NEurope
Daft

Films you've walked out of...

It's one of their best. Th Big Lebowski and Fargo being the other two of similar note.

Fargo and Barton Fink are my favourites, I found Lebowski pretty funny but not really on the same level. Fargo especially is just... perfect.

Yeah it's truly brilliant. I do love the big leb though. There's so much amazing humour in it.

Hudsucker Proxy genuinely has my heart. Watched it when I was a young'un, and it's entrenched.

Fargo (Perfect) > NCFOM (Masterpiece) > Big Lebowski=Miller's Crossing (Great) > Hudsucker Proxy=Barton Fink=A Serious Man=Bloodsimple=The Man Who Wasn't There=Oh Brother Where Art Thou (Pretty damn good) > Rising Arizona(good enough) > Burn After Reading(meh) > Intolerable Cruelty(crap) > The Ladykillers(crap and then some).

Necro bumping this thread because eh why not!

Just tried to watch Sin City A Dame to Kill For. Nope, can’t do it. It’s just wrong. I can understand some of the casting differences due to deaths, scheduling, life what have you. But I can’t understand the generally poor casting choices/directing. And the makeup department should be smacked. They made Marv look absolutely ridiculous I wasn’t even sure it was still Mickey Rourke?

So...anyone else decide a movie was far too awful to waste their time on lately?

also slightly skimmed the thread, @Cube you should be ashamed for being bored by No Country for Old Men. It’s all so fantastic. But I suppose I can concede that it’s a methodical slow pace and really not a ton happens at times. But even so...shame. 

My mate walked out of that Herbie remake with Lindsey Lohan, but because none of the rest of us followed, he just had to wait around in the car park til it finished anyway.

Slightly off topic, but we went to see the Harry Potter play last night. It's split into two separate plays, 2 hours apart. But each play has two halves with a 15 interval. So four quarters.

The guy next to me left after the first quarter, thinking it was the end of the first play, then returned for the second play and clearly had no clue what was going on. He was huffing and blowing and gesticulating at the stage in a confused way, and eventually walked out 5 minutes before the interval.

What an idiot, and what a waste of a £140 ticket.

Hahah that’s great. I kind of feel bad for the guy though that he didn’t realize about the intermissions though. 

Hahah that’s great. I kind of feel bad for the guy though that he didn’t realize about the intermissions though. 
I felt bad for him initially, but after he muttered and sighed through the whole third quarter right next to me, I was glad he left.
He smelled strongly of booze as well, so it's pretty obvious what he spent his time away doing.

Good gravy that's what we call thread necromancy. I want to say I've never walked out of a film but maybe in 2010 I was a compulsive liar and I don't want to get caught out.

5 hours ago, bob said:

My mate walked out of that Herbie remake with Lindsey Lohan

Fair play. She's seen better days, but I still would.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

Good gravy that's what we call thread necromancy. I want to say I've never walked out of a film but maybe in 2010 I was a compulsive liar and I don't want to get caught out.

If I’m going to necrobump I’m going to do it in style. 

I've never walked out of a movie but the closest I came to doing so was Amazing Spider-man 2.

I don't think I've ever walked out of a film for reasons of taste, came closest during Flags Of Our Fathers because it was so unspeakably dull, but I do remember walking out of Black Swan about halfway through because I had a panic attack. 

Well if we're doing illness related leavings, we had to leave The Help halfway through because we had to take our friend to A&E with a kidney infection.

On 26/02/2018 at 1:03 AM, Nolan said:

also slightly skimmed the thread, @Cube you should be ashamed for being bored by No Country for Old Men. It’s all so fantastic. But I suppose I can concede that it’s a methodical slow pace and really not a ton happens at times. But even so...shame. 

Probably a mixture of the mood I was in at the time as well as not really into watching films at home anyway. 

I've never walked out of a film and I'm not sure I would out of principle. If you're watching a film, you should ideally watch it until the end before you have an opinion of it. Imagine watching the first 10 minutes of The Terminator and then deciding it wasn't for you. It's an alien concept to me. Watch the whole lot and then form an opinion of it. 

I've never walked out of a film and I'm not sure I would out of principle. If you're watching a film, you should ideally watch it until the end before you have an opinion of it. Imagine watching the first 10 minutes of The Terminator and then deciding it wasn't for you. It's an alien concept to me. Watch the whole lot and then form an opinion of it. 
I agree to an extent. If you've been there for 10 minutes and you walk out, your opinion isn't valid to me. If you've struggled through a film for at least an hour and you were so bored, that would say a lot.

I've sat through most films but there's one I just had to leave because it was so painful to watch in the first place. The Haunting in Connecticut. It was a load of shit. I watched the ending when it came out on DVD...glad I walked out when I did. It really didn't get any better.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back when I saw this thread bumped, I couldn't remember the only film I've walked out of. My brain memory erasing feature at work. After some Googling of the few keywords that were barely clinging to my memory, I could figure it out:

My scientology movie, a documentary by Louis Theroux.

I knew the guy, but I had never actually watched one of his TV documentaries, so I never knew how annoying I'd find him. Incredibly annoying apparently.

There were several principles and interests clashing while watching the film.

- Like others, I don't think you can fully judge a film when you haven't seen all of it.
- That said, my intuition is not often wrong.
- I also had no interest in scientology.
- But then again, I didn't actually know anything about it.
- I don't watch documentaries often in general.

Obviously, I decided to give it a chance. Halfway through, I already knew I wasn't going to like it, nothing was going to change it. But because of my principles, I stayed. Until, I'm guessing 10 minutes before the ending, where I really had enough, and wanted to save the 10 minutes of my life I was still able to save. Never did I want to crack my skull against a brick wall more than during that film. I have learned nothing about Scientology. I remember one of the guys he inteviewed, who was an asshole, but he had an excellent point and put Louis in his place. But I can't remember what it was.

Wait you actually missed the last 10 minutes of My Scientology Movie?! I agree that the rest of the film was shit but the ending was some of the most amazing scenes I've ever watched.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoogleViper said:

Wait you actually missed the last 10 minutes of My Scientology Movie?! I agree that the rest of the film was shit but the ending was some of the most amazing scenes I've ever watched.

Describe it to me.

10 hours ago, MoogleViper said:

I totally didn't see that twist coming. 

20 hours ago, MoogleViper said:

Life changing

Well, it's the first film I remember ever walking out of, so it has been life changing.

But now you got me curious..

Did it involve dragons?

Edited by Sméagol

I don't think I'd ever walk out of a film/stop watching a film early because I didn't like it, purely because I think you need to see the whole thing to form an opinion.   But I was damn close to wanting to walk out of Ready Player One during the week.  I was not the right audience for it at all.

19 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

I don't think I'd ever walk out of a film/stop watching a film early because I didn't like it, purely because I think you need to see the whole thing to form an opinion.   But I was damn close to wanting to walk out of Ready Player One during the week.  I was not the right audience for it at all.

What is the right audience? I was planning on seeing it.