NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

After continually being fed up with my hair not keeping the style I want, or it getting destroyed by wind, I got my hair cut short for the first time in like 7 years.

Don't think I like it, think it's showing that my hairline is receeding :(

Man my head has been all over the place recently. Trying to get on with coursework & job searching but I feel like I can barely see straight. I hate days like this. So much to do and wanting to do it so little. Don't know if I should go to karate class or just start drinking now. Or both.

Embrace it. It's a sign of virility.

Man my head has been all over the place recently. Trying to get on with coursework & job searching but I feel like I can barely see straight. I hate days like this. So much to do and wanting to do it so little. Don't know if I should go to karate class or just start drinking now. Or both.

Embrace it. It's a sign of virility.

I refuse. I'm probably imagining it (and based on past photos from when I had short hair, I think I am)...but either way, I'm going to grow it back

I refuse. I'm probably imagining it (and based on past photos from when I had short hair, I think I am)...but either way, I'm going to grow it back

Good. Give the ladies something to grip while you're down there.

Good. Give the ladies something to grip while you're down there.

You haven't seen many of my posts in the General Chit Chat forum, have you? :p

You haven't seen many of my posts in the General Chit Chat forum, have you? :p

Oh yes I bloody have, and you're going to accept you're a nerd-sex explosion on legs even if I have to brainwash you.

Oh yes I bloody have, and you're going to accept you're a nerd-sex explosion on legs even if I have to brainwash you.

Easier said than done :p

Shit sucks man, I feel your pain as I'm going through it to. There was some balding thread last year where I talked about my usage with alpecin. All I can say is, it works pretty well, but as soon as your off of it your hair will shed like a mother fucker.

My hair line stayed pretty much frozen solid from using it until I ran out of the stuff at the beginning of my second month here in Japan.

Easier said than done :p

That's what they all say, you just need plenty of lube.

Shit sucks man, I feel your pain as I'm going through it to. There was some balding thread last year where I talked about my usage with alpecin. All I can say is, it works pretty well, but as soon as your off of it your hair will shed like a mother fucker.

My hair line stayed pretty much frozen solid from using it until I ran out of the stuff at the beginning of my second month here in Japan.

Well my parents showed me a photo of me when I was 15 and shaved my head, and my hairline was at a similar level to it is now, maybe it's a slight bit further back now, but yeah...worries me :(

Sucks about yours :/

After continually being fed up with my hair not keeping the style I want, or it getting destroyed by wind, I got my hair cut short for the first time in like 7 years.

I think mine is receeding as well, can't be 100% sure though. It certainly looks like it has on the sides, but from looking at previous photos of myself from 10 years ago, my hair looks roughly the same.

I'll let you know in 10 years if it's fallen out or not.

Other than that, i'm considering wiping Friday under the mat. Firstly, i was woken at 7am by my mum (who thought i was working at 9, but am on lates and don't start until 11am) Then when i do go to work, i forget my train pass. And now i lose the other 1/2 of my return i had to buy. I'm going to attempt a free ride though, hopefully my card fails to work on the machines.

Anything else.

SOMEBODY ATE ALL MY HAM. A pack of 36 slices. GONE. OVERNIGHT. WTF I don't live in halls anymore, how does this happen?!

Well, obviously I have a list of suspects. Grr.

Also my phone ran out of credit. I've ranted about it on fb already. £10 top-up gives you however many texts/minutes a tenner can allow for, however top up £15 and you get 300 minutes, 3000 texts and unlimited internet... like, over £100 worth of 'credit' easily. I must've gotten that without realising it as £20 credit lasted me a month but £10 lasted me abour 3 days. Now I know, at least!

My appendix is acting up, woke me up at 7:30am this morning with a pain just off the right side of my belly button, b00h I don't wanna be carted into the hospital on a public holiday. Well that and the thought of having surgery performed on me scares the living crap out of me.

My appendix is acting up, woke me up at 7:30am this morning with a pain just off the right side of my belly button, b00h I don't wanna be carted into the hospital on a public holiday. Well that and the thought of having surgery performed on me scares the living crap out of me.

I had a problem with my appendix when I was a kid. It was at night so my Dad called the doctor. He said to leave it and see how I was in my morning.

My Dad completely ignored this advice and took my into hospital right away. I was rushed into surgery and had my appendix removed. If I had been left for a couple more hours I would be dead.

Although I was in agony, so yours doesn't sound quite as bad.

I can't keep the hair on my head, its all falling out in places due to my psoriasis, and always will. Strategic placement. :)

New house cons:

The bed is a 3/4, and I can't find any bedding for it.

There's no free cupboard in the kitchen.

I've pretty much forgotten how to use Flash. Wonder if I can convince some of my Flash-using friends to give me a reminder lesson...

Although I did manage to draw a sloth at least.

The Walking Dead episode 5. It was terrific, but heartbreaking. I cried.

Edited by Guy
I feel bad when I don't edit.

Just snapped at a friend.

I haven't gotten so annoyed in a while and it was over something so stupid. But he wouldn't stop making jokes, so I told him to go away.

Sigh, will be apologising for that one later.

My Mac just froze with the screen smothered in horrible glitchy doom lines.

The last time this happened the entire logic board needed replacing, which was fortunately done under warranty. The hard drive also previously died and was repaired within warranty. The entire thing, aside the damn case, has been replaced during the brief year and a half I've owned it.

Naturally the device is now outside the warranty period and I'm sure Apple will want a kidney to fix it. Augh.

I believe the cost would be two kidneys, your grandfather's war medals and the ability to name your first born.

My Mac just froze with the screen smothered in horrible glitchy doom lines.

The last time this happened the entire logic board needed replacing, which was fortunately done under warranty. The hard drive also previously died and was repaired within warranty. The entire thing, aside the damn case, has been replaced during the brief year and a half I've owned it.

Naturally the device is now outside the warranty period and I'm sure Apple will want a kidney to fix it. Augh.

Mine did similar a month or so ago when I put it to sleep with an external monitor connected and on. Turned it on with the monitor off and it got stuck in a loop trying to decide what to do. Ended up with weird lines on the screen, it came back though after a while and clcking etc.

Hope it isn't a bigger problem!

Mine did similar a month or so ago when I put it to sleep with an external monitor connected and on. Turned it on with the monitor off and it got stuck in a loop trying to decide what to do. Ended up with weird lines on the screen, it came back though after a while and clcking etc.

Hope it isn't a bigger problem!

Hey dude, thanks for that. I had it connected to my TV as a second display/but playing my Xbox on another input when it froze... could be something to do with it. Whenever my machine gets confused with the other monitor, the screen freaks out and starts flashing blue for a few seconds.

The lines were like... yellow... in little square sets all over. Really weird.

I'll try messing with the configuration - hopefully it'll fix the problem. Really can't afford Apple's repair costs right now.

Hey dude, thanks for that. I had it connected to my TV as a second display/but playing my Xbox on another input when it froze... could be something to do with it. Whenever my machine gets confused with the other monitor, the screen freaks out and starts flashing blue for a few seconds.

The lines were like... yellow... in little square sets all over. Really weird.

I'll try messing with the configuration - hopefully it'll fix the problem. Really can't afford Apple's repair costs right now.

Heh, that's my exact set up too. I also had been using the Xbox on another input. Then turned the TV off but left Mac on.

The blue just means its trying to connect to an external monitor.

Squiggly lines... It's screwed up in the process but isn't a major problem AFAIK.

My TV isn't great at sticking at HDMI unless it detects it being used straight away so the blue screen goes crazy. I also lose my mouse when the Xbox is on as the computer thinks the monitor is still there (which in theory it is, just isn't displayed).