NEurope
Ashley

Girls (and Boys) on Film

Today I was edited some random thing we shot last week to experiment with filming and editing and I 'acted' (I say 'acted' not because I was badly acting, but rather because I was playing a self-absorbed sociopath...) in it. Looking/listening to myself on screen today was painful. Just...don't like it. Plus I had this weird red patch on the back of my neck.

So yourselves, how do you feel about photos/films being taken?

Obviously doesn't apply to ReZ.

Photos of me have a 50% of being disgusting.

I hate seeing myself on film unless it's on my own terms. I'm going to be in my current film project (dressed as a girl at one point...). But if it's in a role, in a way that I've directed, that's fine. But in home videos - ugh. But I've gone on about my self-image before.

I never see myself on film. I don't mind being in pictures. There has to be bad pictures for there to be good pictures, and I find good pictures eventually, which makes me forget all about the bad ones.

I never untag myself. If it looks horrendous then, hey! It's because I look horrendous. Only really been in one 'film' - studentcooking.tv filming me and my juggling friends juggle some food. I remember at the time dreading the outcome, but in the end it wasn't that bad at all.

It does annoy me when people are taking pics/filming me on the street, like I'm in the background or whatevs.

But yeah - never understood untagging. You think that removing those pics will mean that those angles of your face are suddenly removed from people's memories? That is who you are. Live with it. Everyone else does! Untagging just loses memories.

I photograph really really badly, or at least, I fucking hope I do, because if most of the photos of me are any indication of what I actually look like, I should have neutered myself long ago. Never been on film.

The worst though, is hearing recordings of myself speaking, I hate my voice, because it seems so alien. SO EMBARRASSING.

God I hate pictures/films of myself. I usually end up looking like a dork / an ugly. Or just pulling weird faces. =P

Here's the last one that was taken of me, last week in a school where I went to help out. Photo taken at the wrong time... I was talking about Star Wars to the boy, and forgot Palpatine's name so said "Is it the one with the scary face?" and pulled a face haha.

P1020270.jpg

But yeah - never understood untagging. You think that removing those pics will mean that those angles of your face are suddenly removed from people's memories? That is who you are. Live with it. Everyone else does! Untagging just loses memories.

Photographs are never ever, ever, heheheevvver (imagine me elongating every syllable in that word) an accurate representation of what you look like for the following reasons:

1. Its a snapshot in time, of a structure that is constructed for movement, so evidently there are bound to be moments where it aligns its self in such a way as to look distinctly awkward.

2. Flash photography is completely the antithetical to how the human eye sees, because a flash causes everything that it falls upon to fall into focus, and by doing so, our perception of depth and contrast is destroyed, robbing whatever you're looking at of a large constituent of its personality.

I'm sorry. I'm just weird about photographs.

No dude, I get you. We don't see in photograph, do we? which is why nobody should untag themselves. For shame.

No dude, I get you. We don't see in photograph, do we? which is why nobody should untag themselves. For shame.

Dude, you ever been on a night out to some shitty club? I assure you, there are people that see only in photographs :heh:

Besides, some people are self conscious to the point that they don't want others to see what they think is an inaccurate representation of themselves.

I kinda agree though, don't think I've ever untagged more than one pic (which was of things that should never be put on an environment consisting of your close friends..). Depends how hideous you are. Nobody wants to see ReZ pop up on their news feed. =p

I kid thee, ReZworth.

I prefer videos of myself to photographs. In a video there is a good chance that there will be a section I look decent in whereas in a photo it's either good or bad.

I sometimes watch ANTM so I know all the ways to work it!

tyra-banks.jpg

Being serious for a minute though, I usually dislike myself on camera. I've accepted my awkward posture but I can't stand my voice :hmm: It really bugs me.

Pictures I don't mind as much but I'm usually not very photographable. No matter how well my self-esteem is, I know that I don't photograph well.

I prefer videos of myself to photographs. In a video there is a good chance that there will be a section I look decent in whereas in a photo it's either good or bad.

Indeed. Like said above, photographs are only snapshots of movement, light etc, hence the weirdness. I mean even normal speech can look pretty stupid, if you start going through it frame by frame...Hence why not shoot video instead?

As for photos, my usual strategy has been to strike a pose of some kind...like raising one eyebrow. Smiling deliberately feels just fake and wrong...

I sometimes watch ANTM so I know all the ways to work it!

tyra-banks.jpg

Being serious for a minute though, I usually dislike myself on camera. I've accepted my awkward posture but I can't stand my voice :hmm: It really bugs me.

Pictures I don't mind as much but I'm usually not very photographable. No matter how well my self-esteem is, I know that I don't photograph well.

Fierce! :p

I like taking self-portraits and I don't mind pictures being taken of me in general, but videos are bad because I hate how my voice sounds. Somehow it's different from hearing it as I speak...

Fierce! :p

I like taking self-portraits and I don't mind pictures being taken of me in general, but videos are bad because I hate how my voice sounds. Somehow it's different from hearing it as I speak...

Yeah your voice sucks. Jk I have the typical Dublin accent and it really comes through in video, it's not how I hear it though in real life::shrug:

Don't forget to wave your index finger back and forth (not your hair) when you say it :p

I don't mind personally. As long as I look decent and as long as I don't look weird, I'm not bothered. The only photos I don't like are ones of me when I was younger (10-13) and there was one at Prom where I looked like I broke out in spots and my jaw was dislocated or something.

Other than that, whatever...

Oh, I don't mind videos.

Everybody's voice sounds different to how they hear it in their head. Same with how eating toast sounds different in your head than it does to hear someone else eat toast. The sound is going around your head and stuff.

I'm very disappointed by my actual voice.

P1020270.jpg

I love that picture. Hahahah.

Photos are important to me. It's cheesy as hell, but it is a way of capturing that moment in time. Pretty much what the Bard was saying. I like looking back at pictures and knowing what I was feeling at that moment in time.

I do look very stupid in 99% of the ones I'm in, though. I blink at the wrong times, pull daft faces and awkward expressions. But, then again, that is me. So, I guess it captures me perfectly.

n505083584_1858368_2014782.jpg

This was me about a year and a half ago. I was a bit tipsy at the time, but very happy.

Everybody's voice sounds different to how they hear it in their head. Same with how eating toast sounds different in your head than it does to hear someone else eat toast. The sound is going around your head and stuff.

I'm very disappointed by my actual voice.

I can totally relate to that. I don't like my voice either. I sound different in my head but when I hear it back, I think I sound irritating. :hmm:

It's not that it'll erase it from the memories from those who have seen it. People of the world untag because it removes the potential for it be in others' memories.