could never work with) and the fact that I feel completely shat on by the school has just left me so depressed that I have no energy to carry on. Its one of those situations where I know I should just carry on but I'm not sure how much longer I can.

My girlfriend broke her foot whilst ceilidh dancing at a wedding in Slovakia. Put a slight dampener on the holiday as our next destination, Prague, was spent in the hospital for a day and then hobbling about. We did a bus tour but not much else. Insurance were being a pain so we flew onto Rome as planned but spent less than 24 hours there as the walking was too much. We did a bus tour, walked to the Trevi Fountain then bus back to the hotel and booked flights home. Decided to risk it and hoped the insurance would come through (which it did eventually).

We're hoping that the insurance will pay out the full amount and will fund another trip to Rome next year.

She's broken her 5th metatarsal but as it's not too bad a break it's being treated as a sprain. 6 weeks rest required.

First world problems. I'm trying to cut the trees round the border of our garden and the battery went flat. Gotta wait til tomorrow to carry on. However it looks like it's going to rain...

Yep, the woman I now work for is a nightmare and I was already struggling with my other boss so both of them is a mess.

Its not that I cant do the actual job, its that everything thats happened coupled with who I'm now working for (someone the Bursar herself recently said could never work with) and the fact that I feel completely shat on by the school has just left me so depressed that I have no energy to carry on. Its one of those situations where I know I should just carry on but I'm not sure how much longer I can.

I'd say you really should talk to someone about this. You can feel yourself getting worse and not knowing how much longer you can go on, which translates to "I need to seek professional help right now". Do you have a therapist or anything of the like?

I posted in the pet thread... the kitty I was inches from adopting had to be put down today. A very severe infection that even healthy cats rarely come back from (I have an FIV cat family, its like human HIV so they cant fight infections etc) and the vet rang earlier today to break the news.

I have been in bits since, had to be sent home from work.

Have had too much to drink and its not helping me feel any better.....

:cry:

I posted in the pet thread... the kitty I was inches from adopting had to be put down today. A very severe infection that even healthy cats rarely come back from (I have an FIV cat family, its like human HIV so they cant fight infections etc) and the vet rang earlier today to break the news.

I have been in bits since, had to be sent home from work.

Have had too much to drink and its not helping me feel any better.....

:cry:

Really sorry to hear that Raining :hug:

Apparently the attic thought today would be the best day for its latch to break so came hope to that wide open and a hole in the wall it swung into.

More health issues...

So since the whole catheter shit I've had a really hard stomach, right around the lower abdomen and intestines. Originally I just decided to take some softeners and see how it went.

But three weeks later and I've still been having issues. Rang the doctor and got given Laxido. Three days on and my stomach is still as hard as ever but I'm having longer bowel movements.

Gah! When will this torture end.

I decided to switch banks last month from HSBC to TSB, basically i'd had enough of HSBC never answering their phones and randomly locking my online access to my account. They did compensate me for calling and apologised for not being able to get through. But by now i had enough, and switched. Put the switch through, all funds and direct debits switched over to TSB. Part of the process at the end involves closing my old account. All good, however had a text from HSBC saying my account is overdrawn.

Little bit confused, i try a call to HSBC. Get through in about 10 minutes, got my online number sorted but not the app*. I mentioned the text, was put on hold for 10 minutes whilst they figured out what i said. Was told i was overdrawn by £11 (£6 plus £5 a day charge). Tried to pay it, they couldn't take payment and i had to call TSB to make the payment to them. Little bit weird, but hey ho. Put the payment through to HSBC from my TSB account, the payment left my account but bounced back. Even more confused now, so thought it was time to contact the financial ombudsman about it. He asked for any letters i've had concerning the HSBC issue. Sent their response to my complaint.

However the other day i got a letter from TSB saying the switch was done and my HSBC account was closed. Have now sent this to the ombudsman too. So currently, as it stands i have an old HSBC account i can't make a payment to as it's bouncing any payments i make back. Which i'm assuming is because it's closed, but has an overdraft payment i can't clear.

*They said they'd call me back to sort it, they did. However i was on a train and not happy to discuss my finances in public.