NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Decided last week that I should finally attend the Pokémon World Championships this year.

Turns out I won't be able to get a passport in time. FML

Can't you pay extra to get them done faster?

Yep, you can.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

Although even the regular way should get it to you by the end of the month if you applied now...

It'd be my first adult passport (never left the country before). Minimum of six weeks. Made a call this morning to double check and they said there was no way to speed it up :/

Up to you if you want to gamble, but last time I renewed they said it would be three weeks and it was a few days (if you discount the delay caused by the fact I forgot I had a middle name...long story).

Heh, speaking about passports, I sent off my application for a new ID card on May 21... I am still waiting for my new card. =P

Problem is I am going on holiday at the start of August, so they better hurry up, otherwise I can't travelllll. =(

How late can you book the pokemon thingy? Surely it's best to do the passport anyway and book it if it arrives in time. If it doesn't then you have a passport for future holidays/next years pokemon thingy.

Up to you if you want to gamble, but last time I renewed they said it would be three weeks and it was a few days (if you discount the delay caused by the fact I forgot I had a middle name...long story).

With the first passport, though, they want to do background checks, have an interview etc. :/

Took my brother two months to get his

How late can you book the pokemon thingy? Surely it's best to do the passport anyway and book it if it arrives in time. If it doesn't then you have a passport for future holidays/next years pokemon thingy.

That's the plan, though the later I book the more expensive it becomes.

Oh really? Wonder if that's just for adults or it's gotten more intense. I got my first one about 15 years ago.

Oh really? Wonder if that's just for adults or it's gotten more intense. I got my first one about 15 years ago.

It seems both, unfortunately :/

Ah well, I'd have gone alone which would have given me many social anxiety attacks anyway, going to try and get some friends to go with me next year :)

Going alone could be the better option. I tend to be more outgoing when I go on holiday alone and make new friends. But each person is different. OBVIOUSLY.

Yeah my mate was recently telling me he did his but he travels all over doing installations for work and got an unexpected job in china or some shiz so rang and they said they'd fast-track it if they could no charge etcetc and he got the new one a week and half later. Was really chuffed wuth himself for somehow working some magic.

I had to renew mine not long after - got it within a week :p

Ofc that was continuation of my first adult which was then continuation of my child one - not a lot to suspect with me.

'cept maybe the beard. And the skin.

Yeah my mate was recently telling me he did his but he travels all over doing installations for work and got an unexpected job in china or some shiz so rang and they said they'd fast-track it if they could no charge etcetc and he got the new one a week and half later. Was really chuffed wuth himself for somehow working some magic.

I had to renew mine not long after - got it within a week :p

Ofc that was continuation of my first adult which was then continuation of my child one - not a lot to suspect with me.

'cept maybe the beard. And the skin.

Yeah, difference is I've never had a passport. There's a difference between renewing and getting your first. They clearly think something is amiss when a 28 year old hasn't got one

I got an adult passport at 23 and it was a nightmare, you have to go for an interview to make sure you are who you say you are.... They asked me what my last bank statement was, who the person was that signed my photo, my parents DOB's oh and asked me to list my direct debits from my account. o____o

I'm confused about the pun... lol

My throat feels like its on fire :(

Welcome back Raining! Sorry to hear about the tonsillitis!

We need to start up a Minecraft server again, I'm sure that would clear it right up! :p

MINECRAFT 10char

I feel so awful.... anyone got sterile scissors and wants a go at my tonsils? Its been a week now!!!! :-(

I'm 30 and I don't have a passport. :blank:

*shrugs*

Perhaps this should be in the "Things you never get round to" thread. :heh:

I'm confused about the pun... lol

At Jim/Eenuh's it was raining...again.

Had a glass of champagne and then dropped my phone, cracking the corner of the screen. This is why we can't have nice things!

Still works, but going to try and find something to encase it tomorrow and hopefully get a new phone soon.

Ended up staying in A&E overnight last night.

Painkillers, IV drips, 3 courses of IV antibiotics, blood tests, and a lovely sudden onset fever which left me sweating all night..... exactly what you want to be doing on a Friday night. :(

I'm starting to feel better though :)

Taking an online course about web development and it came with some hosting and my interpretation is you put in whatever username you want and it would give you some space on their site with that username, so I just chose the standard one I use for everything including my personal website.

Just found out it used my website and cleared it all out. I can't seem to find a recent backup on my old computer (can only find an old design) so it seems like it's all gone...

Last 15 months have been by far the hardest of my life, and I've been really struggling the past few days. I dunno, I think I'm depressed or something. Hopefully I feel better the next few days.

Long story short. I was diagnosed with bone and lung cancer April last year. Since then I've had months of chemo and had my right leg amputated above the knee. Past month I've had two ops, one on each lung to remove as much of it as possible. I've been in hospital for the last 10 days and it's just really got to me recently. I just can't stop myself thinking that it might not be ok.