NEurope
Mokong

Snowing

Currently being hammered with snow here. May venture out and explore the winter wonderland. Pics may follow. That or news of my icy death.

Feel sorry for my dad at the moment. Hes supposed to be going on holiday tomorrow to New Zealand for xmas then onto Australia for New Years, think hes leaving from Heathrow or Gatwick so its gonna be touch and go.

If he's leaving from Heathrow, should be ok as that airport is still open. Gatwick is closed.

Ah I hope the snow is gone next week! I'm supposed to be taking the Eurostar into London. At the moment they're still going but there's 1 hour delays going on. Boooh.

As for here, everything is white. I had to walk through heavy snowfall on Thursday evening. I was completely soaked and freezing, and completely white from snow too. And no way to change clothes either, haha. Not fun. =P

We only have a thin layer of snow here, but we have some friends in the other end of Denmark on the small island Bornholm (which is almost behind Sweden) who are literally covered in snow. Their whole infrastructure has pretty much been down for the past two weeks!

Another snow complaint I just remembered. We're running very low on oil and are waiting for a delivery which hasnt arrived yet so we're not using the heating as much to conserve the remaining oil. I are very cold at the moment. Thankfully ive just been reminded that we have an electric heater I can plug in, just wish id been told that sooner!

Jimbob; Heathrow's currently closed 'til 4pm clearing the snow. No flights 'til 5pm. My dad's got a flight at 9pm or something and he has no choice but to head to the airport in an hour and just have a boring, stressful day waiting around.

Talking of flights my mate is going away for Christmas on Monday, hope it clears up for him by then.

We've had about 35cm fall here today I reckon, pretty crazy!!

I had to shovel an area of the garden clear for my dog, as it's pretty much the same height as her!

Not sure how things are gonna go over the next couple of days, but work is looking pretty unlikely monday morning at the moment!

Oof, lots of snow today! It just kept coming down. Had to walk home from work and my feet just completely disappeared in the snow haha.

Transportation is getting a bit of a problem right now I think. Roads are just covered in snow and buses and trucks can't get up hills. Bit of a problem for our work, they have to cancel lots of deliveries.

Still hope the snow clears up by next week. Currently the Eurostar is taking 2 hours more to get to London, and some are getting cancelled. Don't want my train to be cancelled next week. D:

Oof, lots of snow today! It just kept coming down. Had to walk home from work and my feet just completely disappeared in the snow haha.

Transportation is getting a bit of a problem right now I think. Roads are just covered in snow and buses and trucks can't get up hills. Bit of a problem for our work, they have to cancel lots of deliveries.

Still hope the snow clears up by next week. Currently the Eurostar is taking 2 hours more to get to London, and some are getting cancelled. Don't want my train to be cancelled next week. D:

The major airports are re-opening tomorrow fully (thats the intention), but if they are clearing it this method then don't hold hopes.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=wbt.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

So, if the airports are re-opening then the trains should be ok.

My dad's flight was cancelled yesterday. His holiday is totally fucked up and it's not looking likely that he'll be able to go at all. Flights will be refunded but all the bookings he made in india will retain their deposits so he's still going to be out a lot of money.

And it means I don't have a free house at all :(

My dad's flight was cancelled yesterday. His holiday is totally fucked up and it's not looking likely that he'll be able to go at all. Flights will be refunded but all the bookings he made in india will retain their deposits so he's still going to be out a lot of money.

And it means I don't have a free house at all :(

Oh man that reminds me, I have a friend who is supposed to be coming back from India. I think that's today (but may be wrong). Hmm hope she can come back without problems, but I kinda doubt it. =/

If my mam starts working at home again because of this, I will be extremely unhappy.

162597_10150340729770581_509970580_16257966_2513762_n.jpg

165686_10150340730480581_509970580_16257979_4815888_n.jpg

63463_10150340730645581_509970580_16257982_2555784_n.jpg

163880_10150340731120581_509970580_16258003_5311399_n.jpg

163725_10150340732925581_509970580_16258061_3035338_n.jpg

If ever I've seen anything that proves Sergei Eisenstein's ideas this is it.

The major airports are re-opening tomorrow fully (thats the intention), but if they are clearing it this method then don't hold hopes.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=wbt.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

So, if the airports are re-opening then the trains should be ok.

That is awesome. Is that a photograph? Looks photoshopped. Awesome.

My friend's flight to Amsterdam was cancelled. On a less important note, I can't be bothered to do anything worthwhile, including christmas shopping ect.

However, more proof that snow is awesome:

36250_10150345684670691_669125690_16537456_5385972_n.jpg

65806_10150345685005691_669125690_16537470_816248_n.jpg

157079_10150345689075691_669125690_16537582_2445756_n.jpg

162735_10150365738080601_670565600_16491332_2467073_n.jpg

Snow is awesome. I totally didn't have to go to work today and I'm quietly confident I won't tomorrow. One of my cars is too low to get over the snow and the other one doesn't work. Excellent.

Also, I knew there was a reason I purchased snowboarding trousers years ago. I sure as hell didn't use them for snowboarding. Keeping nice and warm (and smug) in the cold weather now.

I had intended to return to the motherland for Christmas, but Mrs Scrooge guilted me into staying here. In a way, I'm glad I did because I'd probably be stuck in Frankfurt now desperately trying to get a train to GDN and then to Ashford.

Still, I would rather be with my (English) family than stuck here in Shanghai.

It snowed last week, and the whole of the Chinese nation were like "WTF?! Frozen skywater!? What do we dowhatdowedowhatdowedo?!?!"

And then the CCP were all like "It's the fault of the Imperialists because of the Opium War and everybody hates China."

After not having had much snow for a while now, we suddenly had almost a snow storm in my part of Denmark this evening. I've just been looking out at a thick layer of pure, undisturbed snow which is lit by bright moonshine. Simply beautiful. I tried taking pictures, but it proved impossible to catch the beauty of the moonlight.

Snow is fucking my life up right now.

- Can't pick up my car yet.

- Was going to see sister and grandparents today.

- Was going to see dad on Saturday

- Got working interview tomorrow, will probably have to worry about taxi/walk/take spare shoes/just adds stress to the whole matter.

- Friend was supposed to come round yesterday to edit a wedding video/montage with me, I thus don't really know what he wants exactly.

Its annoying now. Snowman get though.

We haven't had snow here for about a week now, it pissed it down Wed night and tried snowing the next day but ground was too wet to settle. Since then it's just been a big freeze with frost covering everything.