NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

You're the best. This is so up my alley.

Aww, you guys! Shucks! A miraculous u-turn happened today. The regional manager came in today and I was speaking to him as usual. Me and him get along very well, he talks to me with respect, asks how I am and whatnot. Anyway, he inspects stuff, speaks to the management team and pisses off.

"Hey" my manager says, smiling at me.

"Err....hi?" I say, weirded out.

"So I saw you talking to the regional..."

At this point internally, I was smiling. Instantly, I know she's creeping to see if I dished any dirt.

"Yeah, we get along well" I smile.

She giggles (weird) and says "That's great...what did you both talk about?"

"Oh...you know...this and that...I'm sure he's told you..." I smile.

She laughs a little hesitantly and walks off. She spent her time today being nice to me until the end of her shift. I wonder why...:indeed:

Thanks dude :)

I'm heading over there tomorrow to see him and my gran. It's going to be a rubbish weekend..

Aww, well you have my thoughts and just remember we are here for you! :)

I hit rock bottom earlier today, thought I was doing fine just lately too but man, I haven't felt this low in years. Literally felt like someone had died... I was brushing my teeth earlier when I suddenly just happened to think about all of the shit that's going wrong, and when I realised work is just tip of the iceberg (though is what pushed me too far today I think) it worried me even more. When I actually stop and think about it, I'm just so fucked in so many ways and it's made even worse that I find it hard to talk to anyone about it, for some reason, this thread is one of the few places I can let off a bit of steam.

But yeah, it was worrying, a mini-breakdown of sorts, just couldn't control myself and was uncontrollably crying, locked myself in my old room and was just on the floor trying to breathe, wasn't sure if I'd be able to bring myself to come out. I've gotta leave for work in 20 mins or so, so I'm just trying to get myself back to normal. I literally felt like I almost lost my mind an hour ago.

It's at this point that I'm starting to think I can't just shrug it off anymore, I've been down and stuff for a good while now but it's never took me over like that, I couldn't think straight.

So yeah, just gonna try and work through today and then I've really gotta stop brushing stuff under the rug. Before it kinda felt like I was a float, I'd keep being dragged under but somehow bounced my way back to the surface again, but now it feels more like... I'm on a slippery hill and just can't get a footing. And there's like a big shark at the bottom or something.

Good idea.

It's so easy to get to that point and I think most people on N-E seem to have gotten to where you are. It's all about one step at a time. Tackle the biggest worry first, then sort out the next and the next.

It will be far easier. Good luck, it's a right fucking ball ache right now, but you can change things and it will get better if you want it too. :hug:

I'm channeling Shaniquanisha again! Oh Lordy, these ghetto souls won't leave me be! MMMMMMMMHMMMM!

black-woman-attitude_4523.jpg

@Josh64, I'm so sorry this is happening to you but don't make the mistake I do and let work get you down. I know that you mentioned that it's not just work but I've learned this week that work are arseholes and the reason they're arseholes to you is because they recognise that you're a boss-ass man-diva and they try to bring you down, whether it's the staff or customers. Yeah, it seems that sometimes they're succeeding but by going there and showing them they haven't got to you, you're winning and you're in total control. Just remember that jobs come and go but it's you that's important. Don't let bitches stress you and depress you, turn that frown upside down and just be a clown in Chinatown, Charlie Brown!

Just try and remember how much of a boss you are and when you're feeling down, just remember that you beat me at Just Dance 2014 on a song called 'Just Dance'...you are the only person to have ever beat me at that game! That is a fucking accomplishment in itself, dude! I mean, I'm a bad-ass muuuhfucka at that game so to beat me, that takes some man-diva skills, man!

I hope you're better tonight and tomorrow. Just remember that you're awesome and we're here if you want to let off some steam. :)

So Friday morning at 3:30am my girlfriends Dad drove us to Gatwick airport so we could go on our holiday to Lanzarote for a week.

Had it booked for about a month, I'm not really a holiday person but it meant a lot to my girlfriend so, of course, we planned it and in the end I was really looking forward to it and going in my first holiday abroad since 2008!

Driving along, see some signs to slow down to 40, then to 30, then BANG! Some idiot had his car on 70mph cruise control, can't even have been looking at the road and without breaking ploughed right into the back of us. Me and the GF were sat in the back so her dad was fine, she suffered concussion and was sick quite a few times, I'm fine apart from excruciating pain in my back across my shoulder blades, whiplash the Dr said.

The car is a write off, we missed our holiday, but the worst thing is I can't close my eyes without being back in the car when we were hit, seeing the chaos, hearing my GF screaming and, I know this sounds melodramatic, but the force it hit us with I was convinced it was a lorry/bus of some sort, and that for maybe 2 seconds I thought we were was about to die. It was like something out of a film, you just can't prepare for it and considering I'm usually the first to laugh or brush things off, this seems to have shaken me quite badly.

Certainly don't feel like getting in a car again any time soon!

Oh my God, that's awful! I'm sorry that happened to you, your girlfriend and your girlfriend's dad and I hope you're all feeling better soon! Some people just should not be on the road full-stop! What a douchebag!

Jesus christ that's horrible. I hope the idiot who hit you broke their nose and gets their license shredded & burned.

He walked over to us asking if we were ok, didn't seem to have a scratch on him the bastard! I didn't see the state of his car as he ended up in front of us but I really got the feeling he would have driven off had his car not taken a big Bang too.

Apparently he admitted the entire thing was his fault (which it was) and the officer said he'll get some points and have to go on a driver safety course...I'll happily tell him where he went wrong!! Still, as annoying as it is I'm now back home unable to move properly and with a really messed up back instead of on a beach, I'd take this, knowing everyone is ok, than anything far more serious :)

You're handling that very well. It sounds terrible. Hope you all feel better soon and can somehow get back on a beach sometime in the near future.

I'm having the worst day.

Horrible nightmares last night, combined with sleep paralysis that occurs more and more frequently. My head feels like it's going to explode. Couldn't concentrate during the lectures, and I have one ahead of me. :(

And apparently some of my friends are slowly excluding me from their little group.

Great start to what was supposed to be a rather nice and relaxed week.

That sucks @drahkon, I've heard that sleep paralysis can be quite traumatic at times but I can't really offer any advice having not really experienced it myself.

Just do your best in your lectures.

As for your 'friends' it doesn't seem to me that they are living up to their supposed status so the simple answer would be to forget about them, it's their loss... : peace:

...but then I don't know for instance how long you've known them etc so maybe just see what happens, concentrate on other stuff instead. ::shrug:

---------------------------------------------------------

Having said all of that I always feel so awkward and unqualified to be giving out advice, especially as my own life always seems to be so much of a mess... It's going 'OK' at the moment but I can't help but pre-empt things going wrong again soon. :(

It's usually only a matter of time... :indeed:

...but I will try to stay positive in any case. :)

Remember that it may just be you perceiving them excluding you when actually they are doing nothing of the sort. It may just be paranoia.

I'm having the worst day.

Horrible nightmares last night, combined with sleep paralysis that occurs more and more frequently. My head feels like it's going to explode. Couldn't concentrate during the lectures, and I have one ahead of me. :(

And apparently some of my friends are slowly excluding me from their little group.

Great start to what was supposed to be a rather nice and relaxed week.

Oh dear, let's see what we can do to turn this around into a positive...

Your dry spell is over and the curse that was placed upon you by The Wicked Witch of Sexual Abstinence has broken! Huzzah motherfucker!

Okay, if that didn't cheer you up, what I would say would be to take a day off to relax and do the things you want to do. Do things that make you happy and think of yourself. Relax in your house watching trash TV in your grundies eating junk food for a day. Just let your quiff back and breathe! You'll probably find that it's stress due to this lecture. Just go in there and do your best and whatever happens, as long as you know you did your best, that's something to always be proud of!

As for your friends, screw them! I mean, as Dr. Bob said, if it feels like they are, it doesn't necessarily mean that that is what's happening. However, if you know they are, screw them! I was friends with a group of lads for over seven years and in the end, they treated me like shit, lied to me, insulted me and bitched about me. In the end, I was like "I'm embarrassed to even know such disrespectful people" and left them. The advice I give to you is that if you know for sure they're excluding you and treating you this way out of malice, don't trust them and ditch them. They can't be called friends in the first place and they're not worth hanging around if they make you feel this bad. Anyway, what makes them so damn special to try and exclude you? If anything, they should be fucking lucky you're gracing your presence around them because you're an awesome motherfucker with a bad-ass quiff and killer style...and you totally got laid! If anything, they're probably jealous that you got the V...and I don't mean King_V either! : peace:

That sucks @drahkon, I've heard that sleep paralysis can be quite traumatic at times but I can't really offer any advice having not really experienced it myself.

Just do your best in your lectures.

As for your 'friends' it doesn't seem to me that they are living up to their supposed status so the simple answer would be to forget about them, it's their loss... : peace:

...but then I don't know for instance how long you've known them etc so maybe just see what happens, concentrate on other stuff instead. ::shrug:

---------------------------------------------------------

Having said all of that I always feel so awkward and unqualified to be giving out advice, especially as my own life always seems to be so much of a mess... It's going 'OK' at the moment but I can't help but pre-empt things going wrong again soon. :(

It's usually only a matter of time... :indeed:

...but I will try to stay positive in any case. :)

Good man! Negative thoughts bring negativity! Positive thoughts bring positivity! No matter how much negativity is in your life, tell it to suck your balls and twat it one with positive energy! :D

Remember that it may just be you perceiving them excluding you when actually they are doing nothing of the sort. It may just be paranoia.

Just to reiterate the above. I will also admit that i'm bad for it.

I love this place :D

@S\.C\.G Thanks guys :heart:

Yesterday and today I did the things I wanted...nah...needed to do after that bad day. Watched a couple of True Detective and Justified episodes, listened to badass music, worked out a bit, and last night that lady came over and we watched Big Fish, made out and she spent the night : peace:

Also: One of my roommates made Sushi. It was delicious.

This should be in the good stuff thread, but I needed to respond to people, so blergh :p

I hit rock bottom earlier today, thought I was doing fine just lately too but man, I haven't felt this low in years. Literally felt like someone had died... I was brushing my teeth earlier when I suddenly just happened to think about all of the shit that's going wrong, and when I realised work is just tip of the iceberg (though is what pushed me too far today I think) it worried me even more. When I actually stop and think about it, I'm just so fucked in so many ways and it's made even worse that I find it hard to talk to anyone about it, for some reason, this thread is one of the few places I can let off a bit of steam.

But yeah, it was worrying, a mini-breakdown of sorts, just couldn't control myself and was uncontrollably crying, locked myself in my old room and was just on the floor trying to breathe, wasn't sure if I'd be able to bring myself to come out. I've gotta leave for work in 20 mins or so, so I'm just trying to get myself back to normal. I literally felt like I almost lost my mind an hour ago.

It's at this point that I'm starting to think I can't just shrug it off anymore, I've been down and stuff for a good while now but it's never took me over like that, I couldn't think straight.

So yeah, just gonna try and work through today and then I've really gotta stop brushing stuff under the rug. Before it kinda felt like I was a float, I'd keep being dragged under but somehow bounced my way back to the surface again, but now it feels more like... I'm on a slippery hill and just can't get a footing. And there's like a big shark at the bottom or something.

Gosh I've been feeling the same way. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who feels like this. Feels better to vent it out.

I hate working in the mornings. I'm wondering if it's worth talking to a manager or supervisor about it. I work every tuesday evening and then mornings every other day I work. I'm doing a double shift on Satuday and only end up doing a afternoon when someone falls in sick. I always look forward to afternoon shifts but dread the mornings.

Sorry to hear you two are feeling down, hope the world seems a little sunnier and little easier soon.

@ChloboShoka You should, there's no harm in asking and if it will make you feel a lot better then it's worth a try!

And I just wanna thank you all so much for your messages over the last few days. I've always loved this place, but it has given me a new found appreciation over the past week!

It sounds crazy, but the way I was feeling, I really would have struggled to get through this week without you guys. You've all kept me sane and it's been nice knowing there's a place to come to where I can vent and not worry about being a burden!

When I win the EuroMillions you're all coming over to my (Luigi themed) mansion for a Just Dance party.

@ChloboShoka You should, there's no harm in asking and if it will make you feel a lot better then it's worth a try!

And I just wanna thank you all so much for your messages over the last few days. I've always loved this place, but it has given me a new found appreciation over the past week!

It sounds crazy, but the way I was feeling, I really would have struggled to get through this week without you guys. You've all kept me sane and it's been nice knowing there's a place to come to where I can vent and not worry about being a burden!

When I win the EuroMillions you're all coming over to my (Luigi themed) mansion for a Just Dance party.

5415803266_c4e73bf7f7_o.gif

I love the sound of that!

ZaEIC4C.jpg

In case you were still feeling low, pictures of pugs always cheer me up. Here is one in a life jacket (complete with pug carry handles)

Good to hear you're doing that little bit better already! Keep us updated - I'm sure it'll help!

D-day today - which in itself is sad of course.

But I'm finding my twitter feed filled with jokes about it. It makes me so mad and disgusted that I've removed people due to it.

I guess you're always going to get that with everything, but after going to the Somme and oradour-sur-glane in France, my parents going to that beach, I just couldn't bring myself to joke about it.

So many fucking lives gone and people are making jokes like its nothing. Bah. :(

Faith in humanity has gone fucking poof today.

This issue will probably seem like nothing to most peeps, but I just need to vent.

A rock/alternative club I go to regularly in Birmingham may be closing down. The owner of the club doesn't actually own the property, and someone bought it out of the blue the other day, and he only found out Thursday. The club is closed for the weekend, and he's going to a meeting early next week to find out it's fate. The thing is, to me, and many people there, this place is more than just a club, it's a home. We're a family! I've had a ton of absolutely amazing times, and I've made absolutely incredible friends there, it'll be devastating to see it go. It really is the only one of it's kind too, there's honestly nowhere else like it. Even people that have visited from across the country say it's the friendliest place they've ever been to!

On the bright side of this, it could go either way, so the meeting could be a huge success, and the club could stay open. Also, this isn't the first time it's moved. About 8 years ago, the original club burnt down, but the owner (who is same guy who runs it now) managed to find this new venue, so there's no doubt it'll return in the future. Just how long would that take though? I really can't lose this place again, I just can't... :(