NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Having a very mixed week.

So I've been offered a dream job, only as a freelancer but I'm extremely happy about it. Just have to wait a while for all the details to work out, but that's fine.

However, the same day, one of the new people meant to be moving into my flat in two weeks had to pull out, so I've frantically been trying to fill the room before I go on holiday on Saturday. Will be fine, got some good sounding people coming to view, but is a stress that I could be doing without.

Amazon have been pissing me off too. Ordered a new camera lens to take to Cyprus, as I'm photographing my cousin's wedding out there. Selected local pickup, up to 2 business days. Ordered Tuesday. Estimated delivery next Monday. The tracking says it's in bloody Germany. That's not two business days. Went through about 5 live chat people before getting them to send me one out with Express Delivery, so it'll be here tomorrow, and knocked £15 off the price, with the original order refunded. Sorted, but wasted too much of my time.

Worst news this week. One of my best friends is suffering from bile duct cancer. Probably the worst kind you can get. I've spent quite a bit of time at the hospital with him in the last few weeks, things were looking quite hopeful - it was localised and they were going to remove half of his liver this week. They found another tumour in the supposedly healthy part he was going to keep. That's been removed, he's being moved back to Southampton soon for chemo, but that's for palliative reasons and it's unclear whether he'll be able to have the original tumour removed now he's had even more of his liver chopped off. Really scared for him, he's been one of my closest friends for almost 20 years :(

That's terrible, I really hope your friend is ok and makes a full recovery. :(

Friday I got caught in a shower that completely soaked me. I had my 3DS in my backpack, in sleep mode. It got wet and now it can't turn on. I tried taking out the battery and drying it but it didn't help. So it's probably dead. :( Can't do a system transfer if it can't turn on, unfortunately, so bye hundreds of hours of Shuffle and other games.

Friday I got caught in a shower that completely soaked me. I had my 3DS in my backpack, in sleep mode. It got wet and now it can't turn on. I tried taking out the battery and drying it but it didn't help. So it's probably dead. :( Can't do a system transfer if it can't turn on, unfortunately, so bye hundreds of hours of Shuffle and other games.

For a minute i thought you meant a bathroom shower, and i wondered how anybody could be so stupid as to get trapped in a shower fully clothed, by accident.

For a minute i thought you meant a bathroom shower, and i wondered how anybody could be so stupid as to get trapped in a shower fully clothed, by accident.

Heh, true. Perhaps 'cloudburst' would be the better term here.

Internet is down in my neighbourhood for last 3 days and might be continue until this Wed. I already reached the maximum level of boredom. :|

My work USB stick/drive/piece of shit died on me today. It started playing me up this morning and kept disconnecting every few minutes. I've got a few back-ups here and there and some stuff on the cloud/OneDrive. But, the main bulk of that stuff is on the stick. It's ruined my day, tbh. Been pissed off all day trying to fix it or access it or move things across when it decided it did want to work.

Tried to get Muse tickets, and they sold out after 2 minutes. Lame.

My trusty Sennheiser headphones are looking like they need replacement. The cable is coming apart and the pads have seen better days. The parts are available as spares, but at this point it would make more sense to replace the whole thing (especially given the minefield of fake parts). £90 though for a new set though, but I use them for everything and I don't want to get a cheap set.

#firstworldproblems

My trusty Sennheiser headphones are looking like they need replacement. The cable is coming apart and the pads have seen better days. The parts are available as spares, but at this point it would make more sense to replace the whole thing (especially given the minefield of fake parts). £90 though for a new set though, but I use them for everything and I don't want to get a cheap set.

#firstworldproblems

I would hands down always replace my Sennheisers, for £90 its really cheap imo. Shame they broke on you!

Tried to get Muse tickets, and they sold out after 2 minutes. Lame.

Sucka, I got some for Glasgow!

Although standing was sold out so I opted for the cheapest seats. I think that they limit the number of tickets available and sell them onto touts. There's no way they can all be sold out so quickly.

Well they may have had seated tickets, but I didn't want those. I went to a seated Muse gig once, and it wasn't the same.

You're probably right about the touts though. It's shitty beyond compare.

I would hands down always replace my Sennheisers, for £90 its really cheap imo. Shame they broke on you!

Oh, they still work perfectly. The ear pad bits are just falling to bits and the cable's outer sleeve bit is broken where it connects to the jack at the headphones end, exposing the individual wires inside. Because its the part of the wire that's normally supported by a thicker plastic part, the weight of the heavy coiled wire is now fully on the little wires inside.

I've been wanting to replace them for a while since they're very scruffy, but £90 is a lot of money, even if it is good value.

Why must Sennheiser spoil me so? It only makes it harder when they wear out.

My work USB stick/drive/piece of shit died on me today. It started playing me up this morning and kept disconnecting every few minutes. I've got a few back-ups here and there and some stuff on the cloud/OneDrive. But, the main bulk of that stuff is on the stick. It's ruined my day, tbh. Been pissed off all day trying to fix it or access it or move things across when it decided it did want to work.

My PC made me fear it had lost everything the other day and it reminded me I needed to back up. I THOUGHT THE CLOUD WAS SUPPOSED TO FIX THIS.

Oh, they still work perfectly. The ear pad bits are just falling to bits and the cable's outer sleeve bit is broken where it connects to the jack at the headphones end, exposing the individual wires inside. Because its the part of the wire that's normally supported by a thicker plastic part, the weight of the heavy coiled wire is now fully on the little wires inside.

I've been wanting to replace them for a while since they're very scruffy, but £90 is a lot of money, even if it is good value.

Why must Sennheiser spoil me so? It only makes it harder when they wear out.

Ah I see! Yes £90 is, though for a decent set of headphones its not as much. I adore using my Sennheisers at work. Perfect for blocking sound out.

Any botch job you could do to keep it together?

Had to return this piece of crap.

61igXBESyiL._SL1001_.jpg

I mainly wanted it for voice recording and even though it's a "Gaming Headphone Headset", I don't think I could game with it either. I've discovered I can record better quality on my phone.

Shoe decided to fall apart at work today. Walking around a school making a clip-clop noise like a horse is nice and embarrasing! Had to go down to the DIY place and buy some super glue.

Researching on the getting frame front. Contacting the two framers in the area, they've basically both given me quotes around the £85-95 mark. Fucking ripoffs.

It looks like I may have to buy a framed poster from Amazon which is cheaper and just throw away the poster it comes with.

Researching on the getting frame front. Contacting the two framers in the area, they've basically both given me quotes around the £85-95 mark. Fucking ripoffs.

It looks like I may have to buy a framed poster from Amazon which is cheaper and just throw away the poster it comes with.

Wouldn't happen with a high quality foamex print from Goafer Inc. Just sayin'.

Wouldn't happen with a high quality foamex print from Goafer Inc. Just sayin'.

I have little doubt that it would. However some of the posters have remained in my possession for some time. However long the first Zelda Symphony was.

I have little doubt that it would. However some of the posters have remained in my possession for some time. However long the first Zelda Symphony was.

Ah, fair enough. I still need to get my Broken Age backer poster framed at some point. No idea where it's going though, as the gaming room walls will all be taken up with high quality, durable, Goafer Inc foamex prints that look good in any environment!

I've been having a headache for the last week or two and I've been in and out of hospital twice, they've found some cancer deposits in my brain and they want to operate tomorrow. Obviously there's risks involved, but they're really small. Love you all. :heart:

I've been having a headache for the last week or two and I've been in and out of hospital twice, they've found some cancer deposits in my brain and they want to operate tomorrow. Obviously there's risks involved, but they're really small. Love you all. :heart:

Good luck with the operation. Hope.you recover quickly.

Hope everything goes ok with the operation, good luck tomorrow!