NEurope
jayseven

Cheese

To satiate Maddog's primal cousin, Mad Monkey, here's a thread about cheese!

I love cheese. Bill Bailey loves cheese. Mousetraps are at pain to part from their cheese - so do you feel the pressure from your peers enough yet to admit your guilt?

Cheese is wonderful, wholesome, smelly stuff. I can think of at least two cheese jokes.

My favourite cheese is Boursin. But I fear it's a cheat-cheese. A mascarphoney. Three jokes! Otherwise a medium-to-strong cheddar goes a long way. Blue cheeses are still a bit absurd to me, but otherwise I think a hearty grating of cheese on any warm meal goes a long way to making my taste buds orgasm. Which can be messy.

Et tu?

Coincidentally, we had bread and cheese at work today. Loved it. :D I'm a bit picky when it comes to cheese, but the kinds I do like, I simply adore! :D Camembert is my favourite, I'd say.

Mozzarella may be one of those fake cheeses but....god...deep fried breaded mozzarella are like little sexy bites of win.

A glass of chilled red grape juice and some room temp brie thickly sliced onto either thins, or choice grain crackers. Lurve.

Cheese is indeed a wonderful thing in all its forms, from stinky blue ones, and wax skinned Dutch ones, to melting french ones , even the humble Dairylea on thick sliced toast is food worthy of a king. But there is one cheese that towers above them all, the mighty cheddar, king of cheeses, the more mature the better and goes with almost anything.

Cheese is one of my favourite things ever. I've never had some I dislike, although I'm willing to bet I wouldn't enjoy casu marzu. :heh:

Of note are mature Brie (especially on hovis biscuits, although I'm sure mainland Europeans will get furious over this), stilton, soft goat's cheese and gorgonzola. I've had lots of other nice and more obscure cheeses too, but I can't remember/never knew their names.

I'm not a huge fan of just eating cheese as is (nothing wrong with it though). I like it heated up/cooked into things. Or with other things. Mozarella stuns me. And other proper cheese but I never note which.

I love cheese. Most nights I eat cheese. Just on it's own.

Also with brie do other people eat the mould or cut it off? I don't like it so I cut it off but I always feel like I've wasted too much of the cheese.

I eat it, it's traditionally supposed to be eaten in the case of brie. With good bries it tastes slightly of mushrooms.

Holy shit. I. LOVE. CHEESE.

I used to think I hated it but then I got the munchies after getting home totalled and the only thing in the fridge was cheese so I thought why the Hell not? Was amazing.

I have no idea about types. I eat all. It's amazing.

I love cheese. Most nights I eat cheese. Just on it's own.

I had an all nighter with a kilo of cheddar once, was awesome.

I absolutely detest cheese.

Unless it is melted cheese, in which case I absolutely love it.

I like cheese. I quite like the simple ones though. Cheddar, Red Leicester, Edam, Boursin.

Not interested in anything blue/smelly.

Best on a wide range of crackers, or cheese on toast.

The gourmet burgers in a Wetherspoons have melted monterey jack cheese with spicy chili peppers in.

To throw in a dash of immense British-ness, a slice of cheese goes nicely beside a crumpet or two.

I like mozzarella, both cheap and proper kinds, and especially on pizza. I used to eat a lot of cheddar, but lately it seems too oily/greasy. Don't like goat's cheese as the taste is too strong. Never tried any posh cheeses before, don't feel like eating mouldy kinds...although that doesn't make sense because I like natto, which is essentially mouldy beans (offtopic: any fellow natto-lovers? :D).

Argh! It told me I had to wait longer to post, so I posted again. And now this will automerge into the post and turn it into a big mess :(

edit.gif

Wensleydale - like a million soft and creamy people having sweet passionate sex on my tongue.

Pecorino - So saltily gratifying and sharp.

Edam - Yes.

These are but a few of my favourite things. *thinks of Swiss alps, dairy*

Mozzarella may be one of those fake cheeses

I beg for fucking pardon?

Keep your faux-mozzarella, but don't you dare blacken the name of the godly mozzarella di bufala. :love:

Lower down the scale (mainly as there's nothing above real mozzarella), Cheddar is a nice reliable on, but it's got to be strong! The further west you go, the better it gets (ie Canadian > Irish > West Country > other). Dutch cheese is also very nice, and, on the less classy side of things, this deserves a mention:

PrimulaCheese.jpg

Fake as hell, but divine on toast!

Edited by The fish

No fair. This thread made want cheese but all I have is an ounce or two of slightly moldy Kraft cheddar. I'll just have to make do with this until I can get some proper cheese.

Mozzarella may be one of those fake cheeses

Mozzarella is most definitely a real cheese; at least proper mozzarella is. There is just no comparison between fresh mozzarella and the lame rubbery low moisture mozzarella that you find with the rest of your common brand cheeses. Surely you must be referring to the latter as fake.

Keep your faux-mozzarella, but don't you dare blacken the name of the godly mozzarella di bufala. :love:

Unfortunately, I've never been able to find buffalo's milk mozzarella around here. Is it that much better than cow's milk mozzarella?