NEurope
ReZourceman

Most Atrocious Betrayal of Language I've Ever Seen

Don't associate yourself with those people Dazz, I think that's what poisons your reviews.

Don't associate yourself with those people Dazz, I think that's what poisons your reviews.

LMAO! Ouch, haha. Would thank but ran out! seriously, the limit should be more...

I hardly speak to 1 or 2 anymore over the internet purely because of that reason. 3 I can do from time-to-time. Other than that, most of my friends who I talk to everyday type normally.

Edited by Animal

I don't hardly speak....

Typo, I was going to say 'I don't speak' but I wanted to say 'I hardly speak' instead. I forgot to delete 'don't' when I posted it, ah well. Edited anyway...

I should quote people so they can't edit it away.

I didn't edit it away until you pointed it out :p

Anyway, it's what the edit button is there for. If you make a mistake, edit it. :D

Also, in ReZ's first post, the bloke spells 'babish', I was wondering what he said but I finally got he was saying 'babyish'. You think that's bad? I have a few mates that type weird. I find typing normally faster than using short-hand and 9/10, I beat people who type short-hand. I have people type like:

1:

Oh My Days Yeah x I Woz Goin Down D Shops N I Sor A Durtee Man N I Woz Lyk UUUURRR, Stop Givin Mi D I x (YES! They spell wrong AND use 'x' as a full stop!)

2:

ye arvioslee i was gon 2 c ef u wur ok buh wernt shur coz i dint no ef ud b in (there's no excuse to type like this, the girl can spell! I know, I used to be in her class!)

3:

HEY, HWS U? IM OK! (always typing in capital letters nonstop, it can annoy me)

...I just don't see what's wrong with typing normally. I hate having to translate every word or guess what the word is or ask them to type it again because I can't understand it. I don't mind mis-spelt words because not everybody is going to be perfect but there's no excuse to type like the examples above, especially if you do know how to type. I also hate how I type like this and a couple of people have honestly asked me: 'Why do you type posh? You even type posh in your texts, why?"

I would point blank refuse to talk to someone over electronic means if they communicated like that. There used to be an excuse in the 90's, when texts were stupidly expensive, but that's really not the case anymore. :woops:

Type posh? Like... as in.... properly? Fucks sake.

No he holds his little finger in the air whilst typing.

(Whilst typing this I just realised that I do that, but only because I'm a shit typist and can't use my little fingers.)

It has to be considered amazing though that these illiterates have essentially created a language of which others can understand.

It has to be considered amazing though that these illiterates have essentially created a language of which others can understand.

Not really any way to talk about the French.

No he holds his little finger in the air whilst typing.

(Whilst typing this I just realised that I do that, but only because I'm a shit typist and can't use my little fingers.)

I only really type with my index fingers and occasionally the thumb for the bottom lines of the keyboard and still have been known to type over 100 words per minute with this typing style.

Not really any way to talk about the French.

Vous porcine!

I use all the fingers in my left hand but only my middle finger in my right hand.

I would point blank refuse to talk to someone over electronic means if they communicated like that. There used to be an excuse in the 90's, when texts were stupidly expensive, but that's really not the case anymore. :woops:

Exactly my thoughts. Why type like that if you know how to type properly. They say it's saves time? Yeah right! I see that it saves a lot of time typing like that and then having people ask you what you say and then you answering them...:hmm:

Fair enough if they try, I don't expect everybody to type perfectly. I make mistakes, everybody does but not trying at all is a mystery to me. Would you type like that on your CV? No, so why type like that everywhere else?

[/rant]

I remember that a couple of years ago, there was talk of accepting exam papers with "txtspk" as the writing used. I'm so glad that plan failed and the ConDems are making it so you lose marks in any example if you're an illiterate baboon.

I tend to use my middle finger and thumb of each hand most to type, using the pinky to reach shift or caps lock, and occasionally using the index finger.

I use all the fingers in my left hand but only my middle finger in my right hand.

Try typing with one hand occasionally. It's amazing, your hand dances like a ghetto spider.

Would you type like that on your CV? No, so why type like that everywhere else?

"See Vee x

i az lodes of job expeeryence an wen im wif my krew we av a rite laff LOL like dat c?

y hyre me? coz i iz smrt x i can kompleet mynesweeper on EZ jus B4 da clok hits 999. m,y best tym iz 997."

"a ken its gd but fuk me nae need t rub ur nipples about it calm the beef min"

-Famous quote left on YouTube by Craggus666

Even if it's faster to type that way (which it isn't), it takes me a lot longer to read a sentence that's typed badly than one that's not because I have to decode it all.

I can't believe you know someone who uses x instead of a full stop too Dazz. It's so ridiculous.

Even if it's faster to type that way (which it isn't), it takes me a lot longer to read a sentence that's typed badly than one that's not because I have to decode it all.

I can't believe you know someone who uses x instead of a full stop too Dazz. It's so ridiculous.

I know! I even asked her "Why are you sending me kisses after each sentence?" and she had no clue what I was talking about! I was like "After each sentence, you put a 'x' at the end of it, how come?" and she just says "Its just keeeute x" (apparently 'keeute' is cute. COME ON! Keeute is longer and takes longer to type and looks ridiculous, what's wrong with 'cute'?)

I've never learnt to use all ten fingers when typing, but I'm still a pretty fast typer. I mostly use my index fingers for typing and my little fingers for the shift button. The other fingers occasionally join in if they're bored.

I use my index and middle finger on both hands to mostly type. My right little finger to hit 'enter' and my left little finger to hit the CAPS LOCK and my left or right thumb to hit the space bar.

I type with all digits on my left hand and none on my right. That hand is too busy flipping the bird constantly at the screen.