NEurope
jayseven

Chess

Looks surreal seeing it from the other side.

I like how the game started calm and relatively bloodless and then went into a bloody massacre that ended with both of us having 4-5 units left at the end of game.

And I would've gotten away with it, too if it wasn't for those meddling rooks.

nxe6 would either make it a queen exchange, or a night's sacrifice but white queen survives moving to d4! Black would then have to either sacrifice white bishop or a white pawn. Queen would then have more room to move and could potentially make up the material difference, but white's under-developed comparatively!

Edit; mmm no, black would play e5 after the white queen moves :)

OK i've won my own with the Peeps anyway. Put me through to next round in tornament or whatever :)

Good game it was too

And I would've gotten away with it, too if it wasn't for those meddling rooks.

Tat was me challenging you on chess.com by the way. I'm Mikey

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but with the chess.com app, you can both choose to play either on the main site or via facebook. It makes no diff whatsoever -- except facebook has more distractions. The chat on fb is, surprisingly, superior.

Diageo - Murray

jayseven - supergrunch

Jonnas - mundi

Haden - mike1988uk

Charlie - cube

Dwarf gourami - Raining_Again

Flameboy - Mcphee

Peeps - mcj metroid

mcj you'll play the winner of mcphee/flameboy. Some day.

It's friday night! So that means I'm all alone and stuff. Who fancies a game? Anyone? I've got a tab on chess.com open - add jayseven as your friend and we'll get a game chugging along.

I'm up for a game if you fancy an easy victory. I only ask that you do not laugh too loudly at the mistakes I'm going to make. :heh:

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but with the chess.com app, you can both choose to play either on the main site or via facebook. It makes no diff whatsoever -- except facebook has more distractions. The chat on fb is, surprisingly, superior.

Diageo - Murray

jayseven - supergrunch

Jonnas - mundi

Haden - mike1988uk

Charlie - cube

Dwarf gourami - Raining_Again

Flameboy - Mcphee

Peeps - mcj metroid

mcj you'll play the winner of mcphee/flameboy. Some day.

This happened.

----

Not that I want it back or anything. I realised when I said I was good at chess that I didn't actually mean good. I meant that I knew the rules, which is one of the few reasons why I won at school.

When I played Jay ages back it became apparent I knew jack shit.

Surely if you play completely randomly against an experienced chess player then you'll completely confuse him as he won't be able to predict your movements?

When I played Jay ages back it became apparent I knew jack shit.

I thought i was pretty decent at Chess as well... until i played Jay! He has kicked my arse everytime! There was even one match where he won in a few moves!!

I need to have a rematch with him again sometime so he can kick my ass once more...

Ours went on for ages, down to Kings pawns and a rook each I think. Or sommat similar.

Difference was my move time was much longer and he had a plan.

Surely if you play completely randomly against an experienced chess player then you'll completely confuse him as he won't be able to predict your movements?

A competent Chess player sees this as a free pass to whatever they like. Not to mention, Jay plays really well defensively (ok, really well for me, at least :heh:), which means any random attack will be severely punished.

I'd confidently say my game's improved since this thread was first made :) I do tend to have good and bad phases - currently trying out an opening which has worked really well so far. Anyone want a game just join/log in to chess.com and search for jayseven!

Completely forgot about this.. Come on guys.. finish your games I've been waiting patiently for 6 months for this moment :)

^ I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for Raining to log into Chess.com, but each day bears with it a crushing absence of pathetic fallacy.

I got challenged to a game of shot-chess by a pretty girl the other day, so I need to practice. Unfortunately my internet access is limited at the moment, but when possible I may look into using that website.

I got challenged to a game of shot-chess by a pretty girl the other day, so I need to practice. Unfortunately my internet access is limited at the moment, but when possible I may look into using that website.

Shot-chess? haha I played that one, I had to be carried home even though I won haha We kinda made up our rules though, how do ye play it? :)

Shot-chess? haha I played that one, I had to be carried home even though I won haha We kinda made up our rules though, how do ye play it? :)

The version I know simply has each piece correspond to a shot of appropriate alcohol content. Each time you lose a piece, you drink the corresponding shot. Obviously the king corresponds to the strongest shot.

Anyone else pumped for the Carlsen vs Anand world championship? (Doesn't start til next Monday, but still)

I didn't realise it had come round again already! Been out of touch with chess. Carlsen won fairly easily against the then-world champion Anand, and this year as far as I've been aware Anand's slipped down the rankings. Because it's not a match of world #1 vs world #2, Anand managed to win the challenger's tournament, and as such I think Carlsen is probably happier to play him than aronian. Last year I managed to watch quite a few games live, so I'll probably try and do it again this year!