Charlie

Diageo

Peeps

Flameboy

Mike1988uk

mundi

Haden

There's alwys space!

I fucking love Chess. Had some great games with Ine last year, in her garden and on her trampoline.

I haven't got time to play at the moment though. Things are very busy and I'm barely finding time to even come on here. After the next few weeks, I could probably be able to give a tournament a go, although I bet I would suck arse compared to proper Chess demons.

I fucking love Chess. Had some great games with Ine last year on her trampoline.

Extreme chess ftw

Don't forget me! Seriously, don't! I haven't played chess with a worthwhile opponent in years!

That said, do we really have to create an account for this Yahoo Chess thingamajig?

I don't know another option. Facebook's chess.com account is pretty good. You can just join the chess.com website if you wish? If you can find a decent chess game client then go ahead :) I'm sure there's something out there.

You could go down the insane route and have like...Chess meet-ups across the country. Nay, Europe.

Yahoo will be fine.

This thread reminds me that I need to move my chess sets into my new place. I have a lovely Marble Set from Saudi Arabia. Smells like victory.

I don't know another option. Facebook's chess.com account is pretty good. You can just join the chess.com website if you wish? If you can find a decent chess game client then go ahead :) I'm sure there's something out there.

It's not a problem, really. I'll create an account and use it solely for this(these) tournament(s)

P.S.: I may say "Roque", instead of "Castling".

Or "Horse" instead of "Knight"

Or "Tower" instead of "Rook"

I like PT names better, really. I'll try to adapt, but if I end up using any of the above by accident, now you know.

Me and my older sister were East Renfrewshire County champions in male and female Chess championships back in the day.

Well I'm expecting to come dead last in this lol. I haven't played in a long time but when I did used to play with my dad it would never be serious. I don't even think more than 1 move ahead.

But fun is fun

jayseven

cube

Charlie

Diageo

Peeps

Flameboy

Mike1988uk

mundi

Haden

Jonnas

R_A

11 playahs! I'm online all night. if anyone wants a game on facebook/yahoo then post in here/pm me and consider it a practice :) I can draw up a tournament, but it would mean 4 people would have to play 4 rounds instead of 3. Unless we can get 5 more people!

I wouldn't mind playing against you guys (in case you need an easy victory :heh:), but I'm not really in the mood for a tournament. I have a profile on Chess.com if somebody wants to play. :)

P.S.: I may say "Roque", instead of "Castling".

Or "Horse" instead of "Knight"

Or "Tower" instead of "Rook"

I like PT names better, really. I'll try to adapt, but if I end up using any of the above by accident, now you know.

PT names?

Having played chess since I was tiny I what all of their names actually are but I've always called them as follows because I didn't used to know their names:

Knight = Horse

Rook = Castle

Bishop = Diagonal thing

Eenuh; the piece names confused me for ages :) Castle/rook is the only one with duality issues, and the knight/horse... well if you refer to it as a horse then everyone knows which piece you mean!

I'm going to consider the current players to be;

jayseven

cube

Eenuh?

Diageo

Peeps

:)

I'll join. I rarely get beaten at chess but I probably just played crap people:)

jayseven

cube

Charlie

Diageo

Peeps

Flameboy

Mike1988uk

mundi

Haden

Jonnas

R_A

MCJ Metroid

Supergrunch

Wooooop

Edited by jayseven

Gah... hate most cheeses. I quite like soft flavoured cheeses, like mozarella and emmental, but strong cheeses??? Immediate gag reflex!

I don't have Mike on Facebook, though. But you and I could grab a game sometime. :)

If you don't mind i can add u if u want so we can play chess sometime as well!?