NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KingOfHyrule

The perfect launch lineup?

For Nintendo to really take off with Revolution, the software has to showcase what this alien hardware is all about - what would be your perfect launch lineup for the system? I think mine would have to be -

Mario 128

Super Smash Bros. Rev

A driving game

A shooter

Something innovative that really shows off what it can do - a wacky minigame title maybe?

Save Metroid for later, and save Zelda for about two years into things (as usual) :yes:

i would put in the demos they played at tgs on a cd, like the fishing one and others just so people can get used to the contoller under different circumstances. At launch id like smash bros revolution and have it online straight away i know it will be but i dont want it to be like the ds and be online nealy a year later. id like some third party games like fifa or madden to be at launch. maybe someone could make a tennis game or badminton game for the revo, and that could be at launch to show the controllers off

Metroid will be an almost launch i think. Mario 128 & SSBR will be the most likely launch titles...and that new franchise Shigy's been working on.

Whatever shooter they make should have a memorable main character. They need 1 :)

SSB:R

Mario 128

Demo! (included with conole)

New franchise (FPS)

That'll do!

I also think metroid will be very close to launch. Nintendo have learned from their past mistakes and they want their launch line-up to pack a punch. I read somewhere that they expect Nintendo to have over 30 games ready at launch (including 3rd parties). Don't know if it's true or not, but it's a step in the right direction.

SSB:R

Mario 128

Metroid Prime 3

realistic racing game

a new old school Starfox

WarioWare to show off what is possible on the Revolution (basically the demos, but more of them and funnier)

That would keep me occupied for quite some time.

Mario, Smash Bros, Excitebike, sports games, FPS and RTS. These games or type of games could seriously show people what the Rev is made of. Using the Revo full capabilities on more than mini games is also very important.

WarioWare must be a iven for the launch titles, as it will instantly be accessible to so many users, and will quickly familiarise them with the new innovations of the controller, so that when they come to the 'proper' games, they will know exactly what to do and when to do it.

SSBR

Mario 128

StarFox game made by Nintendo and NOONE else

MarioKart

PilotWings

A decent FPS(Turoks triumphant return?)

Pikmin Rev

Christmas games

Metroid Prime 3

Zelda Rev

Donkey Konga(not too sure bout that though)

i bet you £1000 wario ware will be a launch game,

i predict mario to also be a launch, and smash bros. any zelda games will be a year after launch, metroid probably 6months later.

mario kart is never a launch game and never will be

actually metroid may well be a launch, but the trick is to not release to many AAA titles at once

• Like 1

Family guy the game

some game about hunting zombie rabbits

some game about passing gas

zelda rev edition

some shooting game i want to use that wand thingy

Family guy the game

some game about hunting zombie rabbits

some game about passing gas

zelda rev edition

some shooting game i want to use that wand thingy

:shock:

Beermonkey?!1 :D

Anyway, a game in the style of Killer 7 would do me just fine. :wink:

Although, as that is doubtful, a smash bros launch game and a mario kart launch game would be brilliant. :)

Definitely a good FPS, can't wait to play one using the pad, gonna be in FPS heaven using it with the analogue add-on.

Mario 128, want to see what they are going to do with him this time and how the pad is going to play its role.

SSBR, killer multiplayer title is essential for launch.

For Nintendo to really take off with Revolution, the software has to showcase what this alien hardware is all about - what would be your perfect launch lineup for the system? I think mine would have to be -

Mario 128

Super Smash Bros. Rev

A driving game

A shooter

Something innovative that really shows off what it can do - a wacky minigame title maybe?

Save Metroid for later, and save Zelda for about two years into things (as usual) :yes:

for the shooter I'd like a spin off of metroid - not a metroid game, in fact no mention of metroid in the title. and no samus (apart from maybe a cameo- but not shoe horned awkwardly)

something waky - I imagine Wario ware revolution would be a good game, in fact in the demo video when the screwed up music came on and there were those people dressed up - I thought that was wario ware :/

driving game... possibly.

I think a sports game though.

I'd also like a sword fighting game :D

:shock:

Beermonkey?!1 :D

Anyway, a game in the style of Killer 7 would do me just fine. :wink:

Although, as that is doubtful, a smash bros launch game and a mario kart launch game would be brilliant. :)

killer 7 style would easily use just the remote. time crisis is also perfect for 1 and/or 2 remotes

Besides SSB(which will probably jumpstart Revs Wi-Fi service), a title such as Wario Ware would be great to make people comfortable with the controller, and see alot of wacky ideas you could use it for.

I'd say that;

- SSB Revolution

- Wario Ware Revolution

- Mario 128

are all given launch titles, with a strong possibly of

- Metroid Prime 3

- and maybe even Pikmin 3

A conversion of Mario Kart Arcade, or even a new Mario Kart could be on the cards and I'd expect Animal Crossing may not be that far behind this lot either.

We could also see the much rumoured Pilotwings; as it's now perfectly suited to the new controller setup.

Hopefully a brand new FPS is in the making to combat Halo and totally own all due to the Revs perfectly suited controller and online capabilities!

If Sega are going to bring us Sonic The Hedgehog (and not a unique Rev Sonic game), then i'd expetc that could be there at launch and a good possibility of a Rev controller specific Super Monkey Ball.

Halo 2!!!! :D

Just loads of online games would be good. A couple of each big genre..

MK and a realistic 3rd party one.

Weird new Nintendo game

SSBM

Metroid Prime 3

Timesplitters 4?

Pro Evo 5 AND Fifa 200X!

a Tennis game

Personally I think that there should be a balence of games for us, and games for non-gamers. Nintendogs revolution (with outdoor play etc) would sell like hotcakes.

to make metroid a hit, a nice compelling story would have to match up to the awesome gameplay. maybe a story about Samus history and stuff :heh:

Sign in to follow this