NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KingOfHyrule

The perfect launch lineup?

A Nintendo Sports Collection would be great.

Tennis, golf etc with the new controller!

Yeah, any of Mario Tennis, Golf, Baseball would work fantastic with the new controller.

I think we may see Nintendo's realistic sports titles first though; Wave Race and 1080, as this was the case on both the N64 and GC.

However, Excitebike got an N64 release but not a GC one; so theres a chance we may be seeing that on the Rev.

Me and my friend were talking about a Tron Revolution. Imagine it, you can turn it on itside for the light cycle things, wave your arm about for the discs etc.

to make metroid a hit, a nice compelling story would have to match up to the awesome gameplay. maybe a story about Samus history and stuff :heh:

Nah, the Prime stories are sufficant IMO(meaning, make the story in the same style, not just copy&paste), but even tho they'll use the new controller setup, make it more like the Prime games and not Hunters, sure some actionpacked things of course, but also slow and exploring things.

Launch

Mario 128,

Super Smash Bros Revolution,

Metroid Prime 3,

Mario Party 8,

Burnout 4 (not Revenge),

Viewtiful Joe 3,

Sonic The Hedgehog,

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronciles II,

Luigi’s Mansion 2,

In-House FPS (by Retro or NST),

In-House RPG,

In-House Music Game,

In-House Virtual Pet Game (ala Nintendogs),

New In-House IP,

2nd/3rd Party New Action IP (exclusive),

3rd Party Beat ‘Em Up,

Selection of EA Sports Games,

Selection 3rd Party Racing Games (Namco, EA etc.),

Selection 3rd Party Action Games (Ubisoft, EA, Capcom etc.),

Selection 3rd Party Adventure Games (Ubisoft, THQ etc.),

Selection 3rd Party Puzzle Games,

RTS Game,

God Game.

Later Release

The Legend of Zelda Revolution,

Icarus,

Pikmin 3,

Resident Evil 5,

Splinter Cell 4,

Earthbound Revolution,

SoulCalibur 4,

Mario Kart Revolution,

Animal Crossing Revolution,

Excite Bike Revolution,

Pro Evolution Soccor,

GTA 5 (it could happen),

Dynasty Warriors,

Batallion Wars 2,

Starfox Revolution,

Timesplitters 4,

Lots of Action Titles,

Lots of FPSs,

Lots of RPGs,

Lots of New Genres,

General 3rd Party Support.

I'm sure there's millions more I could think of, but I could go on forever, so I'll leave it there. I've left some of the key titles out of launch, as it's more realistic to have some titles release at a later date.

Mario 128

Smash Bros Revo

Nintendogs Revo

Wario Ware Revo

Wave Race

Piolet Wings (be amazing i remeber playing the N64 one for the first time)

New Franchise from Shigsy

SSX From EA

New Sonic Game

Advance Wars

Street Fighter (can't see it happening but be amzing)

Bomberman

Ridge Racer

Then couple of EA sports games

i recon Metroid prime 3, Mario Kart and Animal Crossing will lanch 6 months after launch.

Zelda 1 and a Half years after launch

Nah, the Prime stories are sufficant IMO(meaning, make the story in the same style, not just copy&paste), but even tho they'll use the new controller setup, make it more like the Prime games and not Hunters, sure some actionpacked things of course, but also slow and exploring things.

no, what i was saying is that we need a MORE emotionally gripping story so that we can feel connected to samus :happy:

no, what i was saying is that we need a MORE emotionally gripping story so that we can feel connected to samus :happy:

And I'm not agreeing with you ;) (note, I'm not trying to start a flamewar or anything, just want to discuss a bit)

I think that part of the charm with playing Samus is just that you know so little about her. You know so little about her, and you are stranded on some beautiful alien planet where you could possibly be killed any minute. So no, I don't want a more emotionally gripping story, since then I think it would take away from the game. Sure, sprinkle in some more of the whole parents killed thing, but only from flashbacks etc then, in "now" time, I want to be all alone, somewhere where I can feel really lost and the only sounds I here are the water dripping in the cave and the roar of distant(or not so distant) monsters.

That's how I feel anyway :)

I think they should have at least Smash brothers as launch title (make a bundle) to keep us busy for along time. But also a new Mario. That has always worked best.

Also I would like to see Metroid Prime 3 and a new F Zero 0_0 ready for laun or within the month after.

;_; I just read about a FF CC being made for Rev ;_; I would sooo love that

A perfect launch for me would NOT have that many greatgames.

Mario and Wario Ware at launch, along with LOTS of 3rd party games - Some classics too would be nice.

We need to stagger NIntendos games, a month later comes Smah Bros, a month after that comes Shigsys new game, a motnh after comes another etc. etc.

I can really see NIntendo making a few lightgun games. I cant wait till Nintendo show some games!! Hopefully at their WiFi speech in October!

I'd expect Animal Crossing may not be that far behind this lot either.

Of course, why didn't I think of that, the controller would work perfectly for AC, catiching fish/bugs, chopping down trees, etc, you could even use it as a virtual psintbrush for desigining your own clothes, I want this game now :weep:

Of course, why didn't I think of that, the controller would work perfectly for AC, catiching fish/bugs, chopping down trees, etc, you could even use it as a virtual psintbrush for desigining your own clothes, I want this game now :weep:

LOL,

Some great controller ideas there Twilight'!

An online, totally interactive Animal Crossing could be one of most immersive games ever!

As well as a decent launch line-up, I would also appreciate one or two bundle packs, for example:

The Super Smash Bros Bundle

Contains the following:

1x Revolution

1x Controller

1x Super Smash Bros. (N64) (could be already downloaded onto Revolution, or perhaps a code you have to input that gives you it for free.)

1x Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)

1x Super Smash Bros. Revo

Sure, sprinkle in some more of the whole parents killed thing, but only from flashbacks etc then, in "now" time, I want to be all alone, somewhere where I can feel really lost and the only sounds I here are the water dripping in the cave and the roar of distant(or not so distant) monsters.

That's how I feel anyway :)

well that what i ment, i just wanted to know at least there is a background :heh:

The 'Probable Launch':

Nintendo:

Mario 128(Goes down in history as the greatest platformer of all time)1 player

Wario Ware(The best one yet)4 player

Super Smash Bros. 3(The best selling game at release, but has flaws)Online-

4 player

Wave Race(Awesome but hugely dismissed)Online-4 player

Metroid Prime 3(Hopefully)(Becomes Halo's rival, breathtaking)Online-4 player

EA:

Fifa World Cup 2006(Dissapointing, just a port)Online-4 player

Madden 2006(America only)4 player

Need for Speed(Nice graphics, but is letdown by repetitiveness, another port)Online-2 player

Sega:

Sonic the Hedgehog(Stunning and uses the 'remote')1 player

Super Monkey Ball 3(Great fun, 12 new party games that rock too)Online-

4 player

Namco:

Ridge Racer 6(A port, but a great game)Online-4 player

Ubisoft:

Splinter Cell 4(Uses the 'remote, turns out well)Online-2 player

Capcom:

Viewtiful Joe 3(Uses the 'remote to a fantastic extent, sells better than usual) 2-player

Square-Enix:

Final Fantasy:Chrystal Chronicals 2(Online, cool fighting system with the remote, sells well)Online

Activision:

Tony Hawks(Another port)Online-2 player

Date:

Japan: September 2006

America: October 2006

Europe(other PAL territories): November 2006(Hopefully) :grin:

That's probably it... Well it's just a big guess actually, an accurate one i think though. :hmm:

Launch

Mario 128,

Super Smash Bros Revolution,

Metroid Prime 3,

Mario Party 8,

Burnout 4 (not Revenge),

Viewtiful Joe 3,

Sonic The Hedgehog,

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronciles II,

Luigi’s Mansion 2,

In-House FPS (by Retro or NST),

In-House RPG,

In-House Music Game,

In-House Virtual Pet Game (ala Nintendogs),

New In-House IP,

2nd/3rd Party New Action IP (exclusive),

3rd Party Beat ‘Em Up,

Selection of EA Sports Games,

Selection 3rd Party Racing Games (Namco, EA etc.),

Selection 3rd Party Action Games (Ubisoft, EA, Capcom etc.),

Selection 3rd Party Adventure Games (Ubisoft, THQ etc.),

Selection 3rd Party Puzzle Games,

RTS Game,

God Game.

Later Release

The Legend of Zelda Revolution,

Icarus,

Pikmin 3,

Resident Evil 5,

Splinter Cell 4,

Earthbound Revolution,

SoulCalibur 4,

Mario Kart Revolution,

Animal Crossing Revolution,

Excite Bike Revolution,

Pro Evolution Soccor,

GTA 5 (it could happen),

Dynasty Warriors,

Batallion Wars 2,

Starfox Revolution,

Timesplitters 4,

Lots of Action Titles,

Lots of FPSs,

Lots of RPGs,

Lots of New Genres,

General 3rd Party Support.

I'm sure there's millions more I could think of, but I could go on forever, so I'll leave it there. I've left some of the key titles out of launch, as it's more realistic to have some titles release at a later date.

This is a perfect line-up for revo launch. A dream... :awesome:

There cant possibly be the 'perfect' line up. Because a perfect one is impossible with a brand new console. Also they cant just chuck mario, zelda and metroid all out at once, theyll do it over time. But if there was to be a rev launch with that, everyone that is smart would want one! :D

I think there should be a game where you change channels on your TV.

A new Metroid would be nice and a good platformer and ofcourse the online version of SSBM

First and foremost, the ability to download your first 3-5 NES, SNES, or N64 games free. There should be several, which have been upgraded to use the new technology and possibly online e.g. Goldeneye, Mario Kart.

As for the Revolutions lineup I don't think there will be too many first party titles.

Mario Revolution

Smash Bros Revolution

Wave Race/1080/Excitebike/Pilotwings

New IP's by 2nd parties (shooter by Retro?)

A bunch of 3rd party multiplatform titles

After launch we'll probably see all the other titles such as Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Metroid, Zelda, F-Zero X etc.

Sign in to follow this