NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Bloody SKY are mucking about with my internet bill and have increased it for the 3rd month in a row despite the fact I should be on a fixed price. Admittedly, this time it's only 45p as opposed to adding a fiver to it but it's a bloody disgrace. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the fact that the internet connection dropped 30 times (probably a bit more than that) over Saturday and Sunday while I was trying to do work.

Fucking chancers, I tell you. Gonna head to their little kiosk in the shopping centre near by and find out what the hell is going on. The original contract I signed with them included SKY+ tv with my internet and line rental at half price for the first 12 months but when they couldn't fit a dish for the tv (they were told on multiple occasions that my flat is in the roof space of the building) they bumped my bill up to £20, when it should've been half of that, without notifying me. And as I've said, they keep pushing it up further without any notification other than a text saying my bill will be X-amount this month, which surely breaks the terms of my contract with them if they didn't already with bumping me up after they couldn't sort out my TV.

A trivial thing, I know, but I'm bloody annoyed and things are going to be tight enough this month with Christmas and other things.

No.

Therein lies the issue. I like my house mate, she's a nice lady! But how do you go around and say that the pets she obviously cares about are being neglected? Well, that you believe they are.

I can imagine its going to either go well and she'll realise or its going to cause some massive disruption in the house and I just don't want to deal with that.

But then, I can't have the dogs being ignored. ::shrug:

Ahhh I think i read your posts incorrectly. I thought that you were getting annoyed that it is you who had begun to look after the pets.

Nevertheless I do think you need to tell her. Just ask her to take more responsibility to look after her pets and not just assume that you are there let them out etc

Not so much a bad thing but more annoying and pretty funny at the same time.

So I received a complaint from a customer because I asked someone if she was okay. Yeah, you read that correctly! Nothing more or less!

So I was tidying my department when I saw a couple of customers looking dumb-founded, like they didn't know what they were looking for so, doing my job, I approached them.

"Hello, is everything okay?"

All of a sudden, the woman turned to me and started to shout "STOP ASKING ME HOW I AM, YOU'RE IRRITATING!" then the husband guards her like I'm about to attack her and says "LEAVE HIM ALONE! HE'S NOT WORTH IT!" and she starts saying "Yeah but he's been irritating me! Why can't he leave us alone?!" and he says "I don't know, hopefully he got the message"

"Hang on, why are you talking about me like I'm not here?" I said.

Then she says "Come on, let's go and pay for our stuff! Get away from him! I can't believe he spoke to me!"

I got a bit mad and said "Woah! What's with your rude attitude? It's atrocious!"

So she goes down to the till and I continue tidying my department. Five minutes later, one of my colleagues ran to me and said that there was a woman bitching about me. So I went down to the till to hear what cock and bull story they were saying.

"He won't leave us alone to do our shopping, I came for some boots and he asked if I was okay"

"Then what happened?" asked my manager.

"...that was it" she said.

My manager shook his head. "So you're complaining because he's doing his job? Because he asked if you were alright?"

She looked horrified and her husband shook his head and stomped off at this point.

"Well, I'm glad he asked if you were okay, it shows he is doing his job" and he said a bunch of other stuff but then she cut him off and said "I'll be complaining to your manager about your behaviour"

So he said "I am the manager"

Then she replied "Then I'll be reporting to Head Office about that boy's behaviour!"

I stepped in and said "Love, I'm 23..."

"I was going to buy these boots but I won't anymore! Your behaviour is disgusting!" shot me a dirty look and started to stomp off so I replied "Yeah, asking how you are is abysmal. What's your idea of good customer service, being ignored and getting insulted?" so she said "I won't be coming here ever again!"

I said "Good! Nobody'll miss you nor your attitude problem!"

People laughed and asked if I were okay and some even said they've seen me here before and I've been nothing but nice to them. My manager said he'd back me up if shit hit the fan and I said "Thanks but how stupid will they sound anyway?" but he reckons they'll make something up.

Fair enough if they do something wrong but how can you complain about someone in the risk of them losing their job or cause them to get a warning? Quite low. I know I'll be alright though. I just REALLY hate retail sometimes...

Bloody SKY are mucking about with my internet bill and have increased it for the 3rd month in a row despite the fact I should be on a fixed price. Admittedly, this time it's only 45p as opposed to adding a fiver to it but it's a bloody disgrace. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the fact that the internet connection dropped 30 times (probably a bit more than that) over Saturday and Sunday while I was trying to do work.

Fucking chancers, I tell you. Gonna head to their little kiosk in the shopping centre near by and find out what the hell is going on. The original contract I signed with them included SKY+ tv with my internet and line rental at half price for the first 12 months but when they couldn't fit a dish for the tv (they were told on multiple occasions that my flat is in the roof space of the building) they bumped my bill up to £20, when it should've been half of that, without notifying me. And as I've said, they keep pushing it up further without any notification other than a text saying my bill will be X-amount this month, which surely breaks the terms of my contract with them if they didn't already with bumping me up after they couldn't sort out my TV.

A trivial thing, I know, but I'm bloody annoyed and things are going to be tight enough this month with Christmas and other things.

Bloody hate that with companies. Why can't fixed mean fixed, why has it got to rise. Didn't i read somewhere that phone companies have to now offer fixed price contracts to new customers from 2014?

They have to inform you of your bill raising otherwise you can walk out of the contract.

I know this because Virgin went to increase our bill a few months ago by a couple of quid and in fine print it said it.

I mean very fine print, stating that if we weren't happy yada yada..I would stomp right over and ask WTF is going on.

They have to inform you of your bill raising otherwise you can walk out of the contract.

I know this because Virgin went to increase our bill a few months ago by a couple of quid and in fine print it said it.

I mean very fine print, stating that if we weren't happy yada yada..I would stomp right over and ask WTF is going on.

Virgin have raised our price a few times recently. Annoying we have no other choice if we want Sky Sports as we can't get Sky and BT doesn't give you Sky Sports 3 or 4.

Fuuuuck. Today was more annoying rather than "bad". I was late getting into work today as they decided it would be an excellent decision to close off an entire lane on the dual carriageway to carry out "works".

When I say "works", what they were working on is anybody's guess. There were three guys taking a look at the central barrier and not laying a single fucking finger on it. Every few seconds they'd walk up to it, then walk away, then back again, etc. I swear they did it to rustle everybody's jimmies.

We had a 2 hour rehearsal for our Christmas production which was absolutely dire. The hall that we will be using to host the event is used for sports, therefore it has an uber high ceiling, solid flooring and the sound echoes and bounces everywhere. You can't hear the kids at all, the songs sound dreadful and it's just annoying as hell. We haven't even had a chance to do a proper rehearsal as the stage won't be going up til Thursday, as they still need the hall for PE lessons. Our show is FRIDAY. Fuuuuuuu.

I spent another lesson taking the kids outside and showing them how to project their voices. They weren't bad, in all honesty. But, it's such a time waster. Christmas is lovely, but you waaaaaste so much time on unnecessary shit.

To top it all, I've had a massive headache all day. We had a new kid come in for a taster day...totally pointless. Why do it a few days before shows when you know that all they'll be doing is rehearsing anyway?

Got a decision to make regarding my work. You all know i hate the job, and am looking for other work. Contract ends in March, and as it "ends" and the type of contract i am on, i can get a redundancy payment of 3x my wages (approx £4k) if i sit out the job until March 2014. Pretty easy decision, may just sit it out and get this pay-off if it happens.

Considering it will probably take that long to find a job, and even if it doesn't, throwing away ~£4k extra for 2-3 months of work, isn't really a decision at all in my books.

Why is this in the bad stuff thread?

Considering it will probably take that long to find a job, and even if it doesn't, throwing away ~£4k extra for 2-3 months of work, isn't really a decision at all in my books.

Why is this in the bad stuff thread?

Yeah, take the money and run. You have 3 months to find a job (and can probably get job seekers as well - not exactly sure how that works). Plenty of time, beast your CV, applying for jobs is your full time job.

Think you're potentially shot yourself in the foot here if you stay.

I'm beginning to wonder, you hate your job, you're getting paid to leave it...I don't..even.

Work have managed to screw up and not pay me again. An hour later they agree to process a manual payment again that should be with me later today.

I don't know what's so difficult about it but they constantly mess up.

Ummm yeah so there's a MASSIVE fire going on over the other side of Banbury near where I work :/

1499691_10152054929535272_235974423_n.jpg

1471939_10152112932502125_942269882_n.jpg

The smoke was coming from behind Maplin when I was there. Currently you can see the smoke from where I am (about 5 miles away).

Random trivia: The fire started at the same building that I took This Photo.

Looking like it's going to take out some of the retail park then :-(

Ba1jSM1IcAAsxZW.jpg

Apparently Hanwell Fields is being evacuated at the moment because of the threat of gas canisters going up.

Looking like it's going to take out some of the retail park then :-(

I wouldn't be so sure. Could go either way, but it sounds optimistic:

At this stage we have managed to contain the fire and prevent it spreading further, but we are obviously concerned about the presence of gas cylinders which can become very volatile when heated.

From Here.

Allow me to indulge myself. I know none of these individual things are that bad, but the combination is just making me feel like crap lately.

My friends all seem to have vanished off the face of the earth, having left their phones somewhere on the way. The last time I was due to meet any of them (last week) I had to cancel as I was ill.

My love life is still a joke.

My mother's marriage is straining because of her husband's mental health issues and I just feel bad for her/am worried about her.

My grandfather is going through an intense period of chemo whereby he's only got Christmas Day and Boxing Day 'off' (as of about two weeks ago and until Jan 3rd) and obviously worried for him, but also my nan as she'll be wearing herself thin.

Going back to work full-time come January which just feels like I've failed. I know I haven't, but can't shake the feeling.

@Ashley

Are they just not responding to you at all? Were you in touch with them regularly before? Also sorry to hear about your Grandad.

Edited by Blade

Dude, Ashley's feeling bad enough without you jeering at him.

Some little shits have spat on my car for the second time in 10 days.

First time I saw some kids sitting on a wall near my car. Took it as them, bored idiots, washed it off moved on. Today, see same cunts nowhere near my car. One shouts "Tottenham" at me and my brother (who was wearing an Arsenal jacket). I come home to find my car covered in spit again. Now I'm putting 2 and 2 together here, my car has an Arsenal tax disc holder. So I'm guessing that's the reason they feel the need to spit on my car. But if I catch them at it, god help 'em.

I guess it could be worse, letting the tyres down or actually damaging the motor. But fuck me, the childishness of it and disgustingness is beyond me.