NEurope
Mokong

Snowing

The sky/fairies have listened to my wishes. It's been giving it some zest for a few hours now. May be some potential for another Snowman Orgy.

Man its insane here, the roads are deadly! I turned into the multi storey carpark today and completely lost all grip on the road... yay. Less scary than I thought it would be haha

There's not even that much snow here, its just where its not been driven through much.

And now its snowing again.... b00

Any Skiers or Snowboarders should check this out, it's a great slope in cumbria and look at the snow report webcam that fence is pretty big and it's almost to the top!!

http://www.yadmoss.co.uk/

latest.jpg

Looks like the soft stuff is falling now instead of those little pellets of snow.

Spent ages yesterday having a snowball fight with the local kids, one kept running to about 3 feet from me and shouting she won knowing I couldn't return fire at her the little shit :laughing: Was mainly lobbing it loosely packed over cars to land on their heads. Then it upgraded to having a proper trying to take someone's head off fight with my friends. After a while we started throwing them at strangers who were going past and everyone took it really well, at one stage we threw them at say 5 guys at once and they all rallied together to fight back, it was awesome :santa:

Got this a few moments ago from Royal Mail:

Mail collection, distribution, processing and deliveries are taking place across much of the UK today. However, snow and icy conditions are impacting on our ability to operate normal services in a number of areas. Mail services in Scotland, Northern England, parts of South West, South East and Wales continue to be the most affected by the current weather conditions.

We have contingency plans in operation to keep mail moving and minimise disruption wherever possible. Our managers are regularly reviewing local weather conditions and we are committed to maintaining services to customers wherever possible. In these extreme conditions the safety our people is our number one priority. We're sorry there may be a small, unavoidable delay to items posted in and out of those areas in which the severe weather conditions persist.

London

SW & SE

SW & SE

South East & East Anglia

WD, SS, RM, PE, CM, IG, DA1-18, BR, SN, CR, RH, BN, TN, CT, ME & GU

WD, SS, RM, PE, CM, DA1-18 & IG

South West

DT, BH, PO, SO, SP & TR

DT, BH, PO, SO, SP & TR

North of England

CA, BB, SK, L, M CW, S

CA, DN, LN, S & SK

Scotland

G

ML

DG11 & DG13

EH1-17,EH18-55

DD1-11

PH

TD1-14

FK

KY

AB10-16, 21-25, 30-35, 41-43, 45, 51, 53-56

ZE

KW1-13, KW15-17

IV1-5, 8-13, 17-22, 24, 28, 30, 36, 40, 42-43, 45-49, 51, 54-55 & 63

G, PA, KA, DG, EH, DD, PH, TD, FK, KY, AB, ZE, IV

Wales

LL, TF, SY & LD

LL, TF, SY & LD

Midlands

NG, DE and Worcester

NG, DE and Worcester

Delivery of mail

Deliveries are taking place in most parts of the UK today. In some parts of the country, particularly rural areas, snow and ice is making roads and pavements difficult or unsafe. Where this is the case, we are continuing to review the situation locally and will resume deliveries to customers as soon as we can safely do so. Volumes of mail and delivery times may be lighter and later during this period.

Got this a few moments ago from Royal Mail:

Mail collection, distribution, processing and deliveries are taking place across much of the UK today. However, snow and icy conditions are impacting on our ability to operate normal services in a number of areas. Mail services in Scotland, Northern England, parts of South West, South East and Wales continue to be the most affected by the current weather conditions.

We have contingency plans in operation to keep mail moving and minimise disruption wherever possible. Our managers are regularly reviewing local weather conditions and we are committed to maintaining services to customers wherever possible. In these extreme conditions the safety our people is our number one priority. We're sorry there may be a small, unavoidable delay to items posted in and out of those areas in which the severe weather conditions persist.

London

SW & SE

SW & SE

South East & East Anglia

WD, SS, RM, PE, CM, IG, DA1-18, BR, SN, CR, RH, BN, TN, CT, ME & GU

WD, SS, RM, PE, CM, DA1-18 & IG

South West

DT, BH, PO, SO, SP & TR

DT, BH, PO, SO, SP & TR

North of England

CA, BB, SK, L, M CW, S

CA, DN, LN, S & SK

Scotland

G

ML

DG11 & DG13

EH1-17,EH18-55

DD1-11

PH

TD1-14

FK

KY

AB10-16, 21-25, 30-35, 41-43, 45, 51, 53-56

ZE

KW1-13, KW15-17

IV1-5, 8-13, 17-22, 24, 28, 30, 36, 40, 42-43, 45-49, 51, 54-55 & 63

G, PA, KA, DG, EH, DD, PH, TD, FK, KY, AB, ZE, IV

Wales

LL, TF, SY & LD

LL, TF, SY & LD

Midlands

NG, DE and Worcester

NG, DE and Worcester

Delivery of mail

Deliveries are taking place in most parts of the UK today. In some parts of the country, particularly rural areas, snow and ice is making roads and pavements difficult or unsafe. Where this is the case, we are continuing to review the situation locally and will resume deliveries to customers as soon as we can safely do so. Volumes of mail and delivery times may be lighter and later during this period.

Nooo...that means I may not get Donkey Kong Country tomorrow ;;

I've not had any post all week, I'm not surprised my road is ridiculously full of snow!

SK

Arse. That's why I've not been getting any post then. It's not that bad round here either.

Completely have to post this video again after watching tonight's news though. It's still relevant, a year later.

Arse. That's why I've not been getting any post then. It's not that bad round here either.

Completely have to post this video again after watching tonight's news though. It's still relevant, a year later.

Ha, I recognise the Dublin correspondent's clip. Looked sore...

Other countries can cope with the snow, and don't shut down when it falls from the sky. Why does Britain shut down??. Yes, we are not used to it compared to countries like Germany, Canada, America and Russia. I reckon we ought to balls-up and get the country moving, in any sort of weather.

And looking at the video above, that lady who fell on the ice looked like she was jogging down the hill.

Ha, I recognise the Dublin correspondent's clip. Looked sore...

I like the way that on the original broadcast, they didn't edit out the guy shouting SHIT! either.

Other countries can cope with the snow, and don't shut down when it falls from the sky. Why does Britain shut down??. Yes, we are not used to it compared to countries like Germany, Canada, America and Russia. I reckon we ought to balls-up and get the country moving, in any sort of weather.

And looking at the video above, that lady who fell on the ice looked like she was jogging down the hill.

You've answered your own question, the simple fact is until this happens every single year this will continue to happen.

I was mentioning yesterday I wanted some chains for my tyres so I could drive, in Germany I believe you have to wear chains because if you crash without any at certain times of the year you don't get insurance - or so my work friend tells me. England doesn't have this because snow isn't that common here, the last two Christmases sure, but when was the last time you saw snow knee deep in England?

Not had a postman for days. Yet we still had the local paper delivered today by a young paper girl! Snow has effected Sussex pretty badly here. Uni closed, no trains so couldnt go in. I really should be doing coursework but snow is more interesting..

My train to work tomorrow has been cancelled! Hurraaaah :D

Today's travel was exciting. They had to use "precautionary explosives" to help move a train that had broken down in a tunnel in front of us and warned there would be loud bangs from outside. It was pretty weird.

Edit: Just done some reading to see what they were using. Turns out it was these: Wikipedia reference-linkDetonator (railway) which, yeah, were pretty cool!

Edited by Dyson

Bournemouth had the highest amount of snow yesterday for 20 years. Pretty impressive.

So, where's this global warming and polar icecaps melting, eh? Here's an inconvenient truth, they missed certain facts :P

So, where's this global warming and polar icecaps melting, eh? Here's an inconvenient truth, they missed certain facts :P

Climate Change causes disruption in currents. The North Atlantic Current is what makes the UK so warm for it's latitude. Disruption of that will essentially cause the UK to freeze.

Not been getting that much snow here, but it's freezing, think it's -4 or 5 right now.

The snow is making people do some stupid things though, have seen a video of some guy sliding down a hill in Brighton naked on a tea tray, not sure if I should post it or not, but it's pretty funny.

Climate Change causes disruption in currents. The North Atlantic Current is what makes the UK so warm for it's latitude. Disruption of that will essentially cause the UK to freeze.

Exactly my point. They had to change it from Global Warming to Climate Change when it was proven that the planet's average temperature had dropped. So they made the change so they can continue with the policies and taxes to control people

Daytime temperature must be getting a bit warmer as we are getting rain now. So the snow on the roads is turning to slush now.

But it's expected to drop back below zero once the night time comes so that will likely all freeze to deadly smooth ice rink like surface.

Our giant Snowman and his snowbaby (both wearing though Kanye West glasses) were amazing. Our flat left as a jolly group to get decorations for the flat, only to come back and find that in a festive hate crime, both snowmen had been brutally knocked down and scattered all over the place.

It's was traumatic.

Baby B - Be at peace Baby, and begone.

162881_175757162443821_100000286157641_562639_1413130_n.jpg