NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Jim can't go to Belgium with me in August for my sister's wedding. His stupid school is having him come in that last week for meetings. =(

Sad by this because it means I have to travel alone, be at the wedding alone and all that. Not gonna be fun when everyone is there with their partner. Plus it was the only week we would have together for a while to do things (not counting the few days in Glastonbury), so not happy. Boooh.

Now I need to figure out what the best way is to get to London for the Eurostar. Every option seems to include getting one or two tubes and walking through parts of London with my big suitcase, which kinda scares me to do alone. I think I might get lost. Don't even know if all tube lines are working on bank holidays (August 26)? =(

I'm sure enough lines will be open for you to get to St. Pancreas (is that the right one?). Unless you are travelling at ridiculously early or something....

Daft's horribly anticlimactic ending to his story is my bad stuff of the day.

Jim can't go to Belgium with me in August for my sister's wedding. His stupid school is having him come in that last week for meetings. =(

Sad by this because it means I have to travel alone, be at the wedding alone and all that. Not gonna be fun when everyone is there with their partner. Plus it was the only week we would have together for a while to do things (not counting the few days in Glastonbury), so not happy. Boooh.

Now I need to figure out what the best way is to get to London for the Eurostar. Every option seems to include getting one or two tubes and walking through parts of London with my big suitcase, which kinda scares me to do alone. I think I might get lost. Don't even know if all tube lines are working on bank holidays (August 26)? =(

I'd imagine the tube lines you need to get (Northern to Leicester Square then Piccadilly to Kings Cross St Pancras) will be running, they rarely have engineering works, and if you go the right way through Leicester Square station, you should only have one small set of stairs to deal with between the two lines.

Alternatively there is the number 59 bus which goes direct from Waterloo to Kings Cross.

(Was assuming you'd be getting train to Waterloo from Bournemouth, if not, ignore my advice!)

Daft's horribly anticlimactic ending to his story is my bad stuff of the day.

Tell me about it. I'll try and actually have a bad day next time.

Tell me about it. I'll try and actually have a bad day next time.

Been following this - interested in what you do - do you write copy? Like Peggy in Mad Men? You're freelance (or temp?) so is it part time? How did you get the gig? I only ask as I'm currently looking for career ideas..

Yep, I write copy for a digital agency. Long copy, short copy, functional copy and everything in between. I'm freelance. I worked pretty much all this year except for a week or two here and there.

I got into it when this place needed a new copywriter and my friend suggested me. Had an interview, they liked me, BOOM - a year and a half later I'm still here...somehow (actually I took the second half of last year of, I did a few days here and there).

I get the vibe it's a hard industry to get your foot in.

The freelance pay is great. The price you pay is you work in advertising and you deserve to die...you know, if you listen to Bill Hicks...which you should.

Edited by Daft
I'm tired. I can't spell.

I'd imagine the tube lines you need to get (Northern to Leicester Square then Piccadilly to Kings Cross St Pancras) will be running, they rarely have engineering works, and if you go the right way through Leicester Square station, you should only have one small set of stairs to deal with between the two lines.

Alternatively there is the number 59 bus which goes direct from Waterloo to Kings Cross.

(Was assuming you'd be getting train to Waterloo from Bournemouth, if not, ignore my advice!)

Yeah it is either train to Waterloo, or coach to Victoria coach station. Haven't decided yet on what would be easier... Thanks for the info though!

Also I have some twisted "luck". They did a raffle at work today for which we had been earning tickets all month (based on quality etc). Main prize was a 3D tv, but there were also £20 vouchers, full day off work, half day off work, chocolates etc. Chances of winning or low as there are about 150 people, so I counted myself out.

Until suddenly, they call out my name, yay! Except it is for the 1 prize out of the entire bunch that I could not use: 2 weeks free parking at work... hooray! I don't drive to work! Gave the prize to someone else. =(

Yeah it is either train to Waterloo, or coach to Victoria coach station. Haven't decided yet on what would be easier... Thanks for the info though!

Also I have some twisted "luck". They did a raffle at work today for which we had been earning tickets all month (based on quality etc). Main prize was a 3D tv, but there were also £20 vouchers, full day off work, half day off work, chocolates etc. Chances of winning or low as there are about 150 people, so I counted myself out.

Until suddenly, they call out my name, yay! Except it is for the 1 prize out of the entire bunch that I could not use: 2 weeks free parking at work... hooray! I don't drive to work! Gave the prize to someone else. =(

If you want I'm happy to meet you wherever you arrive and help you get to the Eurostar :)

The coach is longer but you get a nice enough seat (I prefer them to the train seats) and your luggage is safely stowed away. From vic coach station is a bit of a mad dash but take advantage of ash's offerings and it'll be ace!

Well after a few weeks of being in my new place and not having to endure loud neighbours, the charity-run children's nursery near me is having a loud party. Seriously?!?

Edited by Ashley

Well after a few weeks of being in my new place and not having to endure loud neighbours, the charity-run children's nursery near me is having a loud party. Seriously?!?

I was going to say 'its only one party for kids and only likely to be the middle of your day...

Until I saw the time you posted.

I hate myself sometimes.

Went to Ascot with work yesterday. It was a great day. Spoke to some colleagues that I don't usually speak to. Even built up quite a rapport with a girl who I can't decide whether I like or not.

Why is this in the bad stuff?

Afterwards we went out for a few drinks, the night was looking promising. Then in the first pub, I realised that I'd left my house keys in my car, which I'd left at work. So when they went to the club, I had to make my 4 mile walk to walk to get my cars (luckily I'd not been drinking much, otherwise it would have been another 6 miles back home).

When I said I was leaving, the girl even tried to drag me into the club. I swear my brain has psychically cock blocked me.

I was going to say 'its only one party for kids and only likely to be the middle of your day...

Until I saw the time you posted.

And they were still going on until after 6am! Phoned the council to complain (a clear sign you're becoming old) around 1:30. Over an hour later they turned up to assess then said they'd go speak to them, but didn't seem to do anything. By around 3:30 my body had become so tired I drifted off, then woke up again around 6.

Had a stressful morning trying to sort out a project. My friend is passing on the composition work to me and gave me the After Effects files and all assets yesterday. Went to load it and none of the footage worked. Tried replacing it and still didn't work. Tried replacing it with the footage from the drop box and still nothing. Looked online and they suggested changing AE language files and still nothing. Happened upon a solution - copy the footage to the desktop.

Now to actually start working on this...

Not content with losing £40 at the races yesterday, I've gone and put a fiver on Wigan to win, and a fiver to draw.

I hate myself sometimes.

Went to Ascot with work yesterday. It was a great day. Spoke to some colleagues that I don't usually speak to. Even built up quite a rapport with a girl who I can't decide whether I like or not.

Why is this in the bad stuff?

Afterwards we went out for a few drinks, the night was looking promising. Then in the first pub, I realised that I'd left my house keys in my car, which I'd left at work. So when they went to the club, I had to make my 4 mile walk to walk to get my cars (luckily I'd not been drinking much, otherwise it would have been another 6 miles back home).

When I said I was leaving, the girl even tried to drag me into the club. I swear my brain has psychically cock blocked me.

If you'd gotten jiggy with the girl you wouldn't have needed your house keys.

Failing that, use a fucking taxi?!

If you'd gotten jiggy with the girl you wouldn't have needed your house keys.

Failing that, use a fucking taxi?!

I don't do casual sex.

I'm also broke.

(n.b. the above two points are not related.)

At the moment, you're not doing sex at all. Beggars can't be choosers!

I don't do casual sex.

Clearly, naturally you get them to sign some form of contract agreeing that a relationship will last before you drop trow.

It's the potential to where it can lead. Casual sex lead to my girlfriend and I going out. And we've been together for over four years now.

Clearly, naturally you get them to sign some form of contract agreeing that a relationship will last before you drop trow.

It's the potential to where it can lead. Casual sex lead to my girlfriend and I going out. And we've been together for over four years now.

But I'm not interested in casual sex, so why would I want to get with somebody who is?

I'm not saying that I don't have sex before marriage, only that I'd rather wait until at least the first date.

But I'm not interested in casual sex, so why would I want to get with somebody who is?

Because it's sex. Compromise dammit.

Plus you may be able to win her over to something more permanent. But you missed out on some possible action/relationship potential because you were too frigid.

... There's no guarantee that a girl "does" causal sex just because she wants sex with you. It could be, to her, a beginning. It could be that she is interested in seeing where it goes. It could be that she thinks you're worth something, so what appears initially to be casual sex may quickly spread into other genres.

Don't presume! It may've been a night of no-sex and lotsa-talk.

Don't presume! It may've been a night of no-sex and lotsa-talk.

To presume is to make a pres out of u and me.

Wait. That's not right. Shit.

To presume is to make a pres out of u and me.

Wait. That's not right. Shit.

You silly moo, everybody knows that it's assumption makes an ass out of you and... mption.

...oh.