NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

I'm going to have to send my tabelt back, the cable has fucked up to the point of only being able to detect it for a second before it goes "offline".

Booo.

At the moment I'm having to use the cable I use to connect my Blackberry to my PC, but that isn't the Goddam point!

You already need new nibs?

I've had my tablet since I was 18 or something and I've only had to replace the nibs once.

Guess they don't make things like they used to anymore.

You already need new nibs?

I've had my tablet since I was 18 or something and I've only had to replace the nibs once.

Guess they don't make things like they used to anymore.

Well it came with four, I've had to replace it once. It wore down to almost pencil sharpness and started marking the surface, so it's got a piece of paper stuck to it.

Well it came with four, I've had to replace it once. It wore down to almost pencil sharpness and started marking the surface, so it's got a piece of paper stuck to it.

That's quick... Mine didn't even come with any nibs, I had to order some on ebay a few years ago, don't think my tablet is even being made anymore. =P

Edited by Eenuh

FUCK.

I got some shitty virus.

Calling itself "Security Shield" it keeps saying I've got all these viruses and I've gotta pay to make the popups stop.

And the fucking internet is giving me shit to stop it.

That's quick... Mine didn't even come with any nibs, I had to order some on ebay a few years ago, don't think my tablet is even being made anymore. =P

At work, we figured out that the textured finish on the tablets we use wears away at the nib really quickly. Once the tablet itself is worn smooth (through normal use), it goes through nibs slower. We go through nibs like crazy during the first month or so with a new tablet, then it settles down.

We do use our tablets an awful lot at work though, so it may take longer through casual use.

Use another computer/your phone/something to view this page and follow the instructions: http://www.spywareremove.com/removesecurityshield.html

I did have that already open on this computer. And then I thought it was going to mess me around, because after a scan which actually found something [two previous programs I tried downloading couldn't start up] it wanted me to pay to clean it up. But I remember what someone said that they could find the file and slam in the recycle bin, luckily that program was able to give me the directory for it.

All seems to be well, thankies! I'll buy j00 a drink whenever we meet.

FUCK.

I got some shitty virus.

Calling itself "Security Shield" it keeps saying I've got all these viruses and I've gotta pay to make the popups stop.

And the fucking internet is giving me shit to stop it.

I clearned that up at work last week - you need safe mode with networking, then (in order) Rkill, TDSKiller, Malwarebytes and finally Unhide.

That's good, sounds less troublesome than a virus I removed a few months back - Win 7 Security, or something. I had to mess around with changing file extensions and actively killing processes before I could open a browser. : peace:

I clearned that up at work last week - you need safe mode with networking, then (in order) Rkill, TDSKiller, Malwarebytes and finally Unhide.

Whoa, that sounds like overkill :s

At work, we figured out that the textured finish on the tablets we use wears away at the nib really quickly. Once the tablet itself is worn smooth (through normal use), it goes through nibs slower. We go through nibs like crazy during the first month or so with a new tablet, then it settles down.

We do use our tablets an awful lot at work though, so it may take longer through casual use.

I have used mine a loooooooooot, not just casually from time to time. Honestly the entire cover is showing serious signs of being used for such a long time (there's this use... spot where I draw and rest my hand heh). But my tablet cover was never textured, it's always been smooth.

Like I said, they probably just make them differently now.

Whoa, that sounds like overkill :s

If it's the same one I think it is, it's a real fucker. Security Center is it's most common name and to the non-nerd it looks almost legitimate. We've had people's computers in a few times at work.

Weawwy? Can I not be safe in my own really lazy effort?

I'm backing up a load of shit onto the External HD anyway.

If it's the same one I think it is, it's a real fucker. Security Center is it's most common name and to the non-nerd it looks almost legitimate. We've had people's computers in a few times at work.

I was able to catch on because I was looking for Wordpress tips and it suddenly said the download was complete, and plus the window was the awful blue XP theme, I've gone with the nice silver bars.

Only had to dodge 2 calls from my boss today. He's not pleasant on the phone so I'm not answering his calls. No doubt he'll be trying to coerce me to come into the office to do work for him which he'll try as hard as possible not to pay me for.

Damn, those Welsh students are horny.

Then again, there isn't much else to do in Wales.

7. University of Dundee (8.2)

Not bad. Didn't think it'd be that high.

-------------------------

Anyway, sitting transcribing data for my dissertation. It's soooooooo much fun :nono: Banging my head off of the desk is a more enjoyable way to spend the day than this. Thank god for Spotify, even if it does mean that I'm not doing my work.

Possible job opportunity in Germany - cue massive relationship stress and uncertainty!

Does anybody live in Frankfurt? Or know of any jobs one could do without speaking German?

Quite frankly i hate the world right now. It's always good news, bad news. Nothing ever falls into place easily :cry:

You think it's depressing that your unis are high on the league table?

Look down to the bottom...

59. City University London (3.1)

I blame it on all the Asians (in a non racist way).

You think it's depressing that your unis are high on the league table?

Look down to the bottom...

Well I'm certainly not propping up that statistic.

Top Uni in Scotland, awwww yeah!

Ah shit, didnt see Dundee. Still, we're higher than Glasgow. Suck it, @Gizmo.

Edited by Charlie

Not bad. Didn't think it'd be that high.

-------------------------

Anyway, sitting transcribing data for my dissertation. It's soooooooo much fun :nono: Banging my head off of the desk is a more enjoyable way to spend the day than this. Thank god for Spotify, even if it does mean that I'm not doing my work.

Its Dundee, I expected it to be higher if anything ;)

Top Uni in Scotland, awwww yeah!

Ah shit, didnt see Dundee. Still, we're higher than Glasgow. Suck it, @Gizmo.

Strathy AND Caley above us in a league table - theres a first time for everything :p At least all the Glaswegians are above Edinburgh!

Though I can say with authority that 5.4 is an understatement...

Possible job opportunity in Germany - cue massive relationship stress and uncertainty!

Does anybody live in Frankfurt? Or know of any jobs one could do without speaking German?

Quite frankly i hate the world right now. It's always good news, bad news. Nothing ever falls into place easily :cry:

Tim is working in Frankfurt for Nintendo. He may be able to advise.