NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Surely that's a good thing?

It is, the bad thing it took 3 hours to get through to the bank.

Anytime I notice a payment coming out of my bank I don't recognise I phone them, get through to the department then remember I bought something.

Who do you bank with? Bank of Scotland are always very quick.

Anytime I notice a payment coming out of my bank I don't recognise I phone them, get through to the department then remember I bought something.

Who do you bank with? Bank of Scotland are always very quick.

My granddad had a stroke last night. He's not expected to make it.

My granddad had a stroke last night. He's not expected to make it.

I'm really sorry to hear that @Cube :(

If you need someone to talk to, I'm here.

Grandad is still with us, I'll be going to see him tomorrow, likely for the last time.

Shootings in Munich...

I may as well stop reading news, it's always the fucking same.

I saw my granddad the other day. He was unconscious but peaceful. It was difficult seeing him like that, but I'm glad I did. He passed away earlier today.

I saw my granddad the other day. He was unconscious but peaceful. It was difficult seeing him like that, but I'm glad I did. He passed away earlier today.

I'm sorry to hear that Cube :( my condolences to you and your family.

I'm so sorry about your loss Cube. :(

It's good you still got to see him beforehand at least, to say goodbye.

*hugs*

Sorry to hear that @Cube

I'm just about ready to throow the towel in on my marriage. The only thing keeping me from walking out this minute is that we work together and her relationship wuith the upper management will see me get fired.

As soon as I have a new job nailed down, I'm gone. It's sad to say, but I never truly realized how terribly, horribly selfish this woman was until this year.

My birthday - she took me out for dinner, complained about the price so I paid part of the bill and she tried to give me a woman's Coach purse that she had generically picked up last year as one of the many random thoughtless gifts she uses to butter people up with. I apologised to her and said "it's a little too feminine for me" plus it was about 20cm x 10cm so there was no way to fit it in a pocket, so I might as well just carry around a bag. Also, and I can't emphsise this enough: This was something she picked out among about ten other things that were on sale that she intended to give t whoever, whenever. Zero thought. Her response was a day of ranting and raving at me and sh flat out said "I'm not buying anything else for you." Which I didn't expect anyway.

Fast forward to her birthday: I bought her some Swarovski earrings in the US when we were there. Her response? "I don't like them, and they're too cheap. I want to change them for something else. It's another $50." I said okay, and didn't even get a thank you. The she said "I want to go on a staycation to Suzhou" I said fine, but I have a limit of 1000 RMB (about 120GBP). She promptly booked something for exactly that much and said "Where's the money for food, entertainment and petrol for getting there?"

I ended up paying double the amount I had originally intended. Then on the day of her birthday she asked "Why aren't you spoiling me? It's my birthday."

I give up. I really do. Yesterday there was no food in the house (I give her "support" money every month which covers the mortgage and 90% of of our bills, in addition to paying all insurance, taxes car services) and I had an appointment with my GP for a prescription refill early on so I went out without breakfast (she had eaten the last of the food). Got to the GP, and by the time I was finished, the typhoon had hit. GP is a ten minute drive from our apartment or a 30 minute underground ride plus 15 minutes walk to the nearest station. Called her... could you pick me up? Nope, she's looking at cosmetics on the internet. I get soaked to the skin walking to the underground station where I get a really shitty sandwich and cup of coffee.

Now I have a cold. And the urge to divorce. She's been pestering me about helping her update her WeChat and Facebook statuses because she wants an English translation. When I said "Can you wait, I'm actually doing something work-related?" the response was "You don't care about me you only think about yourself. You should feel lucky to have me."

No. I don't.

Mate, you've been posting about how selfish your wife is for years. I can't believe you're still with her!

She does sound horrible though, and you deserve someone better.

@Iun I've said it before and I'll say it again, you deserve so much better. :(

I understand it's a difficul situation though, sometimes you don't find out what someone is really like or that things don't work out months or years later and by then you feel trapped.

By that point if its become an obligation to be with that person then that's not really a relationship, especially if they are so ungrateful and don't appreciate you anymore despite your efforts to at least try to love them.

Getting out of it sounds like the best thing you can do when you have the chance, easy for me to say I know and harder for you to do but you were there for me when my last relationship ended so I hope you know that I'm here for you now if you want to talk about it. :)

You're a nice guy Iun and I'm sure the rest of N-E will be happy to support you as well. : peace:

Also if you find yourself with a lot of free time when you decide to make that leap then you could always write some more articles for the site... and while this isn't the reason I'm doing this, I'd certainly welcome more editions of Miyamoto's Garden or anything you'd care to write for us. :D

Good luck Iun, dats some shitty stuff.

Find a women who will shower you with LEGO. Literally, if you're into that kind of thing.

Iun, not for the first time in your life you deserve better than what you have. However you have proven yourself to be a strong kickass person in the past and while there will be difficulties ahead I don't have any doubt you won't be able to come out the other side as that great person we know and love.

Basically:

i_believe_in_you.gif

@Iun You need to channel your inner Kevin Spacey during that dinner scene in American Beauty.

This will be cryptic.

Things have been good. But they're going to turn bad soon. Because I eventually want things to be great.