NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

So that's my bad stuff. First world problems with no broadband (although it's not the lack of internet that's bothering me tbh, it's just BT) but their incompetence is alarming!

I had very similar problems. I fixed it by getting some dodgy guy out to fix it himself. I had to pay for it but the problem is sorted. BT's customer service were useless, as we OpenReach in general.

I'll never use BT. Ever. Nothing but problems.

Unfortunatley unless you live in a Virgin area you don't have a choice but to use a BT phone line and OpenReach for any problems.

Having one of those days where I spiraled into crushing self-doubt about my own ability.

Fun times...

Having one of those days where I spiraled into crushing self-doubt about my own ability.

Fun times...

Chin up. You need that Kanye arrogance.

Chin up. You need that Kanye arrogance.

I often find if I'm listening to him while out and about my walk definitely picks up swagger.

Unfortunatley unless you live in a Virgin area you don't have a choice but to use a BT phone line and OpenReach for any problems.

That's why when I was looking at houses, the first thing I would do if I was interested was find out the postcode and put it into Virgin's website. That said, taking on an existing BT line and having it leased out to another provider is a long way from dealing with actual BT services. Their customer service is just horrendous and their engineer callout charges are an absolute ripoff.

Once you get the BT line though, it's been all good for me (that said, I know from previous experience their customer service is a bit shit). I wouldn't have overlooked my property through lack of Virgin service!

BT.... I'm moving house tomorrow so I told them this a month ago through the home moving process.

Told them to disconnect my current line today, which they did about 5 minutes after midnight. They're to connect up the new house tomorrow but it could be any time up to midnight. No doubt it takes them all day. I thought that disconnecting one and connecting another house on the same day would be too much for them to deal with.

Didn't think I'd be working from home today when I told them to cancel the services today so I'm now tethering all day. Hope my phone doesn't ring!

Yeah, if I could, I'd be all over Virgin. Wait, that sounds wrong. But ya get me.

But it just isn't offered for my area. Which is annoying, as a woman at work who lives like 20 minutes away has it.

An update to my BT saga though...

I called on Tuesday and went through the whole thing again with them.

They said the line wasn't showing any faults.

They did some line tests at home and they came back clear, so they escalated to a different team who would call us back later Tues or Weds.

I was off yesterday and in the morning, I got an email and text saying my broadband services were on and good to go.

Weird, I thought, as at the exact same time they called my partner who was also in the house and told him that they still didn't know why it wasn't working and somene would be in touch Friday with an update.

So I just chanced it. Turned it on, light went from green to blue (as it always did), then to orange :angry: then BACK TO BLUE! :bouncy:

Works a charm.

BT still think it's not working, morons. Gonna ring today to get me some compo.

Speeds seem good. I'm on the 40mbps tariff and my speed was 35mbps yest with upload of 4.4mbps which is much much better than the SKY broadband I had at my mum's. So I'm happy it's working.

Yeah, if I could, I'd be all over Virgin. Wait, that sounds wrong. But ya get me.

But it just isn't offered for my area. Which is annoying, as a woman at work who lives like 20 minutes away has it.

An update to my BT saga though...

I called on Tuesday and went through the whole thing again with them.

They said the line wasn't showing any faults.

They did some line tests at home and they came back clear, so they escalated to a different team who would call us back later Tues or Weds.

I was off yesterday and in the morning, I got an email and text saying my broadband services were on and good to go.

Weird, I thought, as at the exact same time they called my partner who was also in the house and told him that they still didn't know why it wasn't working and somene would be in touch Friday with an update.

So I just chanced it. Turned it on, light went from green to blue (as it always did), then to orange :angry: then BACK TO BLUE! :bouncy:

Works a charm.

BT still think it's not working, morons. Gonna ring today to get me some compo.

Speeds seem good. I'm on the 40mbps tariff and my speed was 35mbps yest with upload of 4.4mbps which is much much better than the SKY broadband I had at my mum's. So I'm happy it's working.

No doubt as they think it's broken an engineer will come out tomorrow and break it for you again.

Turns out BT was least of our worries...

On Sunday morning I was lay in bed trying to lie in, and could hear a buzzing like a bee or something, but it sounded like it was coming from the wall.

On Monday I got in from work and shit myself when I went to put my keys on the windowsill in the living room and a massive bee was sat on it looking at me.

Now anyone who knows me, knows my biggest phobia is bees and wasps. Whilst I'm aware bees are cool with what they do and we need em etc, they still scare me!

I found it odd we had a bee, as we haven't had windows open at all yet. Nor have we had the back / front door open for long enough to not notice one coming in.

Today, my boyf has been off sick and text me saying he shit himself as he went to draw the curtains in living room to block the low sun and there was a bee crawling up the curtain.

I got home from work and made tea, was in kitchen and a huge bee starts flying round the living room. That's when we knew something wasn't right.

2 more have since flown out from the fire, - previous owners had a gas fire which we're ripping out, meant to be this weekend, and they're seemingly in that wall which correlates to the sound I heard Sunday.

So we've gone back to parents for tonight. I'm so sad. :(

No idea what to do either? Council? Specific bee people?

Cover it up immediately, lots of bee stings can be fatal. Get onto your local pest control. (you might be able to find a local bee removal service if you search for it online)

Today, my boyf has been off sick and text me saying he shit himself

I don't know what it is about your posts but I keep reading partial sentences out of context.

Turns out BT was least of our worries...

On Sunday morning I was lay in bed trying to lie in, and could hear a buzzing like a bee or something, but it sounded like it was coming from the wall.

On Monday I got in from work and shit myself when I went to put my keys on the windowsill in the living room and a massive bee was sat on it looking at me.

Now anyone who knows me, knows my biggest phobia is bees and wasps. Whilst I'm aware bees are cool with what they do and we need em etc, they still scare me!

I found it odd we had a bee, as we haven't had windows open at all yet. Nor have we had the back / front door open for long enough to not notice one coming in.

Today, my boyf has been off sick and text me saying he shit himself as he went to draw the curtains in living room to block the low sun and there was a bee crawling up the curtain.

I got home from work and made tea, was in kitchen and a huge bee starts flying round the living room. That's when we knew something wasn't right.

2 more have since flown out from the fire, - previous owners had a gas fire which we're ripping out, meant to be this weekend, and they're seemingly in that wall which correlates to the sound I heard Sunday.

So we've gone back to parents for tonight. I'm so sad. :(

No idea what to do either? Council? Specific bee people?

Whatever you do please, please, please don't get someone to destroy the bees unless it is 100% necessary. They are so vital to the environment and the world would be a completely different place if they didn't exist. Their numbers are already decreasing rapidly so everything needs to be done to keep them safe.

Why bees are important.

No no, screw that. Kill all the bees.

Did you know that when a bee stings you, it dies on purpose, to make you feel bad? What a dick move.

j/k save the bees

Try reasoning with the bees, and maybe get them to move on their own terms.

Because it's nice to just cheer yourself up a bit in the bad stuff thread

Yeah you wanna try and do it ethically. If it was a wasps nest I would tell you to kill them all lol

Try reasoning with the bees, and maybe get them to move on their own terms.

Maybe make several racial slurs while near the hole and wait for them to move out in disgust?