NEurope
Dyson

New Releases in Music

I've been looking through my iTunes and noticed several albums on there I only got because of the old Music thread, when other users would come on and say "oh hey, new Chemical Brothers album is out" etc. Of course, we all know why the old music thread is no more, so I thought a new release thread would be a good idea to let people know of new music that's hit the interwebz, or new albums that have been announced etc. For example, I doubt a thread solely devoted to the Kings of Leon releasing their new single Radioactive would have been appreciated or populated!

I've not yet run this by a mod so I'm not sure if this'll be allowed to stay, I thought maybe we'd see how it goes for a while. You guys aren't stupid, but don't turn this in to the old music thread. Let's talk about what you think of, say, the new Groove Armada album as opposed to how great Tori Amos' single from 6 years ago is still as stunning and relevant as it was back then for the 5th time.

Pleeeeease?

---

So to kick things off, as previously mentioned Groove Armada just released a sort of remix album of Black Light, appropriately called White Light. If you weren't a fan of BL, like myself, I'd recommend giving this a chance as it changed my outlook on the entire album. It's supposedly how the songs were remixed for the live shows, and the result is a much more upbeat, rocking album rather than an experiment. Here's one to get you started.

New Rihanna album "Loud" is out. I have it, but haven't listened all the way through yet. It does, superbly, sample Avril Lavigne's I'm With You (IIRC), in a surprisingly interesting and unique way on the track Cheers (Drink To That).

Edited by chairdriver

so I thought a new release thread would be a good idea to let people know of new music that's hit the interwebz, or new albums that have been announced etc. For example, I doubt a thread solely devoted to the Kings of Leon releasing their new single Radioactive would have been appreciated or populated!

Just because something isn't populated doesn't mean its not noticed ;)

As mentioned before, there's suddenly a glut of albums I want - Kanye West's new one, Nicki Minaj's new one, Rihanna's new one and MCR's, which I bought last night (and have been enjoying).

The other three have all got very good reviews, though I listened to Nicki's on Spotify, and I agree with Pitchfork's assessment that's it's a very good modern R'n'B/top 40 album, but a dissapointing Nicki Minaj album. :p

Abney Park's newest album, The End Of Days, was released in the middle of October, yet I still haven't got hold of it. I managed to get an order in for one of the first 10 copies off the press, numbered and signed, yet the sheer amount of people online for the midnight release caused the site to crash. I managed to get my order in before, but had to send a reminder to them since the order hadn't gone completely through to them. I wrote to them, and they shipped my CD off.

This was exactly a month ago yesterday. Still not having received anything, I've given up and acknowledged the fact that it's most likely been lost in the mail. I wrote to them, and they said they'd send me a new signed copy. But I'm still very bummed that I didn't get my numbered copy, seeing as I already have a signed CD by them.

New Rihanna album "Loud" is out. I have it, but haven't listened all the way through yet. It does, superbly, sample Avril Lavigne's I'm With You (IIRC), in a surprisingly interesting and unique way on the track Cheers (Drink To That).

I was wondering about this album actually, only girl in the world is a nice tune to dance around too, so I might have to give the whole album a listen.

Unfortunately, Rez has convinced me in a thread that Linkin park's new album isn't all that bad, I can't stop listening to Waiting for the end.

/shame.