NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Some fucker stole my bike last night. Urgh.

What a shit.

Insured? Even if it is, paying the excess is something that you could do without.

I had my bike stolen from my garage last summer and felt all sorts of violated. I slept with a hammer by the side of my bed for a few weeks. Sometimes my wife would find me at night, in a dark room, hammer in hand, watching the garden and garage, through a crack in the curtains.

I think I'm over it now.

No, not insured. And to be honest, I expected it to happen at some point. I had to store it locked to a fence in front of my flat. When it hadn't been stolen after the first year, I thought it was ok. I don't get who would even want to steal it, it can't have been worth £50!

Oh well. Got a police number, but I need to buy another one as soon as possible, so even if they find it eventually it will be too late.

No, not insured. And to be honest, I expected it to happen at some point. I had to store it locked to a fence in front of my flat. When it hadn't been stolen after the first year, I thought it was ok. I don't get who would even want to steal it, it can't have been worth £50!

Oh well. Got a police number, but I need to buy another one as soon as possible, so even if they find it eventually it will be too late.

Apparently I am insured on my home insurance!

Made a claim, and the new one is being delivered on Wednesday! Pretty good going!

Just have to use the bus in the meantime, which is lame, and why this remains in the Bad Stuff thread.

I got a letter saying to see my GP regarding a recent blood test. Google suggests I shouldn't be too worried, it's standard procedure when some value is a little higher or lower than usual. But it's pretty unsettling to receive such a letter on a Saturday, when the surgery is closed, and the earliest appointment I can make online is first thing Wednesday morning. Not something I'm going to enjoy mulling over in my head for the next five days.

What were you taking the blood test for in the first place?

Fatigue and other sleep issues, which thought might've been related to some medication I'm on. Anyway all's well, not dying, a non-serious deficiency explains my tiredness. Got lots of tablets. Gave feedback to clinic about their dramatic letters :heh:

Just had an amazing 2 week holiday to the Dominican Republic with my girlfriend. Such an amazing time.

We got home yesterday at around 9:30am and I had to work all day. Never been so tired in my life. Back in the office today for the first time, not going well so far...

Fatigue and other sleep issues, which thought might've been related to some medication I'm on. Anyway all's well, not dying, a non-serious deficiency explains my tiredness. Got lots of tablets. Gave feedback to clinic about their dramatic letters :heh:

I can remember I once phoned up for test results from the GUM. I was not worried until the automated message left HIV until the very end. COME ON!

My girlfriend's roommate is annoying the fuck out of me (and out of my SO)...

They threw a party yesterday. The last guests left around 5 in the morning and then my girlfriend, a mate and me cleaned most of the kitchen, the bathroom and my girlfriend's room that was used as the beer pong room. That took a little more than 1 hour.

The roommate in question went to sleep at 2 o'clock, slept until 3 pm only had to clean a bit while my lady and I chilled in bed and she still got upset. She complained that she "had to clean up all by herself".

Oh and that complaint? A text message to my SO. :blank::indeed:

My girlfriend is thinking about moving out. She's already looking for a nice one-room flat. I really hope she finds one soon...

What an a-hole.

If she had complained yesterday, while I was still there...I would've called her that. And I probably would've gotten a little loud with her. :blank:

What I forgot to post: I took a lot of photos yesterday. I wanted to do that for only the first one or two hours because I knew I was getting wasted and didn't want to risk destroying my camera.

Well...I took photos right until the last minute :laughing: I was so fucking drunk the last 150 photos are a blurry mess.

Here's the "best" part: I wanted to take a photo of two people who were leaving. They went down the stairs and I ran after them...camera in hand.

And what happened next? Drahkon tripped and fell down a complete flight of stairs. I have bruises on my arms, on my legs, on my back, my ass hurts like hell...it could've been a lot worse. I mean...I fell down 20 steps.

And the camera? Nothing. Not even the tiniest of scratches :laughing:

Oh, and I didn't take the picture of the two...:indeed:

We live in a ground floor flat (on dat poverty time) and there is what can only be described as a monsoon on our doorstep right now. We live pretty much in the Bournemouth Upper Gardens. There is a shiiiit ton of rain falling from the sky that is cascading down our steps onto our level and overflowing our front garden. There's rain and water coming from everywhere. I've never seen this much rain or water in one place in all of my life.

It's fucking horrific out there. Ine has disconnected all of the plugs (except the plug to the internet, lawl) so the house is in darkness except for candles. No romance happening here.

(I also can't play The Witcher 3...fuark dis)

Seriously worried we're going to get flooded.

We live in a ground floor flat (on dat poverty time) and there is what can only be described as a monsoon on our doorstep right now. We live pretty much in the Bournemouth Upper Gardens. There is a shiiiit ton of rain falling from the sky that is cascading down our steps onto our level and overflowing our front garden. There's rain and water coming from everywhere. I've never seen this much rain or water in one place in all of my life.

It's fucking horrific out there. Ine has disconnected all of the plugs (except the plug to the internet, lawl) so the house is in darkness except for candles. No romance happening here.

Call the Floodline for some advice. It's a 24 hour line. Number is 0345 988 1188

Also have a read at this: http://www.nationalfloodforum.org.uk/about-to-be-flooded/

It's all pretty scary. I remember when Sheffield got flooded, it wasn't a very nice experience at all. I was at work and had to swim across the road.

Call the Floodline for some advice. It's a 24 hour line. Number is 0345 988 1188

Also have a read at this: http://www.nationalfloodforum.org.uk/about-to-be-flooded/

It's all pretty scary. I remember when Sheffield got flooded, it wasn't a very nice experience at all. I was at work and had to swim across the road.

Cheers, braaah.

The rain has eased off now, but the garden outside is now a swimming pool. We've been to the bottom of our garden and have looked at the upper gardens themselves. It's turned into a river. :blank:

It was really really bad here! Our flat is below the street level, and the water was (and still is) coming down from the staircases outside as massive waterfalls. There is a drainpipe on a level above us and water is just shooting out from it like crazy...

I just went out into the Upper Gardens/park and what was once a tiny stream has completely turned into a river and reached the edge of the park (which is right outside our garden). This is quite scary and I hope it doesn't rise any further.

I have picked up stuff from the floor just in case, but urghhhh, if we ever move, we are moving to the top of a hill somewhere!

We've got a really eerie storm here. The sky is lighting up like crazy, but there's no sound. No thunder or rain, just lightning. It's creepy.

Same here. Torrential rain and lightning flashes, but no thunder. Pretty creepy.

Just had a filling fall out.

The same one that has fallen out 3 times the past year. No idea why...all my others are fine.

Knew it was going to happen so made an appointment earlier this week, but the earliest they could do is the 13th. Guess I'll have to call again on Monday to try and expedite.

Cheers, braaah.

The rain has eased off now, but the garden outside is now a swimming pool. We've been to the bottom of our garden and have looked at the upper gardens themselves. It's turned into a river. :blank:

We had that shit last night. Luckily I was working nights so it didn't keep me up, but made for an entertaining break as we could see the flat roof slowly fill up with water, threatening to flood the generator (has happened before apparently) and every emergency exit start leaking.

Hi folks, been a while lol :bouncy:

Don't know, seems you were round Jim and Ine's the other night...

You post saying you're back in the bad stuff thread?

Is this place that bad? :p

You post saying you're back in the bad stuff thread?

Is this place that bad? :p

Let's face it, we checked in but we can never leave...

Hi folks, been a while lol :bouncy:

I have a really bad case of tonsillitis =(

Welcome back Raining! Sorry to hear about the tonsillitis!

We need to start up a Minecraft server again, I'm sure that would clear it right up! :p

Don't know, seems you were round Jim and Ine's the other night...

This might be the worst pun this forum has ever seen.

And that includes the ill-fated pun thread.

This might be the worst pun this forum has ever seen.

And that includes the ill-fated pun thread.

Don't get catty about my mad pun skills.

giphy.gif