NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KingOfHyrule

The perfect launch lineup?

I think there should only be 2 launch games from Nintendo themselves and make up the rest with 3rd party titles, I’d go with:

A good single player game like Metroid or Mario (more likely) and a primarily multiplayer based game like Warioware or Smash Bros. (again more likely).

Then 2 weeks after launch another 1st party game (assuming the previous week has seen 3rd party releases). And from that point onwards at least one 1st party title a month.

Oh – and a steady release of downloadable retro games too. :wink:

Bundled with the actual system should be a demo disk to get you used to the new style of playing, perhaps even an updated version of duck hunt :grin: , same graphics as the NES version, but updated to use the Revs controller.

Besides that i think it should launch with the following first party games;

Mario 128

Smash Bros

Metroid Prime 3

At the TGS Iwata made a point about the Rev becoming a great system for FPS games, and i think to make this happen one needs to be available at launch, and what better franchise to launch then a new Metroid Prime game?

Then the usual first party games should be stagger over months/years (mario kart, fzero, zelda, pilot wings, star fox, donkey kong ect), but id love to see some new franchises made this generation, put metroid asside for one moment, cause it isnt really i FPS (more of a FPS), the next franchise i think Nintendo should make is of the FPS genre.

They need to make the FPS with a good story and fixed characters, like in mario, he is the hero and bowser is the villan, in zelda, link is the hero and gannon the villan, they should stick to the same plan and always have a set character and a set villan, that way the franchise should never die out.

Bundled with the actual system should be a demo disk to get you used to the new style of playing, perhaps even an updated version of duck hunt :grin: , same graphics as the NES version, but updated to use the Revs controller.

Thats a great idea :) Would push the whole downloading retro games thing as well.

Mario 128 hopefully will launch with the system as Iwata wants Shigsy to get it ready in time. Smash Bros hopefully too, as Iwata as said it will be availiable for launch.

And Prime 3 will have been in development long enough by then to be out around the console's launch too. What a line-up!

Thats a great idea :) Would push the whole downloading retro games thing as well.

Mario 128 hopefully will launch with the system as Iwata wants Shigsy to get it ready in time. Smash Bros hopefully too, as Iwata as said it will be availiable for launch.

And Prime 3 will have been in development long enough by then to be out around the console's launch too. What a line-up!

No doubt. It is a fantastic line-up...but your forgetting one thing.

CAMELOT'S RPG! They confirmed that they were making an RPG at least 2 and a half years ago, so by launch it should be ready and very polished.

Who knows if it's Golden Sun, but I hope not. Golden Sun is INCREDIBLE don't get me wrong, but I have a feeling that given another chance to make a new IP, with the REV interface especially, they could make something along the lines of "killer-app".....easy.

Anyway, so that's 4 titles that I'm going to buy!

What else has been confirmed?

I can safely assume that a FPS will launch either with the REV or a couple months later.

Sports will definitely be on the REV and in time for launch.

Maybe a Sonic, but I doubt it.

So basically we have...

--Platformer

--Fighter

--Adventure (metriod)

--FPS

--RPG

--Sports

That's decent in terms of GENRES, but in terms of GAMES...WOW! Not to mention the 221 Nintendo published games on the "virtual console."

Anyway, I wouldn't be the least surprised if E3 06 showcased MANY REV titles secretly being developed by Capcom, Namco, Konami...among others...

Sign in to follow this