NEurope
MadDog

Star Wars Mafia: The Game Thread

Like jay said, our player of the round I think was Smeagol.

Honourable mention to Marc, because he suspected me from early on!

Which was why we had to kill marc :P we knew we had lost and out of spite we couldn't let him win! :P

If you had targetted me last night, peeps, then today could've been different. My (real) role was that anyone targetting me would be roleblocked, and be absent from the write-ups. We immediately decided that I'd be the killer seeing as I was effectively invisible. I think my role was probably too powerful, and I hope maddog doesn't think marc's was too powerful too because honestly it wasn't THAT bad. Mind you, I'm assuming that other pages would've been less potent as the one he picked. Without checking, it's hard to really say whether it was OTT or not. Either way it certainly made the lynching fun. Just a shame the town got the lynch correct each time.

Our tactic was to kill off the KNOWN good guys from that list. I kept avoiding killing smeagol (except the night we were too late with our targets, I think? Not sure) because I felt I could shade him with evil tones -- which clearly worked as last dayphase we were one vote away, a vote that, if we had achieved it, would've sealed victory.

Good game Maddog! Sorry if I offended you in my anger. To make the last 4 players in any mafia game is an achievement, so I'll be glad of that :)

No not at all, i hardly come online on weekends aswell, so i kinda overreacted, maybe i was just in a mood when it happened, no hard feelings! :santa::santa::santa:

Funny how we've got a happy couple of Han and Leia left alive, plus R2-D2 who survives everything.

[..]I can't believe how good Sméagol is for someone who is a mafia newbie, seriously well played.

Your DIY one was my first mafia, but I've been in a few the meantime hmm? Aqui1a is the newbie here ;).

And yes, it's a shame Marcamillian didn't get to win. He was indeed the one who turned the tide (don't forget, he struck the mafia a mighty blow there, however, you had 2 kills a night 'till that point).

I personally blame The Peeps :D :p, for not seeing the logic in my arguments. :rolleyes. I partly blame myself too, I had the chance to hammer mr-paul, but at that point I was still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, at which point I became the suspect :|. Next time I won't hesitate!

What was the reason for killing Marcamillian though?

In retrospect I think my self-made role could've been better. I couldn;'t think of a decent day-power to make up, so I went with having no role but having to keep my role secret. Really, that made it impossible to earn trust. If I could do it differently I'd probably say that I could get added info on the previous night, or something.

Themed mafia games makes it harder to make shit up, and I do like that to a large extent. Maddog had a good mix of notable and 'cameo' characters.

Marcamillian couldn't have been any luckier. Not only could he narrow it down to a handful of people, but pretty much all of the townies on that page had been classed as "good" due to the write-up mentioning that people were jedis, or the maths showed that they can't be mafia. So it was just mr-paul (who simply appeared as good and had no night power) and Jayseven left.

Although I had fun messing with everyone on the day of my lynch.

Yeah good point! if we had continued having two kills a night (getting ReZ was BRILLIANT for us) we would've had this baked and sliced.

(another post!!) yeah, if anything leaving me and mr-paul was the 'best' our mafia could've hoped for. Neither could be investigated to be evil nor ever appear bad in the write-ups.

I understand why the mafia were annoyed at my bumping the thread, but tbh it wouldn't have mattered. The players knew when the day was going to end and really they were just waiting for mr-paul. I don't think me bumping it actually changed anything as they would have checked the thread anyway. But I'm sorry, I just wanted to see the end of the game!

From my point of view I was a bit annoyed. To die at the hands of a poisoner who was basically unstoppable after Rez was killed was a little unfair I think. I thought there was going to be a back-up healer among the town after Rez died so early as it basically gave the mafia two kills. But never mind. As for my role, well it was alright but again just because I didn't last long, I didn't feel like I fulfilled my potential in this. I did enjoy while I played it though, I just didn't like dying :p Thanks for hosting it Maddog, I'll look forward to your next one :)

I dunno, this game lacked ... depth for me. I was never into it. Granted, I died early, but I really wasn't bothered. Maybe it was the write-ups, I dunno. ::shrug:

Your DIY one was my first mafia, but I've been in a few the meantime hmm? Aqui1a is the newbie here ;).

And yes, it's a shame Marcamillian didn't get to win. He was indeed the one who turned the tide (don't forget, he struck the mafia a mighty blow there, however, you had 2 kills a night 'till that point).

I personally blame The Peeps :D :p, for not seeing the logic in my arguments. :rolleyes. I partly blame myself too, I had the chance to hammer mr-paul, but at that point I was still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, at which point I became the suspect :|. Next time I won't hesitate!

Payback! :laughing:

----------

Roles

(MD)(Godfather) Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine - mr-paul

(G)(Jailkeeper) Queen Amidala - Dyson/heroicjanitor

(G)(Sensor) C-3PO - gmac

(G)(Roleblocker) Lando Calrissian - Nintendohnut

(G)(Bodyguard) Chewbacca - The fish

(M)(Poisoner) Count Dooku - Ellmeister

(N)(Serial Killer) Jango Fett - Diageo

(G)(Page Sensor) Jar Jar Binks - Marcamillian

(M)(Lynch Bomb) General Grievous - Paj Meen Ah

(N)(Jester) Jabba the Hutt - Zell

(G)(Lie Detector) Qui-Gon Jinn - Jonnas

(G)(Doctor) Obi-Wan Kenobi - ReZourceman

(M)(Ninja) Darth Maul - jayseven

(G)(Governer) Princess Leia - Smeagol

(G)(Watcher) R2-D2 - Aqui1a

(G)(Cop) Luke Skywalker - chairdriver

(G)(Tracker) Han Solo - The Peeps

(M)(Roleblocker) Darth Vader - Cube

(G)(Watcher) Mace Windu - heroicjanitor

(G)(Double Voter) Yoda - Dannyboy-the-Dane

Mafia

Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine (Don) – mr-paul

You are Darth Sidious. Also known as Emperor Palpatine. You are the mafia don. If you are investigated, you will appear good.

Darth Vader (Roleblocker) - Cube

You are Darth Vader. You are the mafias Roleblocker. Each night you can select somebody to roleblock.

Count Dooku (Poisoner) - Ellmeister

You are Count Dooku. You have the ability to poison people. The person you poison will die 2 nights later. If your poisoned target is targeted by a doctor, they will be cured.

General Grievous (Lynch Bomb) – Paj Meen Ah

You are General Grievous. You are part of the mafia. You are a lynch bomb, whoever casts the final vote against you, will be killed.

Darth Maul (Ninja) - jayseven

You are Darth Maul. You are part of the mafia. You don’t appear in the write ups. If someone targets you, they will be sent a PM saying they was roleblocked.

Each night, one of you can perform a kill on whoever you wish. Whoever commits the kill, will surrender their power for the night.

Town

Queen Amidala (Jailkeeper) - Dyson/heroicjanitor

Each night, you can target one person to roleblock and protect.

C-3PO (Sensor) - gmac

Every night, I will PM you the number of mafia that voted for whoever got lynched. If nobody gets lynched, you gain no information.

Lando Calrissian (Roleblocker) - Nintendohnut

Each night, you can target one person to roleblock.

Chewbacca (Bodyguard) – The fish

Each night, you can choose one person to protect. However, if your chosen target is targeted to be killed, you will be killed in place of them.

Jar Jar Binks (Page Sensor) - Marcamillian

This is a one use power. At any time during the game, you can select any page from the thread, and i will tell you how many posts on that page were posted by the mafia. Please make sure you only see 20 posts a page, to avoid confusion.

Qui-Gon Jinn (Lie Detector) - Jonnas

On every odd night, you can send me a post that someone has posted in the game thread. I will point out any lies in the post, and send it back to you.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Doctor) - ReZourceman

Each night you can choose one person to protect. They will be immune from night kills, and any other power. You also have healing powers.

Princess Leia (Governer) - Sméagol

This is a one use power. At any time during the day, you can PM me requesting me to stop the day. As soon as I receive the PM, the day will have ended. If anyone is lynched past the time in which it was received, it will not be counted.

R2-D2 (Watcher) – Aqui1a

Each night, I will PM you telling you if anyone targets you.

Luke Skywalker (Cop) - chairdriver

Each night, you can target one person to investigate. You will learn their alignment.

Han Solo (Tracker) – The Peeps

Each night, you can target one person to track. You will learn who they targeted that night.

Mace Windu (Watcher) - heroicjanitor

Each night, you can choose one person to target. You will be sent back information on anyone who targets them.

Yoda (Double Voter) – Dannyboy-the-Dane

You have a double vote. To use it, you must use your vote first in your post. If any text is above it, it will be counted as a single vote.

Neutral

Jango Fett (Serial Killer) - Diageo

Each night you can choose one person to kill. You win if you’re still alive when another faction wins.

Jabba the Hut (Jester) - Zell

In order to win, you must be lynched. However, you are limited to a maximum of 5 posts a day. Being lynched is your only way of winning.

----------

I was really looking forward to what Zell was going to do, but he died really early :(. Same thing happened when i gave j7 a cool role last game, although he was recruited, but he still lost his power.

I dunno, this game lacked ... depth for me. I was never into it. Granted, I died early, but I really wasn't bothered. Maybe it was the write-ups, I dunno. ::shrug:

That's how i thought people felt, it lacked any meat really, and that's what makes a game immersive, so i really got to fix that.

I think with so few people it is easier to put doubt into people's heads.

No-one had any info on me from the night and although my info as an ewok was made up, it was semi believable. If I'd been online, it would have been a great victory for me and jay.

And yep, payback. We were getting rid of the people with useful powers, otherwise we would've killed him a lot earlier. It was you or him to be the kill last night, and in the end we decided on him.

It's a shame heroicjanitor missed with his jailkeep too. Lots of factors to think about but definitely a good game played by all.

Just reading through the roles, gmac had a very useful power! Too bad he was lynched so easily :P

And I just saw that Jonnas had a lie detector power, did not know that.

They're all the rage these days!

I've been reading back, you actually had two opportunities to lynch me (properly), but both of them after I had the opportunity to hammer mr-paul. If I had done that, Marc may have still been alive now.

Did the fish get targeted for the kill or did his protection work?

We actually had a mix-up in targets that night. We were supposed to poison him to encourage him to talk, but for some reason the targets had been swapped by the time we sent them in, so we ended up killing him.

Also, Diageo's role is a bit weird. He's not required to kill in order to win (his win condition would make him a "survivor" type role).

If I were him, I'd have kept a low profile, and would not have killed early on.

I meant regarding killing. You tried to kill Chair on the night you got poisoned if I recall correctly.

I played a shite game tbh. I honestly didn't get any results with my power which didn't even help at the end of the game lol. Still, if I had been better I probably wouldn't have won :santa:

Indeed. But if I was to do nothing at night and day, I might as well not have played. Too boring.