NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

This argument/discussion won't go anywhere. Let's just leave it. We'll discuss behaviour on the moderator board.

Got really excited about going for a chat about a legal secretaries diploma today at local college. Whilst they were checking to see if the course was right for me, I revealed to them I had an AS Lebel and A Lebel in law as well as me OI qualification. Apparantly this made me over qualified for this course because the level of law learning was level 2 and I'm at level 3. It wasn't really the "getting bored" I was bothered with, it was the fact that I could get some proper office experience which would naturally extend beyond just Word skills as there will be specific programs for us to use, as all positions out there require experience with all this shit... Coupled with the fact that the times weren't that great for me (I'd miss a portion of the lessons due to work) she recommended I make an appointment with a course advisor. Which I ahve but can the best case scenario I can see is being recommended some form of business course.

Back to the fucking drawing board.

Accidentally tried to move my £120 headset whilst sat on the wire... ripped some wires out at the USB end. Fairly gutted. Will take it to work and see what the IT dudes think.

Also kinda good news/bad news; working tomorrow too :/ basically they've offered overtime for the first time in half a year, so i feel I should take advatage of it and go into the office and sort shit out rather than leave it and end up having to come in unpaid just to stay on top of things. It's good because we wont be taking any calls, we won't really be supervised at all and we can work for as long (or as little) as we want. I may just set the alarm for my usual wake-up time and see how I feel. The money would be very helpful, in any case.

Accidentally tried to move my £120 headset whilst sat on the wire... ripped some wires out at the USB end. Fairly gutted. Will take it to work and see what the IT dudes think.

I have wank luck with headphones. Probably because I don't want to spend anything above fifteen quid. Last ones I bought now seem to pause music on my phone constantly and bring up S Voice even though it's been disabled to do so. Now I'm using the big headphones with the approx 3 metre wire.

I have wank luck with headphones. Probably because I don't want to spend anything above fifteen quid. Last ones I bought now seem to pause music on my phone constantly and bring up S Voice even though it's been disabled to do so. Now I'm using the big headphones with the approx 3 metre wire.

I had a revelation with my newest headphones. A detachable audio cable. Simple cable, 3.5mm - 3.5mm jack. If it breaks you simply buy a new one. Genius idea.

Yes @Charlie. I've got sennheiser cans with a detachable cable, that is also telephone cable style so it doesn't get twisted/tangled. I've had em for about 6 years and they still work :) Best £60 I ever spent!

This argument/discussion won't go anywhere. Let's just leave it. We'll discuss behaviour on the moderator board.

I bet that board makes for some fun reading. ;) Any chance we can have an Mod open board evening?

I bet that board makes for some fun reading. ;) Any chance we can have an Mod open board evening?

I didn't even know such a thing existed! Oh God, it does make you wonder what is said though! Can you imagine!

I wonder if it's like Phoenix Wright or something...

Objection!

lucille-bluth-made-a-pun.gif?w=594

Looking at buying a new car. It'll be my 5th in less than 5 years (no, I've not crashed a single one).

Bad stuff? As the car I'm looking at is a urbocharged hot hatch, it's attractive to boy racers. Hence, it's always a worry when buying one new. Went to High Wycombe yesterday to view one. It had blacked out windows and had been debadged (how can anybody think that looks good? It looks completely idiotic). They had also replaced the stereo. Now I'm not opposed to somebody replacing a stereo, I've done it more than once. If you like listening to music, then I see no reason against upgrading your sound system. However when you upgrade a reasonable stereo, for a cheap, shit one, and don't even buy a fascia, so the metal cage is exposed. Also not even knowing how to wire it up to the steering wheel, so you now have lots of buttons at your hand that do fuck all. How moronic do you have to be?

It doesn't help that there are non around. There are three that I've currently got my eye on. One in Sidcup (east London), one in Haverfordwest (Pembrokeshire), and one in Northallerton (North Yorkshire). (I live in Oxford). Why do I always go for rare cars? Why can't I be happy with a focus or an astra?

/first world rant

I had a revelation with my newest headphones. A detachable audio cable. Simple cable, 3.5mm - 3.5mm jack. If it breaks you simply buy a new one. Genius idea.

My headset at work has a detachable mic, detachable cable jack and the headset itself collapses into a carry case. It has noise-cancelling tech and is a beast of a piece of kit!

Our school is so badly managed that it is seriously pissing me off. We had no internet access yesterday and we won't have it at all for the rest of the week. We were apparently moving to high speed broadband or something amazing in April and that hasn't happened. Our internet is so painfully slow that it's not even worth it when the connection is there. Far too often I've had to load videos up before breaktime just to give myself a chance of the whole video loading before the next lesson. And then, sometimes our stupid filters get in the way and nothing works anyway.

Seriously, I hate it when technology fails. I've been back from work for about an hour and got NOTHING done during that time because of the lack of internet access. So, it now means I'm now having to do work when getting home.

House mate has apparently had gastro for pretty much the whole month, it never technically went away when she had it last.

Which means my dear fellows, that I have potentially been able to catch it for a month and pass it on to 500 people. Oh joy.

She's been to the hospital and they cannot do anything really for her, she's fine, chilling at home.

I mean while have a bad stomach and a 13 hour shift to look forward to. Grr.

There is always something. Had hoped to be fully out of my overdraft this month having spent out for engagement ring and whatnot. Been on a tight budget for a few months. Came into some money this month and my sister paid me back too so thought I was sorted.

Bloody car seemed to have engine cut out twice earlier. Means I need to get it service but also puts huge concern on me for the journey back from Bristol tomorrow (2.5 hours).

I never have much luck with cars! So concerning.

Also.

Had a very gentle headache for two weeks ish now. I am terrified its a brain tumour or something. Seeing the doctor when back (have not told Claire/anyone yet).

Had a very gentle headache for two weeks ish now. I am terrified its a brain tumour or something. Seeing the doctor when back (have not told Claire/anyone yet).

Hope everything's OK brah. I'm sure it will be fine.

Big crash at Santa Pod this weekend. It's weird to see something like that happen somewhere I visit regularly. I didn't think things could go over those barriers, they always seem high enough.

The guy got off with a broken collar bone in 2 places, broken nose and some damage to his back.

I’ve been waiting for a package for almost 2 months now. It’s a package from Japan (a PVC figure), and the cheapest shipping takes a month. That’s fine, I expect that (nowadays), but when it finally arrives, they charge me € 1500,- worth of customs. I obviously decline the package, and complain over the phone, they’ll get it fixed they said, and they would call me. A week later, I call them, and apparently, my complaint has been forgotten. The woman who helped me then finally got things in motion, and yesterday, she called me to inform me I could retrieve the package for € 30,- from the delivery point. I wasn’t in the mood yesterday, so I postponed it until today.

So this morning I heard a lot of sirens. Thought nothing of it, and went back to bed. This afternoon, I intended to get the package. I was thinking of actually opening a “neutral stuff” thread, because getting the package is good, but the shit before it was bad. It took an extra 3 weeks to fix the customs problem. Anyway, here I am, in the bad stuff thread instead, because my brother informed me what the sirens were for.

http://www.rijnmond.nl/nieuws/24-09-2013/vijftien-woningen-ontruimd-na-ramkraak-schiedam

You can’t understand it, but you can look at the picture and video to see what it looks like.. That was the delivery point. We have a specific word for it, but it doesn’t seem to translate.. But some idiots tried to break open that ATM machine by crashing a vehicle into the store. That’s a thing here.

so..... I got "mistaken" for an albino yesterday.

I say mistaken, but I had a look on google... found the list of symptoms:

- pale skin

- pale hair, but ocassionally pale brown or ginger

- pink/grey/pale blue eyes

- squint

- astigmatism

- long or short sighted, usually to a higher degree

- nystagmus

- vision which cannot be corrected fully by glasses/contacts

Well bada-fucking-boom, I got 100%

:/

Girlfriend went to India today, not due back home until 20th January. That's gonna be weird.

On the plus side, I get plenty of time to play through my games, read A Game of Thrones, and then I'm going to visit her over the Christmas holiday.

Supposed to be back to 2 days a week today, but 30 minutes into my unplanned overtime tonight my line manager asked if I could come in for a few hours tomorrow to fix someone's fuck up.

tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

idonthavetimeforthisimtiredandihavestufftodobeforeurogamer

Apparently we're going to discuss work loads/division in our weekly meeting on Monday. Depending how it plays out, I may just tell the other two what worthless dicks they are.

The above work thing was a fucking joke. Got there at 7:30 and some annoying bore insisted on speaking for ninety minutes about the issue! I then went away and did as she asked and once completed told the department, who said that is not what they asked for or wanted. So spoke to aforementioned bore and agreed to reverse it and then do some minor tweaks, that in itself took half an hour. So I was there for 7 1/2 hours for half an hour worth of progress.

And I didn't get to go to the gym and I've not completed the animation I was looking to do and I just want to crash out and sleep. But I have some NE stuff to do.

It's been a day of just dealing with someone who doesn't know how to do their job properly and when I try to make it easier/better for them, they make it sound like I'm stupid. So I retort. Eh what an effort.