NEurope
MadDog

Star Wars Mafia: The Game Thread

Indeed. But if I was to do nothing at night and day, I might as well not have played. Too boring.

Hmm, well I think you should just take into account you are able to get a role that doesn't have a nightpower (for future games, as you did have a nightpower obviously). Games need passive roles as well. You need to get you fun from the conversation in the dayphase. This was the second time MadDog gave me a pretty passive role, but I don't mind.

For the record MadDog, I enjoyed it, but not as much as the DIY (and other games) one I think. Because of the balance issues probably (although, is it very unbalanced? It was very close :D).

Hmm, well I think you should just take into account you are able to get a role that doesn't have a nightpower (for future games, as you did have a nightpower obviously). Games need passive roles as well. You need to get you fun from the conversation in the dayphase. This was the second time MadDog gave me a pretty passive role, but I don't mind.

For the record MadDog, I enjoyed it, but not as much as the DIY (and other games) one I think. Because of the balance issues probably (although, is it very unbalanced? It was very close :D).

In terms of luck, it was quite even. Marcas power turned out very good for the townies, the night with the late PM was unlucky for the mafia. ReZ being lynchbombed was unlucky and funny at the same time, i actually lol'ed when i was counting up the votes and i said to myself, ok next person who casts a vote dies, and there was ReZ :heh:, who ofcourse was a doctor/healer, which was key, since he was the only person who could stop the poison.

I think the momentum faltered in this mafia because of the epicness of gentlemans mafia... it was a hard act to run along side. As you say, a little more flair in the way the write-ups were written could have improved the immersion a bit.

That being said I had alot of fun. Thanks to my intersting role (and blind luck) I felt like a useful townie... a rare thing to find in a mafia game. I also think this was the first mafia where I felt able to "spot" mafia from what they said in their posts.

The roles, whilst powerful, happened to be nicely balenced. Any mafia that ends with only 4 people left shows that neither side was grossly overpowered compaired to the others. Whilst the mafia risked becoming unstoppable (from poisoning double kill and dead doctor) my power nicely counter balenced the situation.

Thankyou Maddog.

------------------------

I think ReZ's lynch bomb was the most awe inspiring moment in any mafia I've played. Just sitting there thinking "that CANT have happened"

I get most my fun from the day phase, but I wouldn't get any if I was laying low, and not targeting anybody.

ReZourceman is Dead. He was Obi-Wan Kenobi, he was the towns Doctor.

Aww fudgenuggets.

This is the best post in the game

the info I had was that out of the first two lynches 2 mafia voted for the Lynch and due to the large number of votes for paj on the first lynch I had guessed that meant that 2 out of the non voters (Ell, Dyson, me, J7, Smeagol) were mafia.

I was waiting for my PM from the third lynch before I released all my info since I wanted to stay under the mafia's radar, then I didn't get the PM when MadDog posted the new day (so I just assumed since it was late that I'd pick it up when I got back from work) and then by the time I checked the forum at lunch on my phone I'd already been lynched!

Then I just got petty and didn't release the info ;)

I really felt sorry for you, it's obvious Jonnas and I voted simply for pressure (I didn't suspect you at all, it was simply you or one of the other people who hadn't been cleared by Marc's list).

Just reading through the roles, gmac had a very useful power! Too bad he was lynched so easily :P

And I just saw that Jonnas had a lie detector power, did not know that.

They're all the rage these days!

Boo ya! You claimed that power the night I died, I thought you did it on purpose! I swear, if you had killed Marcamillian or Herojan that night, I would've busted your lying mouth sooner than you could say "That's no moon".

Because my power had limitations. I could only use it on odd nights. On the first night, I obviously got nothing. On the third, Dohnut roleblocked me (but I didn't have anyone to analyse, either way). On the fifth, only confirmed mafia/townies spoke.

That's also why I directly asked Dannyboy if he was good. I was glad he gave me a straight answer, but Marc clears him in the same day. my power was screwed left and right by townies, it seems.

@Maddog: As for the game, I felt it had too many ways to kill a person, which meant interesting players/roles died quickly. Other than that, pretty solid, I think.

Sure, the flavour could've been done better, but I know you're still at the stage where you're finding the ins and outs of running a balanced game. I feel ya. In fact, your first game reminded me of the Animafia (my first game hosted), while this one reminded me of my own DIY (my second game hosted).

Now you're looking to create better flavour. Your path is similar to mine, young one. You'll have your Gentlemen's mafia soon enough, I'm sure.

Also, mr-paul, you're still good at being mafia, you sly devil, you. I still remember you in my animafia, you know, surviving for days after you were practically confirmed evil.

I enjoyed poisoning people though. The confusion and panic was good until I got caught out unluckily by Marcamillian's power. I didn't post much so he caught be out on that one page!