NEurope
Ashley

Who wants to do the awards?

Last year I did it and I did do it but this year I have uni, I work at this place a heck of a lot, a kind of job (long story) and for 7 days after boxing day I'll be working full time (plus my nan's birthday in early January).

So I'm seeing if anyone else wants to. I personally found having a thread for each award much easier as it meant you could tally up some results here and there. If people vote for all of them within one post you can get into the mentality of "oh I'll tally some results *sees them*....never mind" so I think its best we stick to that.

I'm quite willing to sort out the location side (ie open up a sub forum) and then whoever is doing it can create all the threads. I also have the list of awards from last year (and the badly made trophy) if you want that.

If we happen to have a few people saying "I'll do it" I'll pick the one who seems most suited/likely to actually follow through (not a criticism as such, we all become busy and what not).

I'll do it :)

Side-query; wondering if there's any plan for a vb4 upgrade. They have some nifty hacks for it that'd help future awards, like you can 'thank' an entire thread which would make the 'best thread oty' award better, simply because people forget good threads from earlier in the year. I've always thought a monthly round-up would be nice too, but again 3.8 doesn't have the mods to do it.

Anyway, I am the least busy person here! Me!

I think its best if its one person just because I feel it will be easier if the results are centralised.

I'll do it :)

Side-query; wondering if there's any plan for a vb4 upgrade. They have some nifty hacks for it that'd help future awards, like you can 'thank' an entire thread which would make the 'best thread oty' award better, simply because people forget good threads from earlier in the year. I've always thought a monthly round-up would be nice too, but again 3.8 doesn't have the mods to do it.

Anyway, I am the least busy person here! Me!

Dude, you have access to the staff boards in which we've discussed this. :p

So do you, yet I have a hundred unanswered queries there. We clearly choose which threads/posts we care about enough to remember! I proposed something similar to my above post nearly 4 months ago and you didn't clarify anything. You mentioned vbulletin 4 nearly a year ago and you said you'd do it 'this easter,' so I'd appreciate it if you didn't say it as if I was being ignorant.

I did do it that easter.

It all went terribly wrong.

I believe Shorty is considering it shortly but its a complete change. As in lose all schemes etc kind of change. It should hopefully be easier to undertake now (as we have complete control over ourselves) but I'm busy, Shorty's busy and its not something we need urgently so its kind of on the backburner for now.

And I did see your suggestion up there when it was made in the staff chat but had no response to it.

Sorry if I sounded bitchy, you know I tend to unintentionally project that tone.

Edited by Ashley

I think we should have an award for best new award, which I should get for proposing best new award as an award.

I think we should have an award for best new award, which I should get for proposing best new award as an award.

I think there should be an award for not proposing an award which I wouldn't win because I didn't propose an award, did I?

Edited by Iun

I think there should be an award for not proposing an award which I wouldn't win because I didn't propose an award, did I?

Yes you did. Thus making youself unable to win it. If you actually hadn't proposed it then you would be capable of winning it. :heh:

Last year's cats (meow).

Site Staff Member of the Year

Most Respected Member of the Year

Most Knowledgeable Member of the Year

Most Helpful Member of the Year

Forum Couple of the Year

Best Avatar(s) of the Year

Best Signature(s) of the Year

Most Taciturn Member of the Year

User Who Spends Their Life Here

Best User Ever

Personality of the Year

Best Playground Game of the Year

Best Newcomer of the Year

Lifetime Achievement

Thread Starter of the Year

Admin of the Year

Moderator of the Year

Spammer of the Year

Funniest Member of the Year

Most Negative Member of the Year

The 2009 Ultimate Member of the Year

Best Return of the Year

Best Forum Moment of the Year

The Who You'd Rather Be Stuck in a Lift With Award

Most Missed Member

I'm sure there were gaming specific ones too...so lets make them up.

DS Game of the Year

Wii Game of the Year

PS3 Game of the Year

360 Game of the Year

PC Game of the Year

Online Game of the Year

Best Gaming Product of the Year

Gaming moment of the year?

Facepalm of the year?

Personality of the year, user of the year, ultimate member of the year. The difference in those always confused me.

Then feel free to change it. Those were just last year. You're in charge this year so do as you please.

When do you want to start?

Gaming moment of the year?

Facepalm of the year?

Personality of the year, user of the year, ultimate member of the year. The difference in those always confused me.

Me too fwiw.

I'll start it this friday, close it on the 31st. I'll be hungover but indoors for new year's day to total :)

..wow.. maybe I'm in with a shout of an award this year :heh:

I would have voted for you but you seem too optimistic in that last post!

I would have voted for you but you seem too optimistic in that last post!

..yeh.. maybe things are on the turn :indeed:

They're definitely not..