NEurope
Murr

Things you want to do / see before you die?

bit of a cryptic thread title, but it's meant to be a more happy thread,

Simple really, what things do you want to do / see before you die (and for this thread lets say that ...

A) - The world doesn't end in 2012

B) - You'll all live to you're 90 )

For me I just want to do alot of travelling / Site seeing in the United States. Not everyone's idea of travelling, but there is so much i'd like to see over there. and I've never been :(

Obviously my want is do-able to a certain extent, but i'd imagine some of you guys have aspirations that are slightly harder to achieve but all the same would like to do before your time is up.

please enlighten us...

I would like to visit Florida (Disneyland/Universal and all those) and explore New Zealand.

I want to produce/direct/make/have some sort of creative control over a film in which I get to do stuff I want and love, and that goes out to the public.

After that I will begin work on the Power Rangers reboot movie (...with Rez...).

I want to experience all the technology, like future games consoles, future Zeldas and Dragon Quests. Sad, I know, but I'm totally happy as I am.

I would love to attain a dan degree in karate. It's ambitious, I know, and I wouldn't be devastated if I never made it, but I'd love to.

Actually get proper piano lessons and become, possibly, classically trained.

I don't think I honestly have much plans but I see myself as a fairly creative person so I'd love to create some art, compose some music, have professional photography etc. that gets even a little noticed.

I'm just hoping for some good, non-sheltered, "condomless" experiences in life.

One can dream :rolleyes:

Edit: Also I think it's suitable to say that I really don't want to wait for things/opportunities to come to me. I just want to go for it and do it. A girl in my village died over the weekend who was just 16. I didn't know her all that well but it does make you think and actually do what you want to do before it's over.

Edited by Frank

I would like to take that unecessary apostrophe out of your thread title.

Sweet, I did it!

Guess I need something else... umm...

Skydive :)

shuttlelaunch.jpg

OK, so it seems NASA has added another Shuttle Launch (which will now be the last) aimed at June 28th. I think I'm gonna try and do as much as I can to aim to go and see this.

Edited by Retro_Link

I want to live & work in Cologne, Munich, Rome and New York City at various points in my life. I want to go finally graduate with a degree in a subject I enjoy (probably History).

shuttlelaunch.jpg

OK, so it seems Nasa has added another Shuttle Launch (which will now be the last) aimed at June 28th. I think I'm gonna try and do as much as I can to aim to go and see this.

I didn't see it up close, but when I was in Florida in 2005, I (and everyone else) turned to look up at a shuttle being launched into space. Very unique sight, even from far away. Apparently it was so monumental since it was the first since that one that burned up in 2003 or something?

Travel to see:

Russia

China

Japan

Australia

Canada

Most of Europe

Also get to lead artist in gaming/film. That'd be sweet, but I'm sort of on a lifetime thing for that one. Might take me a while.

Set up and run my own business. Ideally a successful one that allows me to buy a Ferrari in cash at some point.

I would like to see attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

Watch C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.

Even though all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Actually get proper piano lessons and become, possibly, classically trained.

I don't think I honestly have much plans but I see myself as a fairly creative person so I'd love to create some art, compose some music, have professional photography etc. that gets even a little noticed.

Have I just looked into the mirror? :laughing:

No seriously though, minus the photography part and add in a few other things.

Before Beverage has evaporated he must accomplish the following:

*please note that this list is indeed set in a specific order*

1. On SSBB (or any Super Smash Bros. title), put 'SPROUT' to bed, make his bed rock, read him a bed time story and then turn his lights off.

2. Become the N-E MARIOKART Champ' for 3 years in a row with nobody ever defeating me points-wise or the time I'd of remained crowned.

3. See all of the NARUTO episodes (THIS IS A COMPLETE MUST!!!)

4. When alliens come to invade and put an end to this world, I want to be the one that makes an alliance with Shigeru Miyamoto and challenge all those horrible aliens to a game of Conduit (Beverage & SM vs 10 Aliens). Shigeru would get owned but I would defeat them all. They would now have to leave Earth having lost the challenge, however, they would want to take something of equal value of the Earth to make them satisfied. And that's when The Hero known as Beverage the Gamer would die before the whole worlds eyes. Everyone on this planet would weep blood and acknowledge the birth of world peace. Everyone would request a game based off of the true story from Shigeru-San, and that would become the highest ever selling game on ALL consoles.

This, my fellow humans, is Beverage' Destiny... Fate, even. : peace:

Recently I've developed a great liking for the violin. If I could learn to play the violin before I die, I'd be able to die just a bit happier.

Recently I've developed a great liking for the violin. If I could learn to play the violin before I die, I'd be able to die just a bit happier.

I wanted to learn to play the violin when I was little. Bit sad that I never did, but then again I did art instead, which turned out to be my kind of thing.

As for me, I'd like to visit different places in the world. And go to Disneyworld in the States. And release at least one (but preferably more) illustrated books. Then I'll be happy, until I can think of a new goal to aim for.

I want to fulfil my potential to be awesome. And make money doing it.

Pretty much;

Step 1: Do something

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit!!!

... situation that I find myself in.

I would love to attain a dan degree in karate. It's ambitious, I know, and I wouldn't be devastated if I never made it, but I'd love to.

Why ambitious? Or a specific dan grade? Start now, you could be 1st dan within less than 5 years!

Personally, I'd probably want to die before then. I'm not sure I'd like to last to 90, unless I was wholly healthy with faculties intact.

Jay I think I know what Step 2 is...

Step 2: Carry on doing something.

Keep at something :p Eventually it should reward you!

I want to:

• See a live NFL game
  • See a live Baseball game
  • Learn to play the guitar
  • Become fluent-esque in Spanish
  • Marry!

These are accomplishable things :)

Go back to Canada

Learn some Spanish

See Machu Pichu

Spend a year teaching English in a foreign country (Either Vietnam or Hong Kong)

Spend at least a year preferably more in Australia

Plans are afoot for all of these though.

Why ambitious? Or a specific dan grade? Start now, you could be 1st dan within less than 5 years!

Personally, I'd probably want to die before then. I'm not sure I'd like to last to 90, unless I was wholly healthy with faculties intact.

The time it takes to reach a dan degree is heavily dependent on the style you're practising, though. But yeah, as with learning to play the violin, it's something that's entirely achievable, but ambitious for me at the moment due to my current life plans.

Spend a year teaching English in a foreign country (Either Vietnam or Hong Kong)

For either of them you'll need a degree for visa reasons. You don't need a CELTA/Cert.TESOL for either visa, but any school which doesn't need one is going to be shite.

It does lead to an unusual situation in which according to the Vietnamese authorities, my art history-graduate of a sister is apparently qualified to teach English as a foreign language whilst I, a Trinity Cert.TESOL holder, am not.

I'm not at all bitter. Or incredibly pissed off.