NEurope
Mokong

Snowing

Dare I brave this to go for one final present-shopping expedition before I travel home?

I'm not too daunted by the continual blizzard (you can't see it in my classy webcam pic, but it's still snowing), as I had to trudge through something similar last night to my exam. I think the buses are buggered up so I'll have to walk 40mins both ways, but I like walking so it's ok. I think I'll go.

21122010.jpg

If its not slippy then go for it! Nice walk in the snow can be refreshing and possibly good for pores?

I'm supposed to be flying to LA from Heathrow on Saturday :(

Best of luck for you mate. Widespread ice and heavy snow is still predicted up 'til friday. My dad's spent £170 and 15 hours getting to and from Heathrow for a flight that was eventually cancelled.

If its not slippy then go for it! Nice walk in the snow can be refreshing and possibly good for pores?

I've heard of people falling, but I have epoxy-reinforced (i.e. dodgily repaired) boots to stomp around in so hopefully won't slip. I get warmer walking around outside than sitting in my room with no heating too. Just finished preparing my pores for the snow~**~~*~ I'm off!

I'm supposed to be flying to LA from Heathrow on Saturday :(

You'll be alright, my mate managed to get across the pond from Heathrow yesterday.

I was jogging yesterday, not going out jogging but because walking is too slow, and on turning a corner I slipped. I didn't hit the ground because I tried to stay up but my right leg bent in a weird position and my knee twisted and was sore for 10 minutes. I was expecting it to hurt today but it's all good. I still have one final exam tomorrow though :(

Just checked the updates site and they are postponed until January 18th :D

Edited by heroicjanitor

I was jogging yesterday, not going out jogging but because walking is too slow, and on turning a corner I slipped. I didn't hit the ground because I tried to stay up but my right leg bent in a weird position and my knee twisted and was sore for 10 minutes. I was expecting it to hurt today but it's all good. I still have one final exam tomorrow though :(

Just checked the updates site and they are postponed until January 18th :D

I went on a epic 2 hour walk yesterday to the not-so local retail park to finish my christmas shopping and it would appear that I did some how damage my knee. It started to ache like **** yesterday at work and now I'm limping. :(

Probably strained the bastard walking up a snowy/icey hill.

The snow is so beautiful out here.

I don't even have boots and I haven't injured myself in the snow. The icy bits are great fun to skate around the place on. One day coming back from college, one of my friends got stuck on the other side of the path, and couldn't get back to the grassy side to walk on. So I had to go and rescue her. Was hilarious.

I don't mind the snow outside, it is pretty neat walking in it. But i happen to live in a town of idiots. They either clean the snow off the path outside the house, and don't grit it. Or they grit the path without clearing the snow. Either way the path(s) turn to ice-rinks, making walking even more dangerous. At least the main roads are clear, which means walking in them to get to the village.

Still no oil delivery for us here yet, tank is getting very low. We might have a problem if it runs out before we get more oil as that can mess up your boiler so then we'd have to get an engineer out to fix that. I really hope it comes soon, im getting sick of only putting the heating on twice a day.

Some snaps from my area

20122010183.jpg

20122010182.jpg

18122010180.jpg

18122010179.jpg

18122010178.jpg

It's pretty bad, but at least the main roads are open. Which is good.

What's my drive from heathrow to Birmingham likely to be like tomorrow? Am I going to crash?

What's my drive from heathrow to Birmingham likely to be like tomorrow? Am I going to crash?

If you stick to the motorway and main roads, it should be fine.

I'm in Birmingham,

They have forecast for between 10cm-25cms of snow to hit the West Midlands between 03.00am and 10.00am (22nd Dec).

I took a drive around two days ago in the evening and it wasn't fun. None of the roads seems to have been gritted pre snowfall so everything is just a slushy brown snowy/ice mess.

Just take it slow and stick to your lower gears and you should be fine.

Edited by Gentleben

Crikey that sounds fun, last year the lotus was good in the snow but I'm not sure it can cope with that.

I've got a journey from Newport (South Wales) to Bournemouth on Sunday (Boxing Day) and will then be going to London later that day via the National Express.

I'm a bit weary about it, as the snow here is quite thick. Basically, if I looked out of my window, I couldn't tell you what is the kerb and what is the road, and I live just off one of the main roads about 3 minutes from the town centre.

I keep looking at the weather forecast and there's no more snow scheduled for here, but I dunno. We're scheduled to even get into the positive numbers on Thursday! But, that's not going to help the roads? I can't see the snow going...

Just take it slow and stick to your lower gears and you should be fine.

I was always under the impression that in snow you should drive in high gears with low revs, that way you can gear down to break instead of having to break as heavy, non?

Me being the total driving pussy I am, I've not been out in my motor since Saturday. No real need so I've not risked it.

And I'm down the road and its not so bad. Most of the main roads are clear due to being used so much (just with slush) so as long as you take it steady it'll be fine. Hell, I walked down Park Road yesterday just because its so much easier than walking on the pavement.

Can't speak for the rest of the route obviously but that home stretch should be fine :p

Wait your post was posted today and you said "my drive tomorrow" but according to Twitter you're already back. Time zone mind fuck!

Edited by Ashley

Naughty time zones. The vast majority of my drive was clear, And the snow near my house was fine, enjoyable drive all in. Looking forward to getting out in it again tomorrow.