NEurope
Daft

Films you've walked out of...

[..]

Got to the point about thirty minutes in where Casey Affleck is beating up Jessica Alba and I had to switch it off. It was vile.

[..]

You missed out on him doing the same to Kate Hudson.

I never walk out of films out of principle. And when you go to festivals, some films will test your patience..

This is a scene of a film I sat through all the way through, I dare you to watch more than 2 minutes of it:

I vaguely remember only one time I really coundn't stay awake during a film, but I can't remember which one, or if it was on a festival or not. But I have a feeling it was simply a case of being too tired, than that it was the film's fault. I mean, I managed although barely) to stay awake during that film above, while the guys next to me both were asleep.

Simple, Daft has good taste in movies, Slumdog is nothing but an overhyped piece of trash of a movie that was only 'good' in the viewers eyes because it's set in India.

I talk to Indians about the movie, they all laugh at us people for liking it.

I thought it was average. My acceptance threshold for stereotyping is almost perfectly elastic I guess, and so I don't feel so strongly about it as Daft (this ain't no criticism).

I guess the way the film went about things was corny and ignorant, but then I'm quite ignorant/uncaring so just saw it as a decent film. It was on its knees throughout however.

Needless to say I didn't walk out on it. Not sure what would make me do so. Well.

What kind of douche would hate Scott Pilgrim?

Andrew whitehurst who did a lot of the visual effects came to talk to us last week about his work, he did stuff for iron man 2, wolfman and scott pilgrim plus others.

When he asked who had watched it (nearly all of the 60-90 odd students there) he was really pleased and mentioned that a lot of people didn't like the film at all.

I was shocked, it's fucking awesome.

I've never walked out of a cinema, although I'll admit I really wanted to when I went to see The Island. Strangely, though, I now like the film but at the time, I just thought it was awful but then I didn't really watch many movies back then.

I've probably turned many movies off when watching them on TV for various reasons. Unfortunately I'll admit I couldn't bring myself to turn off Vanilla Sky when I first saw it on TV. Mainly because it was so bad that I wanted to see it through to the end to see just how bad it got. I died a little inside that day from doing that. Don't think I watched another movie for weeks because of that piece of s**t.

[..]

Unfortunately I'll admit I couldn't bring myself to turn off Vanilla Sky when I first saw it on TV. Mainly because it was so bad that I wanted to see it through to the end to see just how bad it got. I died a little inside that day from doing that. Don't think I watched another movie for weeks because of that piece of s**t.

Too bad you watched the wrong version.

Oh, I saw The Killer Inside Me also. Didn't walk out, but it was way too violent to be enjoyable.

Yeah, it was just too much. I probably would have stuck with it in the cinema a bit more because of the cash but I wouldn't have been happy.

You missed out on him doing the same to Kate Hudson.

I suspected that would be the end of it.

I've fallen asleep through just about every CG/Pixar/Dreamworks movie ever conceived, with the exception of UP

The only movie i ever wanted to walk out of was Hannibal due to 'guy who cut his own face off' getting so much screen time.

mason-verger.jpg

Edited by Pit-Jr

Dinner for Schmucks - a little better, but still horribly contrived. And too cringeworthy to be in any way watchable (this is coming from someone who likes cringe-based humour).

I hope you mean the remake.

This is a scene of a film I sat through all the way through, I dare you to watch more than 2 minutes of it:

Béla Tarr is actually kind of nice, I like the austerity he confers his films. It really reminds me of my grandparents' village. I've never seen the man from London, but many consider it his worst film, so it makes sense it wouldn't be that good. You should watch Satan's Tango.

I liked Slumdog Millionaire when I saw it. I didn't love it but I thought it weren't bad and just like LostOverThere, I almost walked out of Robin Hood but I stuck by it. I've only ever properly walked out of one movie and that was:

hauntinginct_1sht2b_a.jpg

My GOD it was bad! I went with my then-girlfriend and her mates for her birthday. It was about forty-five minutes through and it was just uninteresting and quite stupid and I walked out. I kind of tried to occupy myself with my ex but she loved the movie too much so I just said "I'll be in the next room and I'm gonna watch that movie" and she said "Okay" and so I entered the room opposite to find that this was showing:

twilight-poster1.jpg

...which was 10x more entertaining, believe me. By then, the stupid screeching weirdos weren't there because it was out for a while so it was all good.

By the way, I did watch The Haunting in Connecticut again at my mate's house on DVD when he got it and I gave it a chance. I hated it even more on the second watch.

About Slumdog, if we're being honest, the first two thirds are quite great... but the final third is a turd. Ah!

Childhood - awesome

Young teen - quite good

Late teen/young adult - jesus christ, this is terrible.

I have no interest in ever seeing Slumdog Millionaire. I don't know why. Even when it came out I wasn't interested.

Lol @ Slumdog. Edward Said and Orientalism say hi.

Anyway, I'm not much of a movie guy, but me and my mate went to see this awful shit called Doomsday, which was some post-apocalyptic nonsense. Genuinely the worst thing I have ever seen. I would rather stare at meatspin for 90 minutes than watch that film.

I hope you mean the remake.

Obviously, I found out about the original after looking up the film on wiki after seeing it, and it looks more interesting.

And I also sat through the Haunting in Connecticut, but it was more hilariously bad than just awful, so I was motivated to stay put. Although I think people were getting annoyed at how we were bursting out laughing at all the "scary" bits. :heh:

It was more hilariously bad than just awful, so I was motivated to stay put. Although I think people were getting annoyed at how we were bursting out laughing at all the "scary" bits. :heh:

This is me watching pretty much 96% of all horror movies. It's a mostly ridiculous genre. I don't think the people who were watching Paranormal Activity very much enjoyed my presence there. The worst was Saw 3, the "you will drown in pig guts" death trap just made me die laughing. Seriously? Is that all they could come up with?

And I also sat through the Haunting in Connecticut, but it was more hilariously bad than just awful, so I was motivated to stay put. Although I think people were getting annoyed at how we were bursting out laughing at all the "scary" bits. :heh:

To be honest, I found it funny too but it was annoying because I was the only one who wasn't scared and was giggling a couple of times. Everyone I went to the cinema with was scared of it so they liked it but I just got up and left after forty-five minutes and went into the next room to which Twilight was showing.

This is me watching pretty much 96% of all horror movies. It's a mostly ridiculous genre. I don't think the people who were watching Paranormal Activity very much enjoyed my presence there. The worst was Saw 3, the "you will drown in pig guts" death trap just made me die laughing. Seriously? Is that all they could come up with?

I agree with you, recent horror movies are hilariously bad and I laughed at that bit in Saw III as well. The funniest and pointless horror movie I have ever seen was Halloween 2 2010. It was just bad on so many levels.

The comic thing spoken about from the last page...

I don't get how not watching all a film isn't the same as reading the whole comic issue?

Saying it's different because comics have lots of issues is silly because films get loads of sequels.

By your logic it'd be okay to stop watching Saw halfway through?

The comic thing spoken about from the last page...

I don't get how not watching all a film isn't the same as reading the whole comic issue?

Saying it's different because comics have lots of issues is silly because films get loads of sequels.

By your logic it'd be okay to stop watching Saw halfway through?

He wasn't talking about a single comic issue. He was talking about Wolf-Man, a series, which I've read the whole first volume of. I didn't just stop mid-issue.

Obviously reading half a comic, and half a film are the same thing. i.e bad, shouldn't do it. That's not what I was talking about.

It's two different mediums that shouldn't be compared in the same manner (due to the different nature of how they tell stories), but if what you're talking about had happened, you'd be right. You just missed the point/didn't understand what we were on about.

Doomsday is one of the best movies to DIYMST3K with beers and mates. It has a role on this earth.

Is that a sexual reference?

Also, your last sentence should be used in the context of Doomsday, on Miriam Webster as an illustrative example of the word "wrong."

do it yourself Mystery Science Theater 3000 - it's a film where you sit and take the piss out of it extensively. It motivates hilarity with ease. Such films are and should be part of a staple diet of Things To Do When You Have No Money On A Friday Night Out.

Your last sentence is gay.

I enjoy doing that with films. Setting out to intentionally take the piss out of them. Most recently, and hilariously, it was:

life+size.jpg

Sends me into fits thinking about it.

I enjoy doing that with films. Setting out to intentionally take the piss out of them. Most recently, and hilariously, it was:

life+size.jpg

Sends me into fits thinking about it.

I see your Life Size and raise you a Junior:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUqH7gxCfUNlrJvGBfyUOpkxaiCF6DEnOTB8R5KtGYRFl_1uZ9

Horror films are peculiar. Never really felt the urge to just sit down and watch one, even for unintentional comedy value. There can be something hilarious about excessive violence though. I remember me and my dad were in fits of laughter the first time I played Resident Evil 4. Ah, memories.