NEurope
Kav

Wastings of Moneyings

The reason why I can't think of a thread title is because I'm so bemused and baffled at one of my friends and his need to have a good team on FIFA 2011 on the Xbox 360.

I don't have it myself so I'm not too sure what game mode it's played under but... my friend, over the last 2 weeks, has gone and spent over £700 on Microsoft points to then buy FIFA Coins (or whatever they're called) to then buy Player Packs (if that's what they're called) in which he has a chance (yes, only a chance) at getting decent players for his team!

Even with his now decent team, he's still crap at the game and gets beat quite a lot... is this the biggest waste of money on gaming?

I know I went a little crazy when I bought Steel Battalion 1 & 2 and the controller for them for £180 but surely his spending spree on the one game alone is the most crazy thing ever?!

I don't have it myself so I'm not too sure what game mode it's played under but... my friend, over the last 2 weeks, has gone and spent over £700 on Microsoft points to then buy FIFA Coins (or whatever they're called) to then buy Player Packs (if that's what they're called) in which he has a chance (yes, only a chance) at getting decent players for his team!

Even with his now decent team, he's still crap at the game and gets beat quite a lot... is this the biggest waste of money on gaming?

That is insane.

Is he rich? He must have more money than sense.

I play Ultimate Team on FIFA 11, and i haven't spent a penny on packs, yet i have a decent enough team.

Is he rich? He must have more money than sense.

I play Ultimate Team on FIFA 11, and i haven't spent a penny on packs, yet i have a decent enough team.

He's not rich at all, although he doesn't really have any outgoings other than his phone bill.

He is a gambler however, ealier this year he won £18,000 in one month gambling on various things... the utterly stupid thing is, he then went and lost £17,000 of it in ONE WEEK gambling again!

I think that he may be doing this to stop himself going out and gambling... but in effect it's still gambling, just in hope of getting a decent team on FIFA.

The guy, no doubt, is an idiot!

Anyhoo, have any of you lot spent silly money on gaming at all?

Edited by Kav

Sorry but I gotta move this to the Other Consoles board. I'll leave a redirect if anyone gets confused.

Sorry but I gotta move this to the Other Consoles board. I'll leave a redirect if anyone gets confused.

I thought about posting it there but wasn't too sure if it belonged there either as it's not a discussion in regards to the game itself but the spending of silly money on gaming.

Crazy. Most I spent was on a drum kit for RB.

No wait, I bought a Wii. That was money down the drain.

No wait, I bought a Wii. That was money down the drain.

Console of the year for 2010, bro! Revisiting time is in order, it seems.

That is just under a thousand euros on a game mode I don't even use on account of it being shite. I thought you were trying to recruit players for his pro club team at first, that is a good game mode when you have friends to play with :)

Console of the year for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010, bro! Revisiting time is in order, it seems.

I just fixed what you said there.. with my own opinion :heh:

And kav82, your friend is an idiot..

I'm sorry, £700 on Microsoft points is a stupid amount. I don't think i've spent that much on points in the 4 years i've had a 360, probably around the £100 mark or less, i'm sure of it.

Dude, that is some ish. You need to plan an intervention with this daft tit.

Hey man, he may not like the Wii but that's no reason to go calling him a tit.

(also your friend is mental)

Tell your firend he can get the good players for free, you get points when you win games, somehting he can't do, i know, and then you spend the points on the packs without having to buy gamer points. But jesus what an idiot.

I spent £60 or £70 on the Bioshock 2 special edition. Not only was the game pretty disappointing (it's still a really good game), but the special edition was £30 literally weeks later (and is now available new for £20).

I spent £60 or £70 on the Bioshock 2 special edition. Not only was the game pretty disappointing (it's still a really good game), but the special edition was £30 literally weeks later (and is now available new for £20).

Same :(

Kav82, your friend should get gambling help or something!!!

I just fixed what you said there.. with my own opinion :heh:

I pride myself on being impartial. And most other years it's never been that clear who the "winner" is. Last year it was clearly the PS3, and this year it's clearly the Wii. But yeah, I somewhat agree with you, got much love for the Wii, personally!

I pride myself on being impartial. And most other years it's never been that clear who the "winner" is. Last year it was clearly the PS3, and this year it's clearly the Wii. But yeah, I somewhat agree with you, got much love for the Wii, personally!

There are a few games I want for the Wii, the only problem is I hate the Wii system itself! - It's so old and outdated, that even when there is a game I want to play on it, I find it quite difficult to motivate myself to play it.

There are a few games I want for the Wii, the only problem is I hate the Wii system itself! - It's so old and outdated, that even when there is a game I want to play on it, I find it quite difficult to motivate myself to play it.

A good game is good regardless of which system it's in. Super Metroid remains my favourite game of all time, even if the SNES is old and outrdated.

That being said, how in the hell is the why old and outdated? It's probably the newest and most up to date of all 3 consoles, it's the one who really pushed gaming to the next step!

A good game is good regardless of which system it's in. Super Metroid remains my favourite game of all time, even if the SNES is old and outrdated.

That being said, how in the hell is the why old and outdated? It's probably the newest and most up to date of all 3 consoles, it's the one who really pushed gaming to the next step!

I didn't say good games become bad because of an outdated system. I said I don't like the Wii console, but I still like certain games it offers, such as the new Donkey Kong, Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 and I will probably buy the new Zelda when it comes out.