NEurope
Kav

Wastings of Moneyings

I think I might have spent around £150 on DLC for the Rock Band games, but that's very different. There's no chance involved and I get a heck of a lot of game time out of the RB series, so I consider it money well spent.

I dread to think how much I've spent on the series in total though! (DLC, peripherals, game discs etc..)

There are a few games I want for the Wii, the only problem is I hate the Wii system itself! - It's so old and outdated, that even when there is a game I want to play on it, I find it quite difficult to motivate myself to play it.

Honestly, I don't understand this mentality.

The only thing that could possibly discourage me playing a game because of its console is the controller, and the Wii does not feature "old and outdated" controls.

IMO, the DualShock is the only outdated controller of this generation. It needs a few polishes. Of course, I rarely pick up PS3 controllers that often, so perhaps some of the issues I have with it may have already been corrected (though I doubt it).

The guy should take up high-stakes gambling, at least something can be gained from that :indeed:

Isnt this a General thread really? Got more in common with idiocy than FIFA 2011.

I once knew this guy called Jay...

Anyway, I suggest the name "Wasted Money" as people have talked about money that they've probably wasted.

Edited by Cube

OI!

... You still know me :'( Ok, I'll change it again.

and cause some confusion, on the side

I pride myself on being impartial. And most other years it's never been that clear who the "winner" is. Last year it was clearly the PS3, and this year it's clearly the Wii. But yeah, I somewhat agree with you, got much love for the Wii, personally!

You are correct. We completely agree. Absolutely.

Literally that is 100% accurate, like not even debatable.

You are correct. We completely agree. Absolutely.

Literally that is 100% accurate, like not even debatable.

Pretty much. Every other year was debatable before 2009 was debatable, yes...

But last year, the PS3 was unstoppable... Killzone 2, Demon's Souls, Yakuza 3, Uncharted 2, God Of War 3, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Ratchet & Clank in a single year? And that's only mentioning exclusives and not mentioning PSN games! Debate what you will, it was console of the year 2009.

This year, it's the Wii:

Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sin & Punishment 2, Metroid Other M, Goldeneye, No More Heroes 2, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Sonic Colours? Come on, how do you argue with that? No other console mustered up this sheer amount of great exclusives this year.

And there's still Epic Mickey to come, which is looking amazing, let's not forget, that.

You can debate all you want, but I don't think any argument will beat the sheer amount of brilliance the Wii has been home to this year.

At this rate the thread will be heading back to 'Other Consoles' lol. Maybe we should just bounce it around a bit. Wii board next?

At this rate the thread will be heading back to 'Other Consoles' lol. Maybe we should just bounce it around a bit. Wii board next?

(Brilliant) :D:laughing:

Have you guys heard of this new thing called Kinect? It's supposedly quite good :o

EDIT: I'm probably the worst person with money I know ( though not £700 on fifa bad :v)

I play the lottery (though I debate if that's bad) and generally just like spending money.

I saw a thread on some forums once that was essentially that, a hot potato that spent like a day or two in each forum then needed to be bounced over by a mod. Admittedly they were much bigger forums that these, but it was kind of cool in encouraging you to venture to other forums, and seeing this massive random convo.

This year, it's the Wii:

Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sin & Punishment 2, Metroid Other M, Goldeneye, No More Heroes 2, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Sonic Colours? Come on, how do you argue with that? No other console mustered up this sheer amount of great exclusives this year.

And don't forget Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. My favourite Wii game so far, it's just awesome.

*ahem* I recall buying Skies of Arcadia for 60€ and randomly finding it two weeks later in a some supermarket for 20€ (Goddamn you, Jumbo...)

Other than that, I'm usually reserved with my money. And probably not as reserved as most of the people I know.

Though there was that one time where a friend told me "Hey dude, I bought myself a PSP! Awesome, huh? So, what games does it have?" No exaggeration, he bought a PSP near launch (when it was most expensive) and sent me a text message asking that. I could only laugh.

I was also unsure whether to post that story here or in the "stupid people" thread.

I tend to waste a lot of moneyings on pizza. It always seems like it's not that much but when I do it a lot I run through funds quickly. Drink burns a hole in my pocket too but buying drugs from Diageo is the worst, he keeps upping the price every time I return and the lift home isn't cheap either. I'm sure he's mixing it with some sort of washing powder too.

Ok, super-mega bump time for this thread...

My idiot mate has now spent £1200 on this FIFA Ultimate Eleven thing... seriously guys!

When I think of all the things I could do/buy with that much money... your friend is such an idiot.

Although I suppose if he has all that cash to throw away then he may as well do it on something he likes to do. It seems like a waste to a rational person but maybe the joy Fifa brings him is worth that much to him...

My idiot mate has now spent £1200 on this FIFA Ultimate Eleven thing... seriously guys!

Intervention FTW.

And when I say intervention, I mean steal his console, credit cards, ability to contact the outside world/etc.

Jesus Christ... Does it come with some of Wayne Rooney's pubes or something?

My friend is pretty good at this, a shortlist of great spendings:

Spending over 30000 ISK (roughly 1600) on Magic: The Gathering cards in two months, he still buys them, this period was just his record time in Magic buying.

He sucks at playing it.

His Xbox red ringed, he decided that he could not be arsed to get it fixed for free so he just bought a new one and said he would return it after having the first fixed.

He never did.

Bought a first generation Ngage.

Spend probably about a 500-600 pounds on upgrading his computer, barely 2 months later someone in our friend bought a computer that was slightly better than his.

He saw this as divine mockery so he doubled what he originally spend on an ever better rig, just to make sure he had the best computer.

This is just from the top of my head.