NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Which receiver is it? - if you don't mind my asking - I'd imagine it must be costing you around £40 to post it each time even at flat-rate insured postage, possibly more... these receivers tend to be rather weighty, mine is on the bottom shelf of a plastic shelving unit - believe it or not - and it's what keeps the rest of it balanced, just as well as my PS4 and Xbox One are on the shelves above it; my Nintendo consoles and retro machines are kept on another stand naturally.

If you want me to capture screens for stuff in the meantime, let me know as I intend to get more into using my capture device, obviously I'm limited to the games which I own but I'll help if I can.

Also, that's some set-up! I can understand why you're so frustrated at not having the main component which brings is alltogether at your disposal, as I said before I really hope they get it sorted for you this time though, if they can't fix it then surely they owe you a brand new one instead if it's under guarantee?

It's a Yamaha Rx677. Lovely piece of kit... When it was working!

I can still capture stuff, but it's a PITA to do so now. I had it all set up nicely where I can just press the record button on my harmony remote at any time and it'll just start recording, but nope...

And 6 months after it last fell out, the same filling has just fallen out. Thankfully I saw it coming and have an appointment on Wednesday, but still.

This filling is lost every 6 months.

Or new teeth? :P

I feel your pain, I keep having the same issues with my teeth. If I had the money, I would have crowns fitted everywhere. Stupid teeth.

I went to the dentist yesterday and he told me I am cleaning my teeth really well and there are no issues. I felt great.

But this morning as I went to brush my teeth I was thinking "don't have to bother as much, if the dentist says my teeth are great, I can probably slack a bit more, and it'll be fine still." Fairly sure that's not what the dentist would have been going for though.

I went to the dentist yesterday and he told me I am cleaning my teeth really well and there are no issues. I felt great.

But this morning as I went to brush my teeth I was thinking "don't have to bother as much, if the dentist says my teeth are great, I can probably slack a bit more, and it'll be fine still." Fairly sure that's not what the dentist would have been going for though.

I think I must be one of those people who have naturally good teeth regardless of how well I brush them. Half the time I'll forget at night or just do a half-arsed measure, I've never once been told to floss and every time I go to the dentist I'm told they're perfect.

Either that or my dentist just thinks my teeth too far gone to even bother trying.

I was terrible at going to the dentist for years, probably didnt bother to go for 15-20 years. Went about 2 years ago when I got an infection and was told my teeth were amazingly good considering how little care I had taken for them. A year later I went from having a filling put in then having the tooth taken out altogether.

I should never have gone to the bloody dentist lol

So I had my wisdom tooth out yesterday.

Whilst awake.

I mean, I've had a lot of work done, so far in my life:

- I've now had 8 teeth out

- I've had braces

- My front tooth is fake

- I have wire bars on the back on my top and bottom front teeth.

I mean, I've had loads of things done, but fuck having wisdom teeth out whilst awake. I had two previously done whilst asleep so thought it couldn't be that bad...

Wrong. So, so wrong.

4 injections later, the dentist grabbed the tooth with some pliers and literally yanked it out whole. Hearing it try to snap itself while coming out of my mouth...yuck.

I mean within 10 minutes I was done. But nope. Nope. Nope.

Thankfully apart from some serious heavy bruising on the side of my face that isn't visible I'm fine, like before. But yeah no. I'll take the nap version next time.

Whilst awake.

- I've had braces

- My front tooth is fake

I mean, I've had loads of things done, but fuck having wisdom teeth out whilst awake. I had two previously done whilst asleep so thought it couldn't be that bad...

Wrong. So, so wrong.

4 injections later, the dentist grabbed the tooth with some pliers and literally yanked it out whole. Hearing it try to snap itself while coming out of my mouth...yuck.

Thankfully apart from some serious heavy bruising on the side of my face that isn't visible I'm fine, like before. But yeah no. I'll take the nap version next time.

Ouch! :(

I think the reason why they have to put you to sleep for some of your wisdom teeth though is because those are actually stuck to the bone or something, and can't just be pulled out. Or so I was told once.

I had all 4 of mine removed as a teenager, as they weren't coming through the gums properly and would cause infections otherwise. And they would push my other teeth around (not something you want after having had braces).

Ouch! :(

I think the reason why they have to put you to sleep for some of your wisdom teeth though is because those are actually stuck to the bone or something, and can't just be pulled out. Or so I was told once.

I had all 4 of mine removed as a teenager, as they weren't coming through the gums properly and would cause infections otherwise. And they would push my other teeth around (not something you want after having had braces).

I was given the option to be put to sleep, as I was with my other two (both not complicated either).

The issue with it was:

- £200 compared to £30.

- I had no one to drive me to and from, I'd be pretty loopy after

:(

I think I've had my wisdom teeth out. Wasn't that bad.

Might've been some other teeth though. T'was long ago.

I was given the option to be put to sleep, as I was with my other two (both not complicated either).

The issue with it was:

- £200 compared to £30.

- I had no one to drive me to and from, I'd be pretty loopy after

:(

Urgh, I can understand why you went with the cheaper option, that's a big price difference!

What part of your mouth was it nightwolf? Top or bottom?

I had my 2 top ones taken out a couple of years ago and I didn't encounter any problems, most painful part was the injection. But I went to the dentist yesterday to sort out a broken tooth on the bottom and they had to remove it, but it broke in half after a few minutes of work and the dentist couldn't get a good grip on the rest of it to pull it out. It took about 45 minutes overall, he almost had to call another dentist in but managed to get it out himself by cutting into my gum and opening it up a bit more. It was more annoying than anything and it feels really sore now, but not as bad as it did before I went in. It looks like a massacre has happened in my mouth though.

So maybe the bottom ones are more complicated to take out?

My Nan has been in hospital since the start of December with various issues. She was starting to get a bit better and stronger again last week but we were still warned that if she got an infection then that would most likely be it. Unfortunately I just got the call that she has indeed got an infection and it isnt looking good. My mum is calling her brother to see if he can come down so it sounds like she isnt expecting my Nan to get through this. :(

Looks like my uncle is on the way out. Heavy drinker, had part of his liver removed then he got stomach cancer that spread everywhere. Now that its in his brain he's pretty much as good as dead. We expect him to die a few days from now. He smmes to be taking the whole thing fine though, made arrangements and everything. His son keeps complaining though. "I have to do this, I have to do that, woe is me! woe is me! you'd think he'd be a little less of a blow hard since his dad is dying and all.

My Nan has been in hospital since the start of December with various issues. She was starting to get a bit better and stronger again last week but we were still warned that if she got an infection then that would most likely be it. Unfortunately I just got the call that she has indeed got an infection and it isnt looking good. My mum is calling her brother to see if he can come down so it sounds like she isnt expecting my Nan to get through this. :(

I'm sorry to hear about that, mate. Still, I know how hard it is, I really do, but try and stay optimistic in this difficult time. I wish your nan well!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

What part of your mouth was it nightwolf? Top or bottom?

I had my 2 top ones taken out a couple of years ago and I didn't encounter any problems, most painful part was the injection. But I went to the dentist yesterday to sort out a broken tooth on the bottom and they had to remove it, but it broke in half after a few minutes of work and the dentist couldn't get a good grip on the rest of it to pull it out. It took about 45 minutes overall, he almost had to call another dentist in but managed to get it out himself by cutting into my gum and opening it up a bit more. It was more annoying than anything and it feels really sore now, but not as bad as it did before I went in. It looks like a massacre has happened in my mouth though.

So maybe the bottom ones are more complicated to take out?

Ouch!

I'd honestly have no idea on the complication of top vs bottom teeth. I know that if they are empacted (growing at a slight angle) they can be painful to remove and need cutting away.

For me, it was the top one this time. I've had the bottom right and top right out now, whereas the bottom left has grown through and hasn't got any complications, so there's no need for it to come out.

I was fortunate enough to get away lightly - again. I had bruising all yesterday but now the bruising has centralised to very close to the tooth. My teeth surrounding it were very angry with me yesterday, but that's because the dentist had to pull the tooth out sideways because of the damage to the front of the tooth I'd caused.

Eurgh!

Whilst awake.

- I've had braces

- My front tooth is fake

Wrong. So, so wrong.

Wow... both my eye teeth, four wisdom teeth and a little weird-ass tooth growing UNDER a wisdom tooth were all done while I was conscious.

WHY WAS I NEVER GIVEN THE KNOCK-OUT OPTION?!

Getting my wisdom teeth out was torture. I had to get an operation as the bottom ones had come completely on their side. Surgeon had to cut my gums opens to get them out. Couldn't eat properly for a month and had to tweezer out food after every meal to stop it getting stuck in the hole where the teeth once where.

Time for a new dentist?

Or fewer fizzy drinks?

Or new teeth? :P

I feel your pain, I keep having the same issues with my teeth. If I had the money, I would have crowns fitted everywhere. Stupid teeth.

Damage was done when I was a teen. Didn't care about dental hygiene much (and we lost our dentist because my brother kept making us miss appointments) and drank 3+ litres of Coke a day. The damage is from there. The filling that keeps falling out was one that went over a root canal I had when I was 18 (that was when I realised I have to take better care) so it's not an issue with the tooth as the root canal is sound and there's no further decay on the tooth.

It's the most dominant tooth when I eat so that may be why it keeps doing this. At least it's in the one year period so I don't have to keep paying. It's just a pain in the arse to end up having a couple of days with a gaping hole in a molar every six months.

Looks like my uncle is on the way out. Heavy drinker, had part of his liver removed then he got stomach cancer that spread everywhere. Now that its in his brain he's pretty much as good as dead. We expect him to die a few days from now. He smmes to be taking the whole thing fine though, made arrangements and everything. His son keeps complaining though. "I have to do this, I have to do that, woe is me! woe is me! you'd think he'd be a little less of a blow hard since his dad is dying and all.

And less than a day later he's dead, creepy. He died at 4:30am this morning, not like he could live in the state he was in any longer anyway.

And less than a day later he's dead, creepy. He died at 4:30am this morning, not like he could live in the state he was in any longer anyway.

Sorry to hear that :(

Damn. My condolences :/

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle Martinist. :(

I'm very sorry for your loss, mate. If you ever need to talk, I'm right here. I truly mean it!