NEurope
MadDog

Star Wars Mafia: The Game Thread

I'm not sure it's relevant or just flavour text but my PM says I need a doctor.

I am sad that we do not find out their powers.

Indeed, makes it harder for us to speculate what roles there are. Especially when the write up seems to use 'follows' a lot.

I'm not sure it's relevant or just flavour text but my PM says I need a doctor.

Have you noticed anything in the write-up? The only thing I can guess is the bad take-away.

The write up specifies I am ill. And so does the PM, so I assume it's serious.

One character is a lot more ill than the other, it looks like someone is poisoning people. I wonder how long the mercenary will be sick, or if he will get better. I have nothing again btw.[/useless]

The mercenary decided to go out tonight, he had a target in mind. His target was being protected by a Jedi, who was being watched by a fellow Jedi.

I still think this is a neutral vigilante or similar. But his target was protected.

So we have one Jedi protector. And a Jedi who may be a tracker, who in that case would know who has been protected (from perhaps certain death). No clues here about the nature of the target though.

Meanwhile, the gambler and the masked man both intercepted the mercenary. The mercenary then walked home, when he got back to his house, he felt very sick, and threw up many times. He felt much worse than last night.

Hmm, they were in an event together on night 1, and now they target the same player. The masked man however doesn't seem to have roleblocked the mercenary this time, like he seemed to do with the gambler on night 1. So maybe it's something else he does. It's not made clear here what he or the gambler do to the mercenary. Like heroicjanitor points out, he's very sick, and most likely because of night 1 (as opposed to something the masked man and gambler did to him). It's obviously something that has a delayed effect, since the mercenary operated just fine this night. I hope it's nothing too damaging, unless the mercenary is evil of course, but I don't think that's the case.

The smuggler followed his target, he found him sat at home.

Ah, last night I suspected the gambler to be Han, and heroicjanitor suggested it was Lando Calrissian instead. Looks to be the case then, because this must be Han. Again, no real effect here.

The Jedi had finished following his desired target. When he got home, he treated himself to a nice takeaway. The food was delivered. He sat down to eat it. Later that night, he started feeling abit unwell, and had an early night.

Another Jedi with no real clue as to what he does. But we should keep an eye on him to see if his conditions worsens.

The hideous slug like creature had his fill of entertainment for the night, and went to sleep. A man then comes to his targets residency and finds him dead.

Hmm, nothing to add. Wonder what he did though. Didn't seem to be particularly productive tonight, but I guess we'll just find out at the very end.

Ah yes, forgot to add that. I assume Diageo is the mercenary, unless the mercenary didn't come forward with this last day.. In any case, I suggest the other sick person come forward as well.

Reading Diageo's post again, I suggest the doctor targets either 1 of the 2 (but keeps quiet).

Smart move MadDog, giving the doctor something else to do!

Ah yes, forgot to add that. I assume Diageo is the mercenary, unless the mercenary didn't come forward with this last day.. In any case, I suggest the other sick person come forward as well.

Reading Diageo's post again, I suggest the doctor targets either 1 of the 2 (but keeps quiet).

The merc was feeling ill on night 1. Wouldn't this suggest that Diageo is the jedi who are take away last night?

That's because I assumed someone who would need a doctor would have come forward immediately, and therefore the sick people get a note when their illness worsens (so on day 2). I never take the simple explanation ;).

Possible that the mercenary indeed didn't come forward, perhaps he was inactive last day / night (he clearly wasn't this night).

Anyway, like I said, the other sick person must come forward. I'm fearing it may be a delayed kill, to force the doctor to take action.

If the dark side has a protector, they could prevent a sick person being healed, which is why the other person must come forward, because that increases the chances of healing someone.

Ok, so we have sick people... And that's it?

This means we vote on instinct, isn't that right?

Vote: Paj Meen Ah

Because I suspect he will not be very active.

Well, Diageo is the mercenary for sure, I can tell after piecing a few details I have together. And mercenaries are often neutral in mafia games. So the question is, is it worth the doctor risking himself to save someone who might be Neutral, or would it be better for the Jedi who ate a takeaway tonight to be cured?

Diageo, make your case for being saved/good!

Well, Diageo is the mercenary for sure, I can tell after piecing a few details I have together. And mercenaries are often neutral in mafia games. So the question is, is it worth the doctor risking himself to save someone who might be Neutral, or would it be better for the Jedi who ate a takeaway tonight to be cured?

Diageo, make your case for being saved/good!

He can save both since they last at least 2 nights, unless Diageo is particularly hardy. Also the jedi hasn't come forward yet, so Diageo is the only one on the waiting list to see the doctor.

Vote: Paj Meen Ah since I'm easily swayed.

You're rude! I'm reading the thread as we speak!

Cancel your fucking votes you miserable cunts. *spoken really determinedly*

---

I love the emphasis on food/feeling ill this game has. I don't remember much of that in the Star Wars films. :p

I have nothing, as my role is completely passive. /crap.

Does Mercenary mean good in this universe? Weren't some of the mercenaries evil in Star Wars? Like Boba Fett or whatever.

yeah the question has to be asked if the people who have been poisoned deserve to be saved

I'm assuming at the moment that the poisoner is a vigilante since it would put the mafia in a strong position if they can kill and start a delayed kill in the same night

If it is a vigilante, he is going at it very carelessly. He knows nothing about me or the other jedi that seems to be poisoned. Poisoning a Jedi doesn't seem like a good thing.

Hmm, seems to evil to me to be a vigilante thing. And the delayed kill is a something I speculated, it could be something else. But to me it looks to be more serious than merely some delayed roleblock or something.

A delayed kill would probably too extreme yes, but still.. I think the doctor should take a look at them.

It could reduce the effectiveness of their night power over time, maybe reduce the chances of it working by 20% each night or something, we'd have to wait and see if anything happens to them but we have a doctor so we should be fine. Unless the doctor was Chewbacca.