NEurope
jayseven

I Wish The Rain Would Let Up So I Could Have A Cigarette

In my house, smoking is allowed -- but only downstairs. I'm staying in the attic room. It's not a massive house - ground floor is kitchen and lounge, next floor up is two bedrooms and a loo, then there's me.

So I'm a smoker, but also a bit of a night-owl. Generally speaking, the rest of the house goes to bed by 11pm, and generally speaking, I wait 'bout an hour after that before I open one of my roof-windows and have a crafty cigarette.

But it's been raining for... like, three hours straight! I could sneak downstairs quietly and light one up (I probably will, actually), or I could risk opening a window up here and leaning out (will get windswept and wet. Bad idea).

So anyway - the purpose of THIS opaque thread -- what do your parents NOT know about you?

(here, the case is that my dad and his wife don't know I smoke up here when they're asleep. It's probably the ONLY stupid secret I keep from them)

That I'm bi. But they have no need to know and don't deserve to know.

I spose it goes both ways.

I may have a kid. I think.

I could sneak downstairs quietly and light one up (I probably will, actually)

Do it ya lazy bugger!

I've never told my parents that when I was 18 I could of had a child, but me and my then girlfriend made a very difficult decision to go with abortion :(

I hate saying that word, and just hate the thought of it. Felt horrible and do still feel bad today. Can only imagine how bad my then girlfriend felt too.

Yeah so there you have it.

I've never told my Dad I was the one that burnt down the house by smoking in my bedroom in the attic.

No wait a minute, that's you in the future.

I haven't got any proper secrets - I'm boring! But jayseven, stop smoking, it's terrible for your health!

House survived teh night!

Well I made this thread because I know a lot of my smoker friends still haven't told their parents. generally I feel comfortable enough to tell my parents anything.

I guess knocking someone up is a whole other territory. My sister didn't let the family know 'til she was 3 months gone (just in case, I guess), but Murray and Murr(eeey!) mention something I can't really contemplate, can't really imagine.

My parents hardly know anything about the stuff I get up too, it makes it sound horrible, but they just don't, they trust me and let me get on with it.

They supported me going to the pubs at a young age as it kept me off the streets, they know I've dabbled with drugs and found I didn't like them, etc.

Really my parents don't need to know anything but if they ask I tell them, they tend to be pretty open about it all, I don't need to get as much attention as my sister has been quite annoying to them the last couple of years.

Fairly sure my parents don't, and hopefully never will know, my dabblings with drugs. It's strictly recreational, harmless hijinks from time to time but it's something I'm open to which they are absolutely not. it wouldn't go down well, so what's the point?

Well I made this thread because I know a lot of my smoker friends still haven't told their parents. generally I feel comfortable enough to tell my parents anything.

Sorry to say, but smokers' parents probably all know! It smells a lot more than smokers realise.

I've always had a very open relationship with my parents. With the amount of problems I battled with as an autistic child, it was pretty much necessary for me to have a close relationship with my parents in order to function. It continues to last and is something I love as they're extremely open and understanding about a teenager's life and issues.

Hmm...where do I start? :p

I've got a fairly good, open relationship with my parents and I'm usually "well-behaved" so I could do some strange things, no questions asked, and get away with it.

It's a horrible trait but I can also be a good liar :hmm:

We had a French girl stay with us for a few weeks last Summer..... yeaah....... They don't know about that. She's the only girl who I've had a semi-serious relationship with that they don't know about.

We had a French girl stay with us for a few weeks last Summer..... yeaah....... They don't know about that. She's the only girl who I've had a semi-serious relationship with that they don't know about.

How did they not notice a girl living in the house with them for a few weeks?!

How did they not notice a girl living in the house with them for a few weeks?!

I think it's more that they don't know what he did with her.