NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Boardwalk Empire

It started on Sunday in the US.

I miss the lesbian, too.

She just wanted to be happy. :cry:

It was so sad :p

Yep, that's a penis. *Focuses on what's important*

I feel like there should be more activity in this thread, but I never have anything to say about the show, so I'm part of the problem.

I'm a big fan of the show aswell, currently watching Season 3.

Looks like just me and @Magnus will be having a discussion in this thread then!

Was quite shocked they killed off Manny so early - it's been a while since I watched series 2 - did Richard Harrow know that it was Manny who killed Angela? I forgot what happened.

I'm a bit hazy on it but I'm pretty sure Jimmy and Richard knew it was Manny. Jimmy just tried to have Manny killed so it could only have been Manny that killed Angela, as Nucky wouldn't have been so ruthless.

As to why Richard waited, well I think that's just one of those things you just have to overlook due to the nature of television. The ending of Season 2 had to end on Jimmy's death, not Manny's. So the earliest Manny could have been killed off (on screen) was the start of Season 3.

Also from a logical point of view waiting does make sense. By waiting Richard disassociated himself from Manny and Manny's fued with Jimmy. So when Richard eventually killed Manny nobody even suspected him, Manny's killer and motive remained a mystery, his fued with Jimmy was forgotten about.

If Richard had killed Manny say right after Jimmy's death he would be the most likely suspect as he was known then as Jimmy's right hand man, and he and possibly also Jimmy's mother would have been at risk if someone wanted to avenge Manny.

Edited by pratty

Yes, it was a penis... :o

One thing I didn't get...

If Rothstein didn't want to cause a war by killing Rosetti, why was there an assassination attempt made by that Benny kid? (who is working for Luciano, who in turn works for Rothstein)

Yes, it was a penis... :o

One thing I didn't get...

If Rothstein didn't want to cause a war by killing Rosetti, why was there an assassination attempt made by that Benny kid? (who is working for Luciano, who in turn works for Rothstein)

I guess Nucky managed to convince him, remember we didn't hear the end of their conversation, I suppose the writers wanted to keep the hit a surprise. Which means Rothsteins deal with Rossetti was just a ruse, but unless he wants to fess up Rothstein might just have to honour it.

Edited by pratty

One thing that's annoying me with this series is the narrative. We had two excellent cliffhangers with Van Alden and the prohibition officer, and the thing with Rosetti in episode 5, and there was practically bugger all about it in the next episode.

I've got to say i am happy with series three so far especially given the loss of one of the best characters, but Eli has stepped up and become much more interesting (just about to watch last nights)

One thing that's annoying me with this series is the narrative. We had two excellent cliffhangers with Van Alden and the prohibition officer, and the thing with Rosetti in episode 5, and there was practically bugger all about it in the next episode.

I know what you mean, it looks like thery're trying to squeeze as many episodes out of each character as they can by juggling multiple storylines. The sooner Nucky gets shot of Billy and gets back to business the better, I can't stand that storyline.

I know what you mean, it looks like thery're trying to squeeze as many episodes out of each character as they can by juggling multiple storylines. The sooner Nucky gets shot of Billy and gets back to business the better, I can't stand that storyline.

Yeah. For me it's the Gillian whorehouse storyline. She's been pretty redundant since the happenings of the s2 finale and should be killed or written off IMO. There was a similar thing with Cy Tolliver in s3 of Deadwood. He had no interesting storyline, but yet was still a major character.

Both the Billie and Gillian stuff seem really redundant for me. With the Billie storyline its getting to the point that Nucky feels like a guest star to the show now, and they are tacking on things to keep him more on screen, i mean there could be a big story coming up and this is just a poor build up but i'm not seeing it at all

As for Gillian, i just don't know what to make of it, nothing is happening its like filler segments to make the show longer, which is strange when stuff has probably been cut in the editing, they could achieve the same level of filler by leaving any cut scenes in or leaving any reduced scenes at full length

I can only hope they are just slow build ups to stuff later in the series.

But the rest of the show is really interesting and the usual standard

Even though they're pretty unexciting I don't mind the Margaret and Gillian storylines. I think Gillian's could get pretty good, she looks like she's about to lose it and could turn psycho. I do like the slow build, if indeed that's what it is in her case.

Good to see Van Alden iron out his problem with his co-workers' ribbings.

And what an explosive finale, poor Billie - wonder if Rosetti will get a second chance to take out Nucky and Rothstein.

Still think the storylines involving Gillian and Maggie are dull though.

I'd forgotten all about Jimmy's mom's scheming until the mistress paused in front of the entrance to the restaurant and then I realized what was going to happen. Poor mistress.

The iron scene was great. Definitely long overdue. I was like, "maybe you should stop pushing his buttons while he's holding an iron!"

I think the less interesting storylines would be better if they were more connected to the other storylines. We have a few characters doing their own thing in one place, and another few characters doing their own thing somewhere else... at this point it was weird to see Nucky and Jimmy's mom in the same room together.

Well, I'm sure things like Nucky's wife's storyline will pay off at some point. :hmm:

Man, I loved Nucky this episode. He should almost-die in an explosion every week. I also much prefer Margaret when she's actually interacting with Nucky.

So the Irish guy is definitely going to die this season. I've seen some people suggest that he's probably going to die because they've been making him more likeable this season, but now that he's planning to run away with Margaret, his days are definitely numbered.

I can put up with how Jimmy's mom is always scheming and acting superior to everyone, but I really wish she'd stop being so mean to the Phantom of the Opera. He's the nicest character on the show. :sad:

Perhaps, and Nucky's conversation with her about the mistress in the latest episode could possibly be foreshadowing, but I kind of like Margaret. As long as she's interacting with Nucky, anyway.

:heh:

Well @Magnus

You were right - happened sooner than I thought though, I was expecting it to be a subplot of series 4 but they already pulled the trigger. Not sure if I liked the pregnancy reveal after though, as it took something away from the death of a major character. The question is will they reveal what happened leading up the the bathhouse? Did Luciano have anything to do with it (the inside information as part of the heroin deal) or perhaps even Nucky (which I doubt considering he needs all the muscle he can get at the moment)

The Van Alden fork scene was fantastic - I hope he eventually ends up working with Capone as he would make a fantastically unhinged gangster with an inside knowledge of the business.

I like Rosetti - really do, but he's becoming a little one dimensional now - somebody disrespects him, he kills them in a nasty way. Getting old fast.

*Isn't planning on watching the episode until tomorrow or Wednesday*

Oooh, a new mention!

"Well Magnus You were right - ha..."

I can only assume this means Jimmy's mom has finally stopped being so mean to the Phantom of the Opera!

Well, that was... expected. :p

I doubt Nucky had anything to do with it, as he seemed genuinely confused about Margaret's reaction. Unless it's going to be a shocking revelation at some point that he knew all along. The pregnancy was not unexpected and kind of boring.

I assumed the failure of the hit had something to do with those heroin guys, but I'm not quite sure who they were or who the guy the Irish guy was sent to kill was supposed to be, so I was just basing that on how they all seemed to be Italians. *Doesn't pay enough attention*

The crazy sex guy has always been pretty dull in the sense that he's essentially taken Jimmy's role of the villain, but he doesn't have the depth or relationships with the other characters that Jimmy had. So I'm fine with him just having freaky sex and killing people for no good reason. I liked the way he was completely serious when he said "you owe me".

I'm hoping The Phantom of the Opera will take Jimmy's kid and escape with his new girlfriend before the season is over. He's way too happy at the moment, and that never ends well.

Well, that was... expected. :p

I doubt Nucky had anything to do with it, as he seemed genuinely confused about Margaret's reaction. Unless it's going to be a shocking revelation at some point that he knew all along. The pregnancy was not unexpected and kind of boring.

I assumed the failure of the hit had something to do with those heroin guys, but I'm not quite sure who they were or who the guy the Irish guy was sent to kill was supposed to be, so I was just basing that on how they all seemed to be Italians. *Doesn't pay enough attention*

The crazy sex guy has always been pretty dull in the sense that he's essentially taken Jimmy's role of the villain, but he doesn't have the depth or relationships with the other characters that Jimmy had. So I'm fine with him just having freaky sex and killing people for no good reason. I liked the way he was completely serious when he said "you owe me".

I'm hoping The Phantom of the Opera will take Jimmy's kid and escape with his new girlfriend before the season is over. He's way too happy at the moment, and that never ends well.

Joe, the guy with the terrible Italian accent. Rosetti's boss.

So yeah...

Still upset about hot guy being killed off. Was hoping by some far fetched miracle that Owen was just acting dead, but alas he was not. Didn't like the whole Margaret being preggers thing, but I'm sure it'll bring up an interesting storyline next season. As for the most recent episode, I absolutely loved it. I feel this season hasn't seen enough of Chalky but whenever he's on, he's great. Also Richard sorting out his guns, can't wait to find out what he's planning. I hope he gets a happy ending, but worry because non of the other characters ever seem to.

So yeah...

Still upset about hot guy being killed off.

I can see it now. The body is revealed and Emma starts bawling uncontrollably. Dan looks confused at first, but eventually he realizes what's going on.

But he's not angry, because he totally wanted to bang that hot mistress.

But yeah, the latest episode was good.

I can see it now. The body is revealed and Emma starts bawling uncontrollably. Dan looks confused at first, but eventually he realizes what's going on.

But he's not angry, because he totally wanted to bang that hot mistress.

But yeah, the latest episode was good.

The mistress is Halo 4, and yeah, that's pretty much how it went.