NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Prince of Persia

bought the two throwns a couple of days ago. love it

who else has played this game or likes the series?

wrong board dude,

but on topic,

here i have "aquired" the pc vr , but i am wait for the "magic key" so to speak to let me play it

Ir massive fan.

that's to say, i hate warrior within on so many levels. shame all the gothy crap obscured a genuinly decent game at heart.

im buying tt this week hopefully. that and hl2. it's gonna be a fun week.

HL2, hurrah.

This is by far the best PoP game of the trillogy. It takes the best bits of SoT and what few best parts of WW and sticks them all together in one fantastic mix.

I wasn't off it for a whole weekend. It's just simply fucking awesome.

glad to hear it.

whats the forums consensus on WW then? I hated the atmosphere, loved alot of the gameplay and really got into the story. i thought the Dhakata chases were really slick stuff and the sand wraith section was really fun. liked the way that worked.

uh oh. gol play sands of time its way, way, way better. its actually a prince of persia game as opposed to prince of wanky metal gothic horseshit theme.

I played "Warrior Within" first and later "Sands of Time", not sure if it's because I played "SoT" on PC and the controls weren't as good as the GC ones but I prefered "WW", true the music was shite, and there wasn't much need for the prince to start swearing and talking like hes been smoking too much all his life, but I felt it was a better game.

Bought "The Two Thrones" for GC today, looking forward to getting home on Thursday so that I can actually play it.

My copy* appears to be stuck in the pre-Christmas postal traffic, so it looks like I'll have to wait until Tuesday.

I loved The Sands of Time as it was simply so different to everything else on the market. The combat sections were far too drawn out, but the actual system was pretty slick in small doses; we have Ninja Gaiden for those hankering after a complex fighting mechanic. But that wasn't what the game was about: in the end hacking and slashing always gave way to leaping and bounding.

Warrior Within tried to address the combat issue, but I think it went about it the wrong way. Rather than simply lessening, or even removing, the combat, Ubisoft tried to make it more complex and involving. Whilst there were plenty of excellent acrobatic sections in the sequel, conflict with lacklustre enemies — as opposed to a labyrinthian environment — always seemed to take precedence. It certainly wasn't all bad, but it did smack of an out of kilter attempt at applying 'market research' to a game that wasn't intended for the market bracket staples that ended up pinning it down — they tried to fit a round peg in a square hole.

With any luck The Two Thrones will at least bring majestic traversal of the game world back to the forefront, and the stealth killing element might make combat a more intuitive part of the game as opposed to the often staccato pacing of the previous titles in the series. Here's hoping.

*'Cube version. I bought the other two for the GCN, so I felt like sticking to tradition — I find the GameCube's pad the most apt.

I was going to buy the new POP but decided to buy Prince Of Persia: Revelations for PSP instead. I got rid of WW (and never completed it, or got that far) to help buy something else (probably a Nintendo made game).

I reckon a PoP will work really well on the PSP, time will tell.....

:D

i defeated this boss dude recently, in this arena place, and now im stuck on this puzzle with 2 moving blocks. its probably really easy but it has me confused

some of the leaping and quick kills are breath taking

wall run is as good as ever with springboards,curtains chains and knife plates

quite fantasy how the whole thing is set up for you tho

i defeated this boss dude recently, in this arena place, and now im stuck on this puzzle with 2 moving blocks. its probably really easy but it has me confused

some of the leaping and quick kills are breath taking

wall run is as good as ever with springboards,curtains chains and knife plates

quite fantasy how the whole thing is set up for you tho

Im going to assume that prince of persia 4 is going to happen one day and from what i know it's likely to be another prince (his son, maybe?). what the series needs to really make it shine is more than one way of doing something in the platforming. and another kick ass trillogy, naturally.

isnt that a diet version of WW? probably not worth the cash man, just get tt.

No i thought it was the full game of WW, with extra hard levels and puzzles etc..so it's more not less...

Of course i could be wrong, but for £29 and someone buying me it for Xmas, i don't mind.

There can't be another game in the Sands of Time tillogy. The Dagger of Time has been totally destroyed, it happens at the end of the game. The next game will have to be totally different, possibly without the rewind also...

The original was my favourite game of the previous generation perhaps, but I lothed Warrior Within (pure rushed shite).

I desperately want to play the 3rd one, but unfortunetly M$ aint got their asses in gear for backwards compatibility with the title yet :( oh well, at least ill get it cheaper when it arrives.

Well, I just give up playing Warrior Within, took me ages dancing and flying around blah blah blah only to find hidden artwork at the end..

whats the forums consensus on WW then? I hated the atmosphere, loved alot of the gameplay and really got into the story. i thought the Dhakata chases were really slick stuff and the sand wraith section was really fun. liked the way that worked.

I personally loved WW - it was the next logical step for the series (the content was far darker than SOT, hence the darker, grittier atmosphere, no?), and the story really propelled it along. Loved the Dhaka chase sequences too, and the battles were perfectly gauged, unlike the irritating ceaseless waves of enemies you had to get through in SOT. Plus, no annoying Farah to keep getting killed all the time! Hurray! The only downside to WW for me was the fact that the Cube version was plagued with bugs (to a greater degree than the other versions), and it took me three attempts to get past the start of the game.

Having said that though, I love both games and am looking forward to getting TT on Friday (birthday, hurray!)

________

Ford si6 engine history

Edited by Johelian

I totally appreciate the fact that the series was supposed to go in a darker direction for the sequel but....god, it was done in such a terrible, terrible way. early press stuff indicated that the prince had been driven mad by the Dhakata and that felt like an awesome idea- to replace the romantic hero with a tourtured man fighting for his life is a great idea.

however, the only thing they managed was to replace everything good about SoT with this...grotesque cock metal farce of a character who's seemingly only trait of 'madness' was calling the fetish woman a bitch.

that's why i hated the game. the story was still good, and the gameplay was freakin awesome. I just cannot tolerate the presentation.

I personally loved WW - it was the next logical step for the series (the content was far darker than SOT, hence the darker, grittier atmosphere, no?), and the story really propelled it along. Loved the Dhaka chase sequences too, and the battles were perfectly gauged, unlike the irritating ceaseless waves of enemies you had to get through in SOT. Plus, no annoying Farah to keep getting killed all the time! Hurray! The only downside to WW for me was the fact that the Cube version was plagued with bugs (to a greater degree than the other versions), and it took me three attempts to get past the start of the game.

Having said that though, I love both games and am looking forward to getting TT on Friday (birthday, hurray!)

I bought Sands Of Time for the PS2, if i remember correctly i was impatient and couldn't wait the extra week for the GC version. Loved it, even the PS2 pad worked pretty well, although i did wish i just waited, theres something about the PS2 controller i just don't like. I loved the whole atmosphere of this game, and there was LOADS of jumping about etc..

Warrior Within i purchased for Xbox, loved it, got stuck on this bit which was bloody annoying me and stupidly got rid of it without completing it. Now i'm buying it again for the PSP and will complete it!

The Two Thrones i'm considering now, as long as it has that SOT feeling and kinda has more exploring and puzzle solving then fighting...i really do not like the fighting in any of the games..for some reason i think it should be more climbing etc..I also want that 'adventure' feeling, WW was set in a dark place and kinda castle wasn't it? i rather have a more atmospheric location like the first one, it was more light so to speak..i'm kinda contridicting myself now because i did like the dark location of the second one..but if i had to choose between SOT or WW, SOT would win hands down!

Perhaps i could be cheeky and ask for this game for Xmas? Although i have quite a few different DS games coming from different family members, and it would be best to complete WW first! I'll see.... :wink:

I've been given the three most recent PoP titles for christmas and I'm nearing the end of Sands of Time. I really like this game, I've been very immersed in it for the last few days.

However, I'm stuck on 'Climbing the Tower of Dawn'. I've gotta like, wall jump down this chimney and I simply cannot do it. Am I just crap at the technique or am I doing it wrong? Can anybody help me out, tips, pointers...Cause man, I will kill someone if I don't do this soon.

I bought Sands Of Time for the PS2, if i remember correctly i was impatient and couldn't wait the extra week for the GC version.

Exactly the same as me :) Although Im pretty sure it was more than a week, since I got the PS2 version of this (and BG&E) for Christmas and traded them in after the new year to get the newly released GC versions. I actually prefer the PS2 version of SoT, as I personally thought it looked alot nicer than the GC version - purely because everything was slightly blurred at the edges to make it look less jaggy. The GC version on the other hand had been designed to look sharper, and didnt look quite as pretty IMO.

The Two Thrones i'm considering now, as long as it has that SOT feeling and kinda has more exploring and puzzle solving then fighting...i really do not like the fighting in any of the games..for some reason i think it should be more climbing etc..I also want that 'adventure' feeling, WW was set in a dark place and kinda castle wasn't it? i rather have a more atmospheric location like the first one, it was more light so to speak..i'm kinda contridicting myself now because i did like the dark location of the second one..but if i had to choose between SOT or WW, SOT would win hands down!

Perhaps i could be cheeky and ask for this game for Xmas? Although i have quite a few different DS games coming from different family members, and it would be best to complete WW first! I'll see.... :wink:

I agree again - I dont really mind fighting, but when you have hordes of respawning enemies that you have to defeat smacking you around, I start to lose patience very quickly. This was the real downside of SoT for me; too many of the battles went on for too long, particularly the one on the elevator (anyone thats done that will know what I mean). WW on the other hand didnt have any difficult battles as far as I can recall, and I never felt as though I was doing the same thing over and over again. In fact, Im playing it again now on PSP so I guess I will be able to correct myself if Im wrong. ;)

Im playing Two Thrones at the mo, and enjoying it quite a bit - although the stealth aspect borders on being a little too much for me. It makes me wonder what will be in the next game - changing outfits to fool enemies? While I like that they are expanding the formula, I think theres a certain point where changes are just there for the sake of change, and I think theyre toeing the line now.

________

20SEH

Edited by Johelian

Sign in to follow this