NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

:( Sorry to hear it Flink. I wish you and your family all the best in this rough time. xxxx

Shit, Flink. Really sorry to hear it.

If there's anything any of us can do, don't hesitate to ask.

Sory to hear about that Flink. Manliest of hugs, with a little bit of homo if it will help at all.

Shit Flink I am super sorry to hear that :( I can only imagine how awful it is for yoooooooooooou right now.

giphy.gif

FLinkenstein, I know what you're going through. So sorry for your loss.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. We held his funeral today. We've had lots of visitors and he had a lot of people who turned up today to say goodbye. Tiring and emotional.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. We held his funeral today. We've had lots of visitors and he had a lot of people who turned up today to say goodbye. Tiring and emotional.

I'm glad the funeral went well and sorry to hear about your loss. :hug:

Also just seen Avril Lavigne's new music video for her song Hello Kitty. I'm both appalled and freaked out.

Edited by ChloboShoka

I know this won't help and you may have heard it thousands of times but I am deeply sorry for your loss. It may not be of much use but if you want to talk to a total stranger on the net, I'm here for you :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-27183945

To give an impression of just how close this is to me, that silver corsa at the start is my car, I had to ask the police to let me out.

I didn't know them but... damn... don't know how the family is going to cope with that. So unsettling. The house is just completely burned out.

Edited by Shorty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-27183945

To give an impression of just how close this is to me, that silver corsa at the start is my car, I had to ask the police to let me out.

I didn't know them but... damn... don't know how the family is going to cope with that. So unsettling. The house is just completely burned out.

Wait you live near there?

I used to live there about 18 months ago on Pinner Road.

Edited by Shorty
taking out personal detail

Pinner Road is near Hunter's Bar right? This is closer to Abbeydale Rd, but yeah not far.

So I was in the hospital and a cardiologist has strapped a heart monitor on me for the next month or so since I've been having these palpitations and fibrilations for the past few years. b000h

Proper first world problem, but a CD I just bought has copy protection that prevents it from being played in my PC. The previous CDs I've bought that did this also didn't play in my car either, meaning that I've got a shiny coaster that will look great on my desk whilst I "acquire" it elsewhere.

Proper first world problem, but a CD I just bought has copy protection that prevents it from being played in my PC. The previous CDs I've bought that did this also didn't play in my car either, meaning that I've got a shiny coaster that will look great on my desk whilst I "acquire" it elsewhere.

It's as if record companies want you to illegaly download music. Absolute joke that you can't play a CD in 2 of the most common places to play it.

Whuuut, DRM that stops you playing a CD in a computer? Does your PC at least recognise the disk in My Computer so you can rip the tracks?

So I was in the hospital and a cardiologist has strapped a heart monitor on me for the next month or so since I've been having these palpitations and fibrilations for the past few years. b000h

Ack, I hope it at least gets to the route of the problem at last.

Are you putting it in upside down?

Whuuut, DRM that stops you playing a CD in a computer? Does your PC at least recognise the disk in My Computer so you can rip the tracks?

It recognizes the disc and will attempt to play it, but it's stuttery (to the point of being unlistenable) and ripping is painfully slow and results in stuttery MP3s.

I've had it before on a few other CDs. It's a right ball ache. Some CDs that don't play on the PC will play in my car, but a few won't play in either*. Turns out this one does, so it's not a complete loss. Annoying though.

*I'm looking at you The Doors. Even took it back for a new one to begin with, but the second one did it too.

Had a problem with a certain gaming retailer (of whom will be named as LAME) on Thursday/Friday of last week. Popped into the store on the Thursday to pick up a copy of Child of Light, happened to spot a few Deluxe Editions left over. So picked up a box for it, handed it over to the sales assistant (whom i need to add here, was the manager of the store). They faffed around looking for a code for some reason (made me think, why didn't they simply take a copy from the shelf and scan it). Printed out a receipt with a code on it, but before handing it over disappeared again. Came out with a Deluxe Edition, scanned it and printed another receipt out.

Asked me if i wanted to use my points for the purchase, i said yeah. So paid £8 for the game. Was handed the 2 reciepts only. I asked why wasn't i given the deluxe, was told it was a "pre-order only" version. Thought nothing of it and went home that evening after work. Checked the receipt i had once i got home and online to see how many points i had left. Found i lost all my points (all £7 of them). Not happy at this stage

Contacted Customer Services via the phone, and online chat. Both said the same thing when i asked about the points and my last purchase. They said my card had showed a "Deluxe Edition" was charged, but i was only given the standard edition. I did ask for a transcript of the call/chat of which it was sent to me via email. Also asked if the Deluxe was pre-order only, they informed me it was not. Took it, and the receipts to the store that evening. Explained the situation to the store staff, whom were quick to say i was sold the correct version as per the receipt. I asked them to check my last purchase via the reward card, they saw what i was already told earlier. I happened to ask if the Deluxe was pre-order only, they said it was. I showed them the transcript. Along with that, and the proof i paid for a Deluxe on my card, they clearly were in the wrong. Click here for the rest