NEurope
chairdriver

DISNEY MAFIA GAME

DISNEY MAFIA

The sound of an optimistic tune filled the air, as the figure strolled, his gloved fingers clicking and his yellow shoes tapping along to his happy whistle. He felt on top of the world, tip-top-of-the-morning. “Why, goodday there sir!” he said with a smile, nodding to a passer-by. He felt a song coming on. A song which he hadn't quite worked out what was going to be about, but he felt it coming nontheless, until, suddenly, with a fluster of feathers a voiced cried out: “Mickey! MICKEY! Come quickly, there's been the most awful accident!”.

The mouse jolted, several feet off the ground. “Whatever's wrong!?!” he said with concern, turning toward Daisy.

“It's Minnie. You're not going to believe this –- she's dropped that hourglass Yen Sid gave you! It's broken! Sand is pouring everywhere!”

“She did WHAT!?” cried Mickey in horror. “Oh my days, this is bad news!”

-----

The worlds have always been an area of interest. Let's take a little look at them. They occupy a space, each world made from elements of this space. The dimension of this space is unknown, we could perhaps conjecture about how we could represent this space using bases; bases such as {Love, Strength, Loyalty, … } or {Hate, Lust, Perversion, … }, with every element in the space expressible as a combination of elements in these bases. With these bases in mind, we can then form some idea of structure, and move into non-abstract territory, and continue to formulate and make concrete familiar ideas by manipulation of elemental structure, in a most scientific way.

But perhaps it is unhelpful and unhealthy to view worlds in such a way. If we are to analyse in such a strict and stringent fashion, we ignore the most integral phenomenon of worlds, which no combination of elements can formulate nor account for –- this thing called magic.

So let us take a little look at worlds. IT'S ESSENTIAL YOU READ THIS BIT: We're going to plunge straight into the broken hourglass, whence these worlds flow and mingle. Where time and sense flit and play. There will be Heroes, and Villains; the Heroes winning when the Villains are defeated, and the Villains winning when the Heroes are defeated. There will be day and night, each expected to last 24 hours, but will vary, depending on the most strange variables.

During the day phase, the players in this game will vote, for two different outcomes. There will be a LOVE vote and a LYNCH vote. To cast the former, type LOVE: Player X in bold and in red colour. To cast the latter, type LYNCH: Player X in bold. The day phase will end when a player receives a majority of LYNCH votes. The player who has accumulated the most LOVE votes at the end of the day phase will receive Love that night phase. Love is a useful tool. It has the power to transform and influence change.

Each player in this game has a SIDEKICK (or sidekicks). A sidekick will enter the game for a single night phase if the player in question cast a vote which contributed to a successful lynch the previous day phase. Sidekicks will enter the game upon a successful No Lynch vote, but will not enter the game if a day phase ends with no successful lynch.

There will be some players who will be SILENCED during the course of the game. Silenced players cannot post in the game thread, PM any other players nor thank any posts in the game thread for as long as they are silenced.

There will be some players that are cursed to TALK WITH ACTIONS. These players will not be able to post in the game thread as a normal player would. Instead, they may only post descriptions of actions, by enclosing the words they type in * * symbols. For example, players who Talk With Actions may *Point*, *Cry*, *Sing*, *Points to sundial*, and may vote LOVE and LYNCH and thank posts. Players who Talk With Actions may not quote other players, nor type character names nor player names (outside of the LOVE/LYNCH vote). If a player who Talks With Actions posts in a way that is deemed against the spirit of the rule, they will face repercussions.

Certain players will be allowed to communicate outside the game thread. If you are NOT given specific permission to do so in your role PM, YOU MAY NOT SEND PMs TO OR ACTIVELY COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER PLAYERS. You may receive PMs from other players who are permitted to send PMs, if this is the case, I will be cc'ed into the PM. If you receive a PM from another player which I have not been cc'ed into, please report it to me.

So, there's lots of talk of these players. Lets introduce them:

Aqui1a

Cube

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Dazz

Diageo

Eenuh

EddieColeslaw

Ellmeister

Heroicjanitor

Jonnas

MadDog

mr-paul

Nintendohnut

Paj Meen Ah

ReZourceman

Tales

The Bard

The Peeps

=========

There is also a mini-game open to players and non-players alike. The first person to PM me with a correct list of all the films represented in this game will be considered a winner of the game.

=========

And so, with that little briefing over and done with, let's get ready. Carry your joy on your left, hold your suffering on your right, and most importantly keep the magic and your destiny close to your heart.

-----

The tolling dies, the bell quietens.

Lightning crashes at the mountain. After this maelstrom of change, the god is not gratified. He stirs. He reaches upwards, stealing the lightness from the sky, refashioning the blue as gold, like a sea of honey.

Across an endless desert, the imperious woman stands upon a bastion of sand crowning a stone monolith, surveying the plane and the mountain, impossibly close: “The demon god stirs. Now is the time.”

Behind her, a man steps forward out a fleeting layer of darkness. “Yes. I feel it too. The Heroes congregate, we must act now!”

Another steps forward, his flaming head vaguely illuminating the surrounding area. “My favourite part. Let's go down there, sit amongst them, and argue our way out of being lynched.” His confederates don't quite understand him, but they grasp the sentiment.

“We move out!” cries the woman, cackling as she whirls herself into a green hellflame, and surges downwards.

---

“So...” says a Hero, leaning upon sword and a perfect sphere. “What happens now...?”

DAY 1 BEGINS NOW. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS POST, TO UNDERSTAND THE RULES SPECIFIC TO THIS GAME AND TO WATCH THE VIDEO.

Edited by chairdriver

God this looks amazing. I wish I was playing! Good luck most of all to you chair, you look like you have your work cut out after reading all those rules. As a sideliners question, can players cast both LOVE and LYNCH votes in a day, or do you have to choose between the two?

God this looks amazing. I wish I was playing! Good luck most of all to you chair, you look like you have your work cut out after reading all those rules. As a sideliners question, can players cast both LOVE and LYNCH votes in a day, or do you have to choose between the two?

Players can cast both a LOVE and LYNCH vote each day, and change their votes as usual.

...And yet you claimed my game to be awesome?

This! This is what chairdriver is capable of accomplishing!

LYNCH: No lynch

...Or so I assume. But should we show some love to others first? :heart:

Love: The look of this?

If that worked, I wonder if N-Europe would gain a slick new design?

I love that Epic Mickey is featured on the banner right now :D

LYNCH: nobody

Edited by EddieColeslaw
Messed up the bold tag.

Argh! I just remembered that post editing isn't allowed in mafia games. Definitely won't do that again...Chair, hope you'll let this slide as nothing's happened yet...

Wow this looks very intricate, if that video had anything to do with the game it flew right over my head though :(

Vote: No Lynch

Did anyone else read Mickey's lines in Mickey's voice btw :p

Is it worth giving someone some love today? I realise we wouldn't know whether we were giving it to a townie or a mafia but the chances are we'll choose a townie at random (the odds are in our favour at least). I won't suggest anyone, because if I do I have no doubt someone will twist it into an evil ploy in some way, but it's just an idea.

What does Love do even? It's a useful tool but in the wrong hands it could be pretty bad :/

I trust absolutely none of you, so it's best given to me :p

I'd expect it to enhance a power or something... power of love and all that. :heart:

Might be best to wait until we can trust someone enough to love them... or if they buy us all dinner first :indeed:

Evil characters can't love can they? Maybe if we love a mafia person, they will be revealed or turn good or something?