NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Yes! I've had this before.

I watched a glowing green diamond light enter in through my window and watched it bury itself inside my stomach as I couldn't move.

I can't watch my new Avengers Blu Ray as i can't get any software working on my laptop to play it...

first-world-problems.jpg

I couldn't get VLC to work either. Possibly something to do with my hardware i think....

I couldn't get VLC to work either. Possibly something to do with my hardware i think....

Do you have a blu-ray player?

Do you have a blu-ray player?

Do you think i need one?

I got it working now. All it needed was an insanely large patch downloaded for PowerDVD.

I've gone through 4 pairs of the Tour Beats since Christmas and that's with me barely using them, I just stick to the Apple one for workouts and going/coming from work.

I'm a little miffed more than anything, i suppose this fits into this thread. But hey.

I ordered the Avengers from Amazon about 3pm, next day delivery. Alas today, it fails to turn up. Upon doing checks and calling Citylink and Amazon customer support lines earlier and checking the website, they confirmed that the item was delivered. But where i hear myself asking. I have no idea, it isn't at mine thats for sure. Was planning on watching that tomorrow after the Formula 1.

Untitled21443_zps680070e1.png

And on Citylink

Untitled214431_zpsfb878fe7.png

I'm not happy at the moment.

That happened to us many times at our student house. We had to reorder so many things that were 'delivered' but that we never received. Turned out the postman was putting them through an abandoned letter box that led to an alleyway beside our house. We found a treasure trove of post there one day!

Where do I start...life pretty much goes downhill from now on.

My girlfriend broke up with me and apparently I don't stand a chance of winning her back.

My father's death follows me everywhere...he died 3 years ago and I still can't find a way on how to move on.

I've neglected a lot of people who now don't want to hang out with me/be friends anymore.

I fucked up a lot, and I can't find a way to fix it.

[/desperation]

Job's fine...I guess. If I pass the exam in 4 weeks I'll have finished the first half of becoming an Air Traffic Controller. Yay..

A forum is possibly not the best valve, especially when nobody really knows me, but I had to get it out somehow.

Edited by drahkon

Where do I start...life pretty much goes downhill from now on.

My girlfriend broke up with me and apparently I don't stand a chance of winning her back.

My father's death follows me everywhere...he died 3 years ago and I still can't find a way on how to move on.

I've neglected a lot of people who now don't want to hang out with me/be friends anymore.

I fucked up a lot, and I can't find a way to fix it.

[/desperation]

Job's fine...I guess. If I pass the exam in 4 weeks I'll have finished the first half of becoming an Air Traffic Controller. Yay..

A forum is possibly not the best valve, especially when nobody really knows me, but I had to get it out somehow.

Have you thought about talking to someone about it, like a friend or family member...or even your gp? Sometimes just telling people can help more than you think it would. If you are having trouble emotionally your doc can refer you to different therapy type services which might help? Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

Sorry to hear that @dr4hkon. Regarding the father thing, have you considered therapy/counselling? I know it sounds drastic to a lot of people, but it really shouldn't. Grief is a hard thing to get to grips with, it's not something we (thankfully) have a lot of experience with is. So when we do suffer it can overwhelm is and we find it hard to cope. A therapist could just help you cope and work through it. You should try visiting your GP. They will be able to send you to somebody who can help.

EDIT: Looks like Raining has said the same thing. I should have refreshed before I posted.

Sorry to hear about the other stuff dude. But just wanted to say well done on that part. I tried to get into the Student Controller Program here in Ireland once few years back, passed the aptitude test then fraked up the interview nerves got the best of me...which was weird as I wasn't nervous beforehand, they only hit half way into the interview and I messed it up from there :heh:

Sorry to hear that @dr4hkon. Regarding the father thing, have you considered therapy/counselling? I know it sounds drastic to a lot of people, but it really shouldn't. Grief is a hard thing to get to grips with, it's not something we (thankfully) have a lot of experience with is. So when we do suffer it can overwhelm is and we find it hard to cope. A therapist could just help you cope and work through it. You should try visiting your GP. They will be able to send you to somebody who can help.

EDIT: Looks like Raining has said the same thing. I should have refreshed before I posted.

Great minds think alike :p

I recently sought mental help for my anxiety and other problems, and I wish I had done it years ago and not wasted my life being so unhappy.

Thanks to all of you.

I considered therapy but right now it might not be a good idea because I need to focus on my job.

I will probably talk to one of my superiors. She can help me.

Edited by drahkon

@dr4khon - it sounds like you've got a fuck-tonne of mad shit going on; a whole bunch of stresses which are all tearing at you for attention.

I've never really thought about it, but what is the health system like in Germany? Do you get free consultations or does everthing cost money?

I've never really thought about it' date=' but what is the health system like in Germany? Do you get free consultations or does everthing cost money?[/quote']

I don't really know about consultations and therapy but I guess it's not free. Health insurance might cover part of the costs, but the majority has to be paid by patients.

That's the problem, right now I don't have the means to afford this help.

At least work starts again tomorrow. Finally some distraction.

The price of happiness, eh?

If you accept that you could benefit from help, regardless of whether you can pay for it, then isn't that saying something? The best thing about this forum is that you have a wealth of genuine, objective, wholesome people who will gladly offer advice and further help with any matters.

Please feel free to talk to us about your strife. You should NEVER feel that your problems are too small to be shared.

The most important aspect that pulls me down is the fact that I can't convince the girl I love most to give me another chance.

I don't blame her, she already gave me a chance a couple of months ago. I can't ask for a third...

But I don't want to give her up. To give us up. But she has.

Right now we keep texting, because that's the only way we can communicate at the moment and she tells me that she wants to be with me, wants to kiss me, but that would just distract her from all the trouble I give her. And in a few weeks she'd remember all of that...

From the first time I've seen her I've been convinced that I could spend my whole life with her. That's cheesy, a cliché and normally something you see/hear in a stupid movie. But I was so sure...

And now, all I've done for the past year was making her miserable without realising.

Edited by drahkon

The sensible people have made the sensible suggestions so I'll add;

We do care.

Uncharted brothers stick together for life.

If you ever need to blow off steam at n00bs on Unch, you know who to call.

Thanks...I guess ;)

My girlfriend (or however I should call her now) just told me that she hasn't given up on us. But she also told me that we need time to repair the damage that has been done, and for hear that means, she needs a break and time to think.

It's tough, but I have to accept that. Maybe there is hope.

Now it's my turn to change back to what/who I once was and become even better than that...little by little, to make her happier than ever, because I can still picture a life with her.

Edited by drahkon