NEurope
flameboy

iOS Gaming Thread

I regularly play games on me good ol iPhone, these are my faves:

Bomboozle - A simple but very addictive 'match 3' style puzzler with charming graphics and music. Created by a former Cube-Europe forumer, Sovan Jedi. Definitely worth a purchase if you like supporting indie puzzlers.

Coin Dozer - Remember all the fun you had on those 2p machines where you could win more 2ps? Well here's the ultimate iPhone version! This has made toilet breaks so much more enjoyable and best of all it's completely free.

Zentomino - A great puzzler where you have to fit together a bunch of tetris-like blocks to form piictures. Highly recommended if you want a relaxed puzzle game.

Orbital - Incredibly surreal and a bit tough to describe (but I'll give it a go). You fire orbs down-screen trying to bounce them off one another. Once an orb comes to a stop it expands until it hits the side of the grid or another orb; the trick is to try and aim your orb so it ricochets off others. If you hit one enough times it explodes which can make nearby orbs explode as well (so great chain-combo opportunities!). I may not make it sound too great but trust me it's really addictive. Imagine Bust-a-move mixed with geometry wars!

Giana Sisters - An iPhone version of the superb (and rare) c64 classic. It may rip off Mario in terms of gameplay but the level design and difficulty level mark it out as much more than just a mere clone.

Unblock me - Remember those puzzles in professor layton where you have to move blocks around to get one special block out? Well this is full of 300 of those puzzles. And it's all free!

Game Dev Story - Ever wanted to be a game designer? Get Game Dev Story! It's an incredibly addictive resource management game where you have to manage a game studio and create your own games!

I regularly play games on me good ol iPhone, these are my faves:

Bomboozle - A simple but very addictive 'match 3' style puzzler with charming graphics and music. Created by a former Cube-Europe forumer, Sovan Jedi. Definitely worth a purchase if you like supporting indie puzzlers.

Coin Dozer - Remember all the fun you had on those 2p machines where you could win more 2ps? Well here's the ultimate iPhone version! This has made toilet breaks so much more enjoyable and best of all it's completely free.

Zentomino - A great puzzler where you have to fit together a bunch of tetris-like blocks to form piictures. Highly recommended if you want a relaxed puzzle game.

Orbital - Incredibly surreal and a bit tough to describe (but I'll give it a go). You fire orbs down-screen trying to bounce them off one another. Once an orb comes to a stop it expands until it hits the side of the grid or another orb; the trick is to try and aim your orb so it ricochets off others. If you hit one enough times it explodes which can make nearby orbs explode as well (so great chain-combo opportunities!). I may not make it sound too great but trust me it's really addictive. Imagine Bust-a-move mixed with geometry wars!

Giana Sisters - An iPhone version of the superb (and rare) c64 classic. It may rip off Mario in terms of gameplay but the level design and difficulty level mark it out as much more than just a mere clone.

Unblock me - Remember those puzzles in professor layton where you have to move blocks around to get one special block out? Well this is full of 300 of those puzzles. And it's all free!

Game Dev Story - Ever wanted to be a game designer? Get Game Dev Story! It's an incredibly addictive resource management game where you have to manage a game studio and create your own games!

Oh god! I totally forgot that you could get Giana Sisters for it, yes its a rip off but an awesome one lol! I used to own it on some bootleg amiga disk!

Game Dev Story 25% off at the moment. I picked it up.

Has noone mentioned Rat on a Scooter XL?!?!?!?!?!

It's amazingthon! Addictive, you can waste hours just trying to best your high score. Neverending fun!

It's amazingthon! Addictive, you can waste hours just trying to best your high score. Neverending fun!

hmmmmmm......

In other news Chu Chu Rocket is down to 59p! So tempted but already spent a ton of money in the recent salesness will have to leave it.

hmmmmmm......

In other news Chu Chu Rocket is down to 59p! So tempted but already spent a ton of money in the recent salesness will have to leave it.

Downloaded it for the normal price t'other week. So worth it.

Don't 'hmmmm' me, sonny. I'd played the mini version of it on 'Rat on the Run', which is also good, but the scooter minigame was so popular that it warranted it's own expansion. It's 59p on the store I think, totally worth it.

Another ideal example of simplicity perfection. Highly skillful too, backwheel grinds are the stuff of legend.

For anybody interested, new Cut The Rope update is available now with a new level, Cosmic Box with anti gravity puzzles.

Have quite a lot of ipad games, but can't remember them. Scrabble is amazing though!

Oh my god. I just wrote down all of my iphone games that I loved and for some reason it hasn't posted... I must have accidentally selected all....

Here are the games minus my mini reviews:

World of Tunes

Squareball

Beat It

Mirrors Edge

Rock Band

Sword and Poker 2

Spectrum Collection

For anybody interested, new Cut The Rope update is available now with a new level, Cosmic Box with anti gravity puzzles.

Most importantly Retina display support. :)

Don't 'hmmmm' me, sonny. I'd played the mini version of it on 'Rat on the Run', which is also good, but the scooter minigame was so popular that it warranted it's own expansion. It's 59p on the store I think, totally worth it.

Another ideal example of simplicity perfection. Highly skillful too, backwheel grinds are the stuff of legend.

Who you calling sonny, kid?! Anyway my dismissive hmmm was meant in jest.

Nice...not even started it yet!

ooooh even nicer.

Really felt like playing the original Phoenix Wright game again, so I bought it on iPhone for a pretty low price (£1.79 I think...), and its a pretty shitty version of the game. The audio quality is so grainy and harsh in comparison to the DS version, which is a major deduction against the game, since it relied a lot on the music to set the mood. Also, the animation of sprites as well as the way the text bubbles move, is nowhere near as fluid as on the DS version, and makes the game seem like a very rushed port. Well, at least the shit was cheap.

Really felt like playing the original Phoenix Wright game again, so I bought it on iPhone for a pretty low price (£1.79 I think...), and its a pretty shitty version of the game. The audio quality is so grainy and harsh in comparison to the DS version, which is a major deduction against the game, since it relied a lot on the music to set the mood. Also, the animation of sprites as well as the way the text bubbles move, is nowhere near as fluid as on the DS version, and makes the game seem like a very rushed port. Well, at least the shit was cheap.

Weird...you would have thought they would have had the time to release it as and when seem as it was a port of an old game...anyway glad you posted this as I was considering getting it.

I forgot about that - yeah it's pretty good fun! That reminds me of another game I missed off my list, Monkey Flight where you have to fire a bouncy monkey around a level picking up fruit. Incredibly good fun! It's also by Donut Games btw.

The new visuals are lovely.

But I wouldn't say they were more important than new levels!

I would gladly downgrade the visuals further for more levels...

aducker84 is my gamecenter name add me! Every version of flameboy I could think of was already taken!

RobBurgess is mine. Follow Caris if you need someone below you in the leaderboards.

Matthew Caris is mine.

Yep gotcha request and added

RobBurgess is mine. Follow Caris if you need someone below you in the leaderboards.

will add ya mate

added you back any good turn based games or anything we could play over it?

I havent actually played any games online yet with my iPod so I dunno sorry.

My gamecenter has glitched...downloaded Word Scramble Challenge Edition and its marked me as having all the achievements, bloody annoying and dumb any ideas how to solve this?