NEurope
ReZourceman

Most Atrocious Betrayal of Language I've Ever Seen

My sister types Like Thiss Onn Facebookk, Andd i Askk Why Andd Shee Says Becausee It Lookss Good, Andd I'mm Like .... .... .... .... <sigh>

My girlfriend does that. It's a right royal pain in the arse.

I have a dyslexic friend, well he's not my friend, but he's in my group of friends. Anyway he's on my facebook, and whenever he write anything I want to punch him in the face. But it's too much effort to correct everything he says. So now I just do it if he's talking to me.

And what the fuck is the I R artichoke thing?

This thread is made of lies. These people have atrocious spelling, but their grammar is fine. It doesn't stop them being funny though. :heh:

(also the English langugage isn't declining, and nobody using English writes how they speak)

(also the English langugage isn't declining)

It was also mostly just a response to The Bard's post. I still don't see how sexual fetiches are worse than people not being able to spell properly.

Since I'm autistic, I've always been "different". I was luckily never teased for it, but it's made me quite defensive of people who fall outside the norm. To be a bit blunt, why the heck do you care about what other people do in their bedroom? Maybe you are just poking fun at it, and you know I'm totally for that. But it sounds like it's something that's bothering you, and that I'll never be able to understand.

I just think it would make an interesting sociological experiment to see how these people come to develop a sense of sexuality solely through the lens of, like, Sonic the Hedgehog or something.

As far as I'm aware...fetishes aren't something you choose. Like...you don't make a conscious effort to be attracted to things.

Yeah, but I'm not freaked out on the level of individual people, I'm slightly baffled by how they come to accrue and internalise these esoteric cultural phenomena and associate sexual gratification with them. I think it reflects something on society that people are, in fairly sizeable populations, fetishising the same things, that are in fact based on shows, like Digimon or Pokemon for example, which are aimed specifically at children. Are these shows deliberately sexualised in nature? What is it about them that causes this response?

Then again, think of a fetish and I guarantee there is a website enshrining it somewhere on the internet.

I have nothing against fetishes, I'm fairly weird about sex myself, but if there's no part of you that finds furries funny, then your funny bone is busted.

I just think it would make an interesting sociological experiment to see how these people come to develop a sense of sexuality solely through the lens of, like, Sonic the Hedgehog or something.

Yeah, but I'm not freaked out on the level of individual people, I'm slightly baffled by how they come to accrue and internalise these esoteric cultural phenomena and associate sexual gratification with them. I think it reflects something on society that people are, in fairly sizeable populations, fetishising the same things, that are in fact based on shows, like Digimon or Pokemon for example, which are aimed specifically at children. Are these shows deliberately sexualised in nature? What is it about them that causes this response?

Then again, think of a fetish and I guarantee there is a website enshrining it somewhere on the internet.

I have nothing against fetishes, I'm fairly weird about sex myself, but if there's no part of you that finds furries funny, then your funny bone is busted.

I completely get what you're saying. :) And sure, furries are funny, but isn't sex itself a pretty funny thing, even not counting fetiches? :heh:

Brother don't understand the sexxing up of hedgehogs

I think what's more concerning about this isn't the fact that this fetish exists, as you say, name any thing and you can probably find a person who wants to fuck it, it's how openly vocal about their desires. I'm certain that had the internet not been created, a fetish of this nature would never be as prolific or as accepted as it is now because there would be no outlet for it.

I prefer to turn a blind eye to these anonymity spawned phenomena for the sake of my mental health, my upbringing never prepared me for this kinda shit.

I have an uncle who added me on facebook and I was scared cos a.) he found me and he shouldn't be able to b.) he types in all caps LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME EVERYTHING HE WRITES IS IN CAPITALS and I WAS SCARED THAT HE MIGHT WRITE ON MY WALL AND THEN MY FRIENDS MIGHT MAKE FUN OF HIM ETCETC and someone might be all like OK THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT Y'KNO WE'RE NOT DEAF LOLOLOL

But HE is.

ReZ's attempt to reach internet fame attempt 3485:

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28916

I read that thread from beginning to end and still didn't know what the fuck it was about :)

Bad grammer and spelling doesn't really bother me all that much. I can relate to that.

It's phone texts that try to shorten everything that bothers me sometimes.

mw688uhx.jpg

if I got this text I wouldn't respond, but i've seen messages just like this but longer.

Edited by mcj metroid

I have an uncle who added me on facebook and I was scared cos a.) he found me and he shouldn't be able to b.) he types in all caps LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME EVERYTHING HE WRITES IS IN CAPITALS and I WAS SCARED THAT HE MIGHT WRITE ON MY WALL AND THEN MY FRIENDS MIGHT MAKE FUN OF HIM ETCETC and someone might be all like OK THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT Y'KNO WE'RE NOT DEAF LOLOLOL

But HE is.

I have somehow run out of thanks, but this story is awesome. I seriously hope it doesn't reach that level of awkwardness, but I can't...stop...laughing :laughing:

Anyway, nice levels of language murderizing you guys have in the English language.

I think the Portuguese methods of language murderizing are far worse, though. Both the Brazillian method and the Portugal method.

I don't get why people write r8? Is that suppose to be the word right? If so, it just doesn't sound like it, reight? WTF.

I don't get why people write r8? Is that suppose to be the word right? If so, it just doesn't sound like it, reight? WTF.

That's how I say it.

"It's rate good." "Alrate" etc.

I don't type r8 though. Unless I'm talking about Audis.

God. The people on Thorpe Park Facebook. It is HORRIBLE. It is fucking HORRIBLE. This is what happens when a companies target audience is chavs.

yh i love nemasis in furno as well and colosis

To clarify thats two rides "Nemesis Inferno" and "Colossus"

FFS. Losing the will to live.

Your will to live is based on the grammar of others?

You missed a brilliant opportunity there. You should have said "You're will to live is based on the grammar of others?"

I have a dyslexic friend, well he's not my friend, but he's in my group of friends. Anyway he's on my facebook, and whenever he write anything I want to punch him in the face. But it's too much effort to correct everything he says. So now I just do it if he's talking to me.

And what the fuck is the I R artichoke thing?

That's a bit harsh considering he's dyslexic.

That's a bit harsh considering he's dyslexic.

I know many other dyslexics that at least try. It's not just spelling, the sentences have no structure, it's like he has an idea and just throws words down.

You missed a brilliant opportunity there. You should have said "You're will to live is based on the grammar of others?"

I'm too much of a grammar Nazi to do something like that.

Hey Diageo spell "fucking mafia scumbags" for a second will you? :p

Brilliant. (Lol mafia in-jokes FTW)

God. The people on Thorpe Park Facebook. It is HORRIBLE. It is fucking HORRIBLE. This is what happens when a companies target audience is chavs.

company's

You aren't the messiah of language, shelf stacker. Although if you do want to go into an editorial job, try the Daily Star, I'm sure they may have a place for you. As a photocopier boy.

Also, in ReZ's first post, the bloke spells 'babish', I was wondering what he said but I finally got he was saying 'babyish'. You think that's bad? I have a few mates that type weird. I find typing normally faster than using short-hand and 9/10, I beat people who type short-hand. I have people type like:

1:

Oh My Days Yeah x I Woz Goin Down D Shops N I Sor A Durtee Man N I Woz Lyk UUUURRR, Stop Givin Mi D I x (YES! They spell wrong AND use 'x' as a full stop!)

2:

ye arvioslee i was gon 2 c ef u wur ok buh wernt shur coz i dint no ef ud b in (there's no excuse to type like this, the girl can spell! I know, I used to be in her class!)

3:

HEY, HWS U? IM OK! (always typing in capital letters nonstop, it can annoy me)

...I just don't see what's wrong with typing normally. I hate having to translate every word or guess what the word is or ask them to type it again because I can't understand it. I don't mind mis-spelt words because not everybody is going to be perfect but there's no excuse to type like the examples above, especially if you do know how to type. I also hate how I type like this and a couple of people have honestly asked me: 'Why do you type posh? You even type posh in your texts, why?"