NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Waking up with an almighty headache, one which makes you think your eyes are about to explode, isn't nice. Couple that with sore throat, a temperature close to if not 40 degrees, constantly feeling cold even though I have a high temp, lots of coughing and dizzyness and I've got a nasty cold :(

That's pretty much what I have right now. Yesterday was especially bad. Felt like my head was going to just explode and I felt like I was going to be sick or faint. And then I probably had a fever too, sweated so much. And sore muscles, a horrible cough and sore throat to boot. Great times. =P

Getting to work, on time, pleased to be finally getting some money back in.

Only to be told that my shifts were being replaced by another girl, they didn't want me in today, didn't call me and want me to work in debenhams instead of house of fraser even though I said I never wanted too.

Sigh, new job please?

You should have stayed and done your job anyway. That would have shown them!

Edited by Magnus

You should have stayed and done your job anyway. That would have showed them!

I would, except I wasn't needed and would have been forced off the site, plus I detest my job, continuous problems throughout.

It's not even a bad job in itself, just having been messed around since I started. :indeed:

Stomach bug and hangover at the same time is crap, spent all day yesterday with green water coming out of my bum, and am pebble dashing the loo on a regular basis today too.

Worst thing so far was probably reading Mad Monkey's rather vulgar yet descriptive post above.

Too much information is too much.

I immediately thought the same thing, it's bad enough I have an iffy stomach without that my dear!

Today is stupidly falling asleep in the evening, then waking up to that strange funky feeling you sometimes get. Eurgh..

I just checked my bank account. I'm fucked, £8 over my OD limit and still 2 weeks to payday.

I got a year older. Why are people giving me cards and celebratory messages? I don't want to get a year older. When you get old you die, it's a common fact.

I read something earlier today, something about me, and it really did feel like I was punched in the stomach. Maybe it's a sign I think it was true... I dunno :blank:

I read something earlier today, something about me, and it really did feel like I was punched in the stomach.

Falcon punch?

Falcon punch

I see what you did there...

Well, I'm still alive so it certainly wasn't on the scale of one of mine but yeah, enough to bother me to post here clearly.

Well, I'm still alive so it certainly wasn't on the scale of one of mine

Haha :p

Worst thing for me was hitting the point in my holidays where I realise I should do some college work, and I know the process of "I'll do it tomorrow" will start and end on the day I go back and I'll be all disappointed with myself.

Haha :p

Worst thing for me was hitting the point in my holidays where I realise I should do some college work, and I know the process of "I'll do it tomorrow" will start and end on the day I go back and I'll be all disappointed with myself.

I remember realizing that day... it was the first day of my holidays.

I just realised that I have a Foucault text to read, the entirety of Troilus and Cressida as well as Renaissance Lives texts to read, and then 9000 words to write before the 14th of Jan. I am so so fucked its unreal, and I can't seem to force myself out of that holiday lull in productivity. FUCK MY LIFE.

Troilus and Cressida is a cool play though, very underappreciated. I have 8000 words for the 14th of January, but have done 4000 of them... Oh, got a PhD application to sort out too.

And I got IDed buying a 12 yesterday. :heh:

It's great, but not straight after you've been forced to read Troilus and Criseyde, Testimend of Cressid and a billion other retellings of the same tale. Supposed to do secondary research on top of that. So you're skipping the masters? :heh:

I'm doing one at the moment, finished my degree in the summer. Haven't read any other versions, I have to say. I hear everyone is nicer in Troilus and Criseyde.

Ah right cool. Nah, Troilus is a simpering pussy in the Chaucer, and Pandarus is slightly more disturbing. It's more limited in terms of characterisation as well, since its a poem, and the majority of it is narration rather than character interactions. Good luck with PhD stuff ;).

Well today i actually kind of forgot how to do some elements of my job. Having not been in work since the 17th December, today has been all systems go, and while i've managed to catch up on all the backlog of work as-well as get the year end and month end work all complete, I actually managed to forget the most simple SQL Commands while creating a stored procedure.

woops.

Good thing I can create from existing SP's to refresh my memory :)

Having to be at work for 5 hours, which isn't my store, or my job technically.

Also for my stupid tutors not conferring with each other and telling us different things!

Getting through my 14 page essay, only to reach a point which I had wanted to use an quote from Tony Blair's book only to find I'd left myself a note saying "Get quotes later pages 378-379."

So no I'm stuck in my tracks because I think it would fit really well and don't want to carry on until I've managed to get that book again.

And yes, I know I should be reprimanded for using a quote from Tony Blair's book but...well I don't really have a defence :p

In contemplation of the Best/Worst thing to happen to you threads, realising that my life at the moment is throroughly eventless.

The (INSERT SOMETHING) That Happened To You Today series should expand.

The Most Random Thing could be decent.

Edited by Guy