NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

dictionary and google didn't give me much so I don't if you guys eat it over there, but basically it's milk, water and rice plus cinnamon, sugar, butter and raisin on top. It's good, try it.

sounds like bread and butter pudding (bread, butter, milk, raisins) with some rice pudding (rice and milk) on top!!

Do you have your sugar and salt in the same kind of container? That's a bit odd lol :heh:

Once I put sugar on sweet n sour (was in a canteen on holiday, they left the sugar out on the DINNER TABLE) and it was horrible!!! Yick!

sounds like bread and butter pudding (bread, butter, milk, raisins) with some rice pudding (rice and milk) on top!!

Do you have your sugar and salt in the same kind of container? That's a bit odd lol :heh:

Once I put sugar on sweet n sour (was in a canteen on holiday, they left the sugar out on the DINNER TABLE) and it was horrible!!! Yick!

No, the sugar container is at least 3 times as big, don't know what I was thinking...

This probably wins thread: I got my 3DS nicked out of my bag while on the train from London to Manchester.

But then I bought another one.

Nnoooooo fucking way!

Dude, way. When I got home and checked my bag I was ready to rip my own testicles off, sprinted weeping back to the train station, and they'd got no wind of any lost property, so I guess some fucker got him/her self a brand new 3DS. Although it came with a copy of Rayman 3D so he'll probably go insane/blind trying to play the damn thing.

Dude, way. When I got home and checked my bag I was ready to rip my own testicles off, sprinted weeping back to the train station, and they'd got no wind of any lost property, so I guess some fucker got him/her self a brand new 3DS. Although it came with a copy of Rayman 3D so he'll probably go insane/blind trying to play the damn thing.

I feel your pain, bro. I lost my bag with my old DS and a bunch of other stuff at a train station. You want to smack yourself for being so stupid.

Did you note down your Friend code? If so, let Nintendo know and pass on the code. They probably won't do much, but it may flash up if someone connects to the internet with it.

The fury... So easy for a thief to get away with too.

It was suggested that I try to make a cake yesterday, and my dad said I had neither the patience nor finesse. I waited until he was asleep and set about proving him wrong.

During.jpg

After.jpg

If you look at the halfway picture the tins I used were obviously far too big and as a result of spreading it too thin there wasn't enough air in the mix for it to rise(my explanation, it sounds right though).

I didn't put that greaseproof paper at the bottom either so it stuck to the tin. Had to destroy it with a knife to get it off.

I left it outside his room. He seemed to think he had won but the point is it tasted nice :)

Did....did you not think it looked a little small, quantity-wise? :p

It did occur to me, yes. I thought I should soldier on with them, I couldn't find any other tins. I would have put it all in one tin but EddieColeslaw said not to :blank: After greasing the sides the feckin guide didn't say to leave that greaseproof paper in when I poured the mix onto it either, I thought it just meant I shouldn't get any grease on the bottom for some reason only apparent to chefs.

If you are making a cake the tin is supposed to be about half full!

You coulda used all of that batter for one cake, and it still wouldn't have been enough

It did occur to me, yes. I thought I should soldier on with them, I couldn't find any other tins. I would have put it all in one tin but EddieColeslaw said not to :blank: After greasing the sides the feckin guide didn't say to leave that greaseproof paper in when I poured the mix onto it either, I thought it just meant I shouldn't get any grease on the bottom for some reason only apparent to chefs.

I thought you meant the tins were half-full, not...like that :woops:

Also those look like pie/tart tins!!

The thing that annoys me about cooking is that there are all these unwritten rules that everyone is assumed to know. And shame on you if you don't!

I would.....say it slants more towards common sense on THIS occasion....

*Hugs heroicjanitor, tightly. I love you*

*Runs away*

But its fine heroic. A simple mistake. Do another one and prove to yourself you can create something truly beautiful. Besides, as you said flavour is most important thing. We so excited.

The thing that annoys me about cooking is that there are all these unwritten rules that everyone is assumed to know. And shame on you if you don't!

I hate when recipes are vague, like "boil the potatoes". I don't know how to boil potatoes! How long should they boil? How much salt should I add? Aaaah! :sad:

Or when they tell you to do something that you've never heard of before. Like, "do [thing] to the meat". If I knew how to do [thing] I'd be a good enough cook that I wouldn't need a recipe!

Experience and experimentation is the key! I learned how to cook by watching my parents carefully. Youtube helps too!

When it comes to cooking I just guess half the time. Due to my eyes I can barely tell the difference between uncooked and "browned" meat. So I pretty much have to go with gut feeling. And if I'm wrong, then I'll end up with a different kind of gut feeling.

Experience and experimentation is the key! I learned how to cook by watching my parents carefully. Youtube helps too!

Cooking with the 'Zource!

No, there is not a single genre I havn't touched upon on YT. :)

I would.....say it slants more towards common sense on THIS occasion....

But that's because you're a brownie-making beast. It's all so obvious to me now though, so I will make an epic cake of destiny... Tomorrow. Maybe.

But that's because you're a brownie-making beast. It's all so obvious to me now though, so I will make an epic cake of destiny... Tomorrow. Maybe.

YES. Do it.

Cake is best when fresh cream and jam is involved. But any will be good. I eagerly await your cake. Cake 2 : Cake Harder.

No, there is not a single genre I havn't touched upon on YT. :)

I can think of one genre, but people would want it even less than Comedy Rainbow (unless it involved mainly Claire).

I hate when recipes are vague, like "boil the potatoes". I don't know how to boil potatoes! How long should they boil? How much salt should I add? Aaaah! :sad:

Or when they tell you to do something that you've never heard of before. Like, "do [thing] to the meat". If I knew how to do [thing] I'd be a good enough cook that I wouldn't need a recipe!

Exactly! This is exactly what I mean!

What I hate is the "how to cook cheap" type books. Had one at uni which had lobster in one of the recipes. Wet. Teh. Fut?

Also, Jamie's 30 minute meals, while well laid out and simple enough to make, actually requires you to have/invest in over £200 worth of equipment in order to do it in 30 mins!